Someone asked me for gear in an LFR

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
09/12/2017 02:13 PMPosted by Teelo
They were quite rude about it, saying "give me those gloves" and opening trade as if they're entitled to it or something.

I responded with: "Sure, just link me a screenshot of you ever giving away gear in an LFR and its yours!"

They replied with a string of expletives.

Looking to start a spat over lfr gear, wow really ????
Well I could go into a thesis of how morally bankrupt and sick our society is and how smartphones are destroying a generation, but i wont. Simply put just ignore these people...
handed out tons and tons of lfr gear, the plh addon really comes in handy!
09/12/2017 02:16 PMPosted by Molari
Since we can't downvote posts anymore just like and this will be a marker to let everyone know that they are actually downvotes.

Like this post to down vote this guy.
Last one i was on got a whisper "!@#$% you dont need those give to me now" then repeated string of other threats and cursing. This is fairly common nowdays I have rarely seen someone ask nicely.
They were quite rude about it, saying "give me those gloves" and opening trade as if they're entitled to it or something.

I responded with: "Sure, just link me a screenshot of you ever giving away gear in an LFR and its yours!"

I made someone give me a hug once. I hope they felt dirty about it.

Loved it!! This entitlement mentality from these kiddies these days is pathetic!
09/12/2017 02:16 PMPosted by Molari
Since we can't downvote posts anymore just like and this will be a marker to let everyone know that they are actually downvotes.
i'll always give away gear i don't need..

except when it is demanded. simple.

Personally I don't think you should have responded to them or even acknowledged them.

Never reward this behavior, and never fold over to it like wet paper.

If someone whispers you, or even asks in /say, 'hey can I have those if you don't need them' is one thing, but if someone acts like this...

Look at all of the wet paper bags posting in this thread that you should have just complied with their demands...
Once I was in a lfr that just ended and my next queue popped. I was waiting for everyone to accept, and someone opened a trade with me to give me an upgrade I didn't ask for. Right as I was about to accept the trade I was ported to the next lfr. I screamed a little, but I thought it was nice the guy inspected me to see if I could use it.
That would be a great statistic to track.
I will give away lower-ilvl LFR gear all the time. Unless it adds an appearance to my collection, then I'll just quickly equip-then-unequip. If somebody asks for it, I'll say "oopsie I accidentally equipped it, sorry!"
Never ceases to amaze how easily and frequently people miss the point on such simple posts.
Once I found a ring while fighting orcs in a cave. Someone else there demanded I give it to them. I eventually gave it to one of my relatives instead and he hounded them forever.
When someone DEMANDs gear and opens trade before I can reply. I refuse. I'll hand it to someone else or vendor it.

If someone asks kindly with "Do you need that?" or "May I have that piece?" Sure no problem!

Cos of asking nice, I've gotten a few things. It doesn't take much effort to be nice.
09/13/2017 08:42 AMPosted by Poolze

Loved it!! This entitlement mentality from these kiddies these days is pathetic!

You do realize that he edited his post to make himself look more favorable, right?

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20759126435?page=2#post-22

I quoted what his message originally said.

"But you edited your post!"

True, to fix a grammar error that I made in my reply.
All those saying the OP is wrong: you realize he didn't (in the OP at least) say if he did or did not need it? Not to mention, who cares if he didn't need it? The issue is not that there was an unused piece of gear going to waste; the issue is how the other party DEMANDED it. I've had this happen to me and promptly ignored that person and gave the gear to someone else who was nice about it.

Do you *need* those 30 cents you found in the crevasse of your couch cushions? What if some bum came up to you and said "GIVE ME THOSE COINS". Even if you *didn't* need them why on earth would you give them to some rude jackass? If he said "Excuse me, but do you have any change?" I might be more forthcoming.

If you demand I give you piece of gear, even if I clearly don't need it, definitely expect to be ignored. Ask nicely and your chances are infinitely higher.
09/13/2017 09:31 AMPosted by Neralya
All those saying the OP is wrong: you realize he didn't (in the OP at least) say if he did or did not need it? Not to mention, who cares if he didn't need it? The issue is not that there was an unused piece of gear going to waste; the issue is how the other party DEMANDED it. I've had this happen to me and promptly ignored that person and gave the gear to someone else who was nice about it.

Do you *need* those 30 cents you found in the crevasse of your couch cushions? What if some bum came up to you and said "GIVE ME THOSE COINS". Even if you *didn't* need them why on earth would you give them to some rude jackass? If he said "Excuse me, but do you have any change?" I might be more forthcoming.

If you demand I give you piece of gear, even if I clearly don't need it, definitely expect to be ignored. Ask nicely and your chances are infinitely higher.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, the OP edited his initial post. In the original post he NEVER mentioned the person demanding the item. He went back and edited to put himself in a more favorable light and look like less of an !@#.

Had he stated that someone demanded the gear then I would have supported his thread.
I always just link the item and ask who wants it. If no one responds, it's mine. I rarely use the stuff that drops so it's no skin off my back