Stop Killing All our Heroes!

General Discussion
09/08/2017 07:07 AMPosted by Phelios
They killed the heroes cause the player base asked for it. Horde been pleading for varian death since wrath. Alliance been asking for thrall since cata. But in this case they killed off voljin.

Horde players have never asked for Varian's death. We actually liked him gave the Alliance a good strong leader and was a good character.

Now Garrosh was hated by the Horde but thats mostly Blizz's fault with the terrible writing and the derpy looking model they gave him at first.

Had they done a better job writing him and made sure his model was done properly the first time he would have been loved and may have not turned into a bad guy. Which means we may have not had to suffer though WoD.
09/08/2017 07:01 AMPosted by Kéres
I suspect that within another expansion or two all but maybe one or two established lore characters will have vanished or been killed.
And the one that would be coming back would be...

Med'an.

[Shudders.]
I can't believe it. People are mad that the second worst character in WoW history was killed by Illidan.
09/09/2017 01:03 AMPosted by Choten
I can't believe it. People are mad that the second worst character in WoW history was killed by Illidan.
who was the worst? Garrosh?
09/09/2017 01:00 AMPosted by Andrette
09/08/2017 07:01 AMPosted by Kéres
I suspect that within another expansion or two all but maybe one or two established lore characters will have vanished or been killed.
And the one that would be coming back would be...

Med'an.

[Shudders.]
we don't speak that name
honestly.. i myself wanted to kill x'era everytime she face-dazed me whenever i went to turn in val'sharah emissary quests in lorlathil.

No. I do not at this specific moment want to uncover a piece of illidan's past.
09/09/2017 01:32 AMPosted by Matcauthon

Med'An
09/08/2017 06:38 AMPosted by Kemanorel
Blizzard,

I have noticed a trend as of late where you have become rather blase about killing off characters which are much beloved of the community. You seem to have adopted a theme wherein you are effectively stating "We no longer need the heroes of old, because the players are now the heroes!".

I can see how this can be quite appealing, but it seems forced at best. All you are doing is angering your most loyal players by killing characters which we have loved and respected for over a decade now.

It is hard to take you seriously about being on the level of Ysera or Xe'ra when I still have to go around clearing out chipmunks, picking flowers, and requiring 10 hits to kill Johnny Demon #3. It just isn't working.

I am still mad you killed Ysera, and doubly angered now that you have killed Xe'ra. There are so many more which fit into this category it is appalling. I don't want you to kill all my favorites characters which I have developed an affinity and even a friendship with while playing your game. Please stop. This forced strategy to make us feel more epic was doomed from the start because gameplaywise, we will always be the same relative strength to the content around us- unlike the heroes of old.

If there is no major credible threat to lore characters they are incredibly boring.
Nazgrim

He is kinda back.
09/08/2017 06:48 AMPosted by Amatiel
how did your emotion sway when you saw your favourite characters die?

I pretty much dgaf anymore...

Ever since Cata and my first walk across Auberdine i pretty much said screw it and stopped getting attached to...well...pretty much anything. Another NPC died? ohh who are you again? they nerfed professions? i stopped taking them seriously at the end of MoP. Artifact weapons are going away after Legion? well color me surprised. More classes got gutted? NoooooOoOoooOoooooooOooo...ohh.

I dont know about the rest of you, but nowadays its just hard for me to get attached to any new feature or system (including NPCs) they add into the game. Why get attached to it or invested in it if it might just end up going away next expac?
09/08/2017 06:52 AMPosted by Midare
orcs still don't have an official leader.

Saurfang is their leader.

For real man at least try to learn something about the faction you guys supposedly 'love'.

You got the troll thing right but orcs have a leader. He's right there, title and all.
The only death that really grinded my gears so far was vol'jin, it was just such bad writing and honestly uneeded.

Ysera felt wasted with that death imo, and Xe'ra I was very happy to see blown up. A great end to a terrible questline. Note that I don't care for Illiderp but I care less about Xe'ra.
09/09/2017 04:45 AMPosted by Pärker
09/08/2017 06:52 AMPosted by Midare
orcs still don't have an official leader.

Saurfang is their leader.

For real man at least try to learn something about the faction you guys supposedly 'love'.

You got the troll thing right but orcs have a leader. He's right there, title and all.

To be fair, I don't think that's ever been expressed in game (besides him standing in the Hold.)

He's had the same title for all of wow, I think, High Overlord.

09/09/2017 01:32 AMPosted by Matcauthon
09/09/2017 01:03 AMPosted by Choten

Disgusting, Garrosh was an awesome character, did literally nothing wrong (Except lose)
blizzard will continue to killing mayor characters to try so hard to make us feel that we are against a powerful enemy...
they failed.
since broken shore we demolished the legión in every aspect.
¿why? the player is now so OP that could be leader of the alliance or horde, not even the titans will stand a chance...

consequences of a game so old like this where gameplay is constantly forcing lore.
There were some unnecessary deaths that's true. But there does need to be deaths because dealing with the same characters all the time gets boring eventually. The one that really hit my heart was Varian though. :(
Sigh...

SPOILER

Ysera's and x'era's death actually felt less shocking/ tear jerking than the night borne mana wine lady.

Probs because she actually died in a very realistic way. Hurts my feels each time I jump in the vat now.

Damn.