Unholy is considered better but....

Battlegrounds
How come frost tend to top damage meters?
Unholy is harder to play. I assume you're talking about random bgs though.
I hear DPS meters are super important in BGs.
More dots to spread? Idk dks, just a guess really.
09/08/2017 10:41 AMPosted by Ashief

If you're not top 3 DPS, you're not even allowed to call incs without getting yelled at my the guy in the #1 spot. Obviously.

I mean it does make you feel better though. I am not arguing that people that top DPS in BGs are the most useful but they do put good pressure out.
Frost does too much dmg for how easy the spec is. The thing is that that's what the spec is all about, so they see-saw on the balance scale being underpowered or overpowered.

If abilities were 'unpruned' (from all classes) i think we can stand to see the rise of utility, and as a result better balancing, again.
09/08/2017 11:23 AMPosted by Feelzbrah

I mean it does make you feel better though. I am not arguing that people that top DPS in BGs are the most useful but they do put good pressure out.

I find that people who care about padding numbers tend to fight on roads.
Play the spec, you want to play. Both are very viable for Dks.
Frost for randoms and unholy for pretty much everything else.
Frost DK's are like Warriors to me. Pretty much no real issue to plow through, but compared to UH DK's... now that's a good !@#$%^- fight I love to face.
Playing UH I always felt so versatile and able to beat anything that I came across, even when I didn't have all my cooldowns up. It's a walking colossus of pain. The only problem is it's flipping boring as heck to play because the talents and spells are so dry and flavorless.
09/08/2017 11:23 AMPosted by Feelzbrah

If they're doing it in the right place. Unfortunately, DPS charts also count road battles, dps done to someone being healed by a freecasting healer, etc.
A lot of damage from something like Aff or fdk is fluff aoe damage that spreads to pets.
09/08/2017 02:26 PMPosted by Jugaa
A lot of damage from something like Aff or fdk is fluff aoe damage that spreads to pets.

YOU'RE fluff aoe damage that spreads to pets

damage is damage "fluff" or not something is dying
09/08/2017 02:36 PMPosted by Corpseworth

YOU'RE fluff aoe damage that spreads to pets

watch it or you'll get reported for harassing
aoe damage from, virulent plague, crypt fever, bursting sores, artifact weapon and army of the dead.
UH can play the objective better than frost in every single map.

Frost do more ST damage, that's about it.

There are too many variables to compare dps meters, nor do dps meters win you games so who cares.