Dear Blizzard may I please have....

General Discussion
More chests that despawn or have not loot, more mining/herb nodes that despawn when you try to collect them and may I please have more world quests that do not give me credit when completed?

In all seriousness Blizz, can we please get these fixed? Thank you
They're not broken. As a matter of objective fact, the current system is vastly superior to the old one, in which one (and only one) individual could loot a given object in the world.

Current lootable objects (herbs, ore, chests) allow many people to loot them -- the fact that you're not getting to them swiftly enough after someone else does in no way justifies changing back to the original system.

Unless, of course, you'd prefer to never see those herbs/ore/chests, or fight to the death with the opposite faction over them only to have other members of your own faction take them while you're occupied?
09/08/2017 12:35 PMPosted by Regg
They're not broken. As a matter of objective fact, the current system is vastly superior to the old one, in which one (and only one) individual could loot a given object in the world.

Current lootable objects (herbs, ore, chests) allow many people to loot them -- the fact that you're not getting to them swiftly enough after someone else does in no way justifies changing back to the original system.

Unless, of course, you'd prefer to never see those herbs/ore/chests, or fight to the death with the opposite faction over them only to have other members of your own faction take them while you're occupied?

Go sit in the corner. Now.
09/08/2017 12:36 PMPosted by Chrysâlis

Your thread was equally wrong when you spent hours on the forum complaining about this. Sorry, not sorry.
09/08/2017 12:37 PMPosted by Regg

Your thread was equally wrong when you spent hours on the forum complaining about this. Sorry, not sorry.

They're complaining about phasing issues. There are times right after you log in, enter a new zone, etc. that you'll be in the shard for your home world, shortly after it ports you to a populated shard (known as cross-realm).

It's possible to see rares, profession nodes, chests, etc for a brief second before they disappear as you zone into the crz. All the op wants is for this to be cleared up because it's a pretty bad feeling when something disappears right infront of you. Or, stay on your home shard for a few moments.
09/08/2017 12:37 PMPosted by Regg

No. Sorry, these things are broken whether you want to accept that or not. It's not about "being last" or not getting there "fast enough". Weak argument as that is. Changes and fixes both are needed. When it works it's great but as it is currently it doesn't work consistently.
I don't mind herbs and ore nodes that despawn after awhile, but the chests are only lootable once a day. They shouldn't despawn until you've had the opportunity of looting it. It's not as if they respawn after one minute like most mobs do.

That aspect could use some modifying.
This is Blizzard of 2017. If you don't like those things they'd rather you just uninstall than fix it.

You don't get to say that to someone just because he schooled you hard. Take it, swallow that undeserved haughty pride and learn the lesson. Understood?

09/08/2017 12:40 PMPosted by Chrysâlis
No. Sorry, these things are broken whether you want to accept that or not. It's not about "being last" or not getting there "fast enough". Weak argument as that is. Changes and fixes both are needed. When it works it's great but as it is currently it doesn't work consistently.

No, you don't understand the mechanics involved. Each lootable object seems to have so many charges and you don't see the others picking the flower because of phasing or sharding or whatever it's called. You just got there too late.

It's not a weak argument, it's a Fact. Do you really think each node should be unlimited and lootable by every alt you can send there for the day? Do you know what the gold farmers can do with that kind of unlimited resources? Do you really want a long waiting line of bots at every single node??

Disappearing nodes have happened since like Cataclysm to counter the botters. Where have you been? Stop trying to argue with Regg. He knows stuff.
09/08/2017 12:41 PMPosted by Glaivedancer
I don't mind herbs and ore nodes that despawn after awhile, but the chests are only lootable once a day. They shouldn't despawn until you've had the opportunity of looting it. It's not as if they respawn after one minute like most mobs do.

That aspect could use some modifying.

I explained this in a different post recently regarding the nodes/chests despawning.

A blue told me to fix only 1 person looting something they put a 20second timer on chests and nodes from the initial person looting them. So when they despawn, it does suck, but you unfortunately got there too late. I will agree though that if a chest is up and you've not looted it yet that day, would be nice for it to stick around until you do so, but then again that would basically make them like the 1 time only treasures on mainland broken isles/Draenor

You don't get to say that to someone just because he schooled you hard. Take it, swallow that undeserved haughty pride and learn the lesson. Understood?

Sorry, no school. He's just wrong. :(

09/08/2017 12:45 PMPosted by Vixie

It's not a weak argument, it's a Fact.

Sorry, no. :( Bugs exist with them. If a timer is in place it will need extended. As is it's just not OK. It's been suggested in the past that these remain up until the player has looted/mined/etc. them, which I think is a good change. Your scenario about lines of alts and bot farmers too is really outlandish.
09/08/2017 12:51 PMPosted by Chrysâlis
If a timer is in place it will need extended.

This will not solve the problem. It will merely increase the amount of time between respawns.

If you're arriving in the last second or two that a lootable object is active and failing to loot it successfully, the object existing longer will not eliminate situations in which you arrive in the last second or two that it exists and fail to loot it successfully.

This seems really simple, and I'm quite sure that someone in your thread on this subject explained this to you at length already.

Unwillingness to accept it does not make it less accurate.
It is intentional to keep you wasting time flying to nodes hoping the next one will have some thing for you.

Think of it as RNG maybe you get loot/material maybe you wanna break your keyboard over a voodoo developer dolls noggin.

And the rare spawns are endangered pixels and must be protected so the can thrive on servers hidden away from would be poachers / tamers.
09/08/2017 12:51 PMPosted by Chrysâlis
Sorry, no. :( Bugs exist with them. If a timer is in place it will need extended. As is it's just not OK. It's been suggested in the past that these remain up until the player has looted/mined/etc. them, which I think is a good change. Your scenario about lines of alts and bot farmers too is really outlandish.

Going through life ignorantly bull-headed and stubbornly refusing to accept the truth will not go well for you, OP.

Whatever is suggested is well and good but don't expect it to be instantly changed in-game. Blizzard has their reasons for how things work and no amount of suggesting a better way (for you) will bring about changes until they decide otherwise. Not because You waaaant it.
I've had a couple of chests despawn on me, but the contents shows up in the mail almost instantaneously. Have you checked to see if you've had your loot delivered that way?
I feel your frustration. Still better than the 1 tap system, but they need to do something about the despawn lag. The false hope of opening a chest to a "There is no loot" error, hurts more than seeing it despawn in the distance.
There really are an exceptional number of "There is no loot" when you open boxes, particularly on Argus. Even when looting something within 15 seconds of the first person (which is I think how it works), one would normally still get loot back in Broken Shore. Now it's just there for > 15 seconds, and it's empty.

Yes, the new client-side loot system is much better, and we're all thankful for that. This does seem to be a different issue though likely due to phasing or the number of people in such a small area.
09/08/2017 12:33 PMPosted by Sionz
More chests that despawn or have not loot, more mining/herb nodes that despawn when you try to collect them and may I please have more world quests that do not give me credit when completed?

In all seriousness Blizz, can we please get these fixed? Thank you

The chests have junk so they're not worth obsessing over.

Ore and herb nodes are constantly respawning. Just don't bother trying to hit one that you see another player walking away from because you probably won't make it before it's gone.

No credit for completing world quest? Now that one needs to be fixed.

Until then, don't track the world quest in the objective tracker when it's a single target mob objective. If you have it tracked because you're heading to it from another location and you're trying to find it easier, stop tracking it once you arrive.

Bet the quest disappears from your objective tracker more often than not at that point.

Once the world quest pops up on its own instead of you clicking it on the world map to track it, you're good because the game has registered you're in the correct location.

It gets pretty annoying when you have to ride around in circles staring at the target until the game decides you're in the right place to get credit if you kill it but it's even more annoying to help kill it and not get credit. Just take the extra few seconds to let the world quest populate your objective tracker so you don't have to wait another 5 minutes for it to respawn.

One of the many reasons I hate disembodied talking head instead of having to interact with NPCs to get a daily.