Battleground Gear vs Argus Gear

Battlegrounds
I am gearing up some alts and need some advice.

Is gearing up in Argus/Dungeons/PvE faster or using Battlegrounds faster for a fresh 110 if I had to choose between the two?

What is the gear iLevel differential for each?

Is it comparable?

Thanks.
What are your intentions? To gear for PvE content? Then do PvE stuff. You want to PvP? Just play, gear doesn't really matter anymore. Artifact traits and PvP talents matter the most.
09/10/2017 08:40 PMPosted by Carla
What are your intentions? To gear for PvE content? Then do PvE stuff. You want to PvP? Just play, gear doesn't really matter anymore. Artifact traits and PvP talents matter the most.

A balance of both PvE and PvE. An all rounded character.

I see, where do I level artifact traits the fastest? PvE or PvP? Does Argus/Quests/Dungeons give a lot of Artifact Knowledge?
09/10/2017 08:45 PMPosted by Ravagér
09/10/2017 08:40 PMPosted by Carla

Sounds like you want to PvE...
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Sounds like you want to PvE...

I want to be able to do both. They are not mutually exclusive right?

What is the iLevel gearwise from each?
BG gear from randoms is about 870 at the lowest and I have seen some 900 pieces. If you get 75 Echoes, which you get from Obliterating gear (15 from Glad pieces and 1 from Combatants/Relics) then you can purchase gear that starts at 905. Honor talents are from pvp only (bgs/arenas/wpvp quests) AP is fairly quick through BGs as well since you are now Artifact Knowledge 42 with everyone else. In randoms, you get scaled to 900. However, for every 10 ilevels over 800, there's an extra 1% bonus to stats. So lets say you are 780, you will be scaled to 900, but going against someone like me who is 921, I'll have 12% extra bonus to stats. So while there is a disadvantage to new 110s, it's really not too bad. And gear comes quick since you get a piece from every win. Also, don't forget to do world bosses and have your seal of broken fate for the bonus roll. Same with RBGs/arenas if you ever do those.

I can't speak much for Argus, but I do know gear from there is 905. You just won't get Honor talents. I also hear players who have lower ilvl have a harder time there. I'd say do what you want, but it is possible to gear up from both.
The best bet is to mix both.

Do the new 7.3 Argus storylines/zones to completion. You will get some 910+ gear from that and it will be necessary for any other PvE stuff you want to do. Plus the AP gain from PvE is so much higher then PvP, so it will go faster.

PvP will help you mix up on monotonous PvE borefest and fill in some gear pieces if you win and give you a little bit of honor so maybe you can get your first honor column filled out. Losing won't give you much of either though. If you see a loss incoming, afk'ing out and going back to PvE isn't a bad idea.

In reality, you are a playing a DH, and will do far better then most classes in PvP just because of that.
09/10/2017 09:35 PMPosted by Swiftylicous
Losing won't give you much of either though.

Eh, even in losses Alliance get good Honor. It's worth it to stick it out imo.. they don't last long anyway.
09/10/2017 09:35 PMPosted by Swiftylicous
The best bet is to mix both.

Do the new 7.3 Argus storylines/zones to completion. You will get some 910+ gear from that and it will be necessary for any other PvE stuff you want to do. Plus the AP gain from PvE is so much higher then PvP, so it will go faster.

PvP will help you mix up on monotonous PvE borefest and fill in some gear pieces if you win and give you a little bit of honor so maybe you can get your first honor column filled out. Losing won't give you much of either though. If you see a loss incoming, afk'ing out and going back to PvE isn't a bad idea.

In reality, you are a playing a DH, and will do far better then most classes in PvP just because of that.

Thanks, I just got a 945 ring from Argus tokens and loads of AP from the quests and got 2 artifact weapons to 53 traits (have not worked on 3rd one at all). Not bad for a character who reached 110 1.5 days ago.
On your level 100? lmao
09/11/2017 12:30 AMPosted by Jugaa
On your level 100? lmao

No, on my level 110. Thought I said that.
I was ilvl840 a week ago. I'm 924 now.

Go to Argus and farm veiled argunite like a mad man. Get gear from that vendor.

Mix and match pieces from your BG rewards (combatant) and gladiator pieces. Until your ilvl is high enough, then obliterate your glad pieces you don't want to fill out your other slots. Your main goal is just to get high ilvl for PvP. You'll need to be above 900ish to be on the same playing field as everyone else.

Good advice, Argus is giving great gear and artifact knowledge so far. I've PvPed quite a bit but most of my pieces from PvP are being replaced quickly by 910 pieces from Argus.

Why 900-ish? I thought some people here were saying gear and Artifact Knowledge don't matter in PvP?

So does it?

Also, I would like to do well enough not to get ganked too hard in world PvP or at least stand a chance.
Not sure where that quote is from... I'm 850 on my Alliance alt and do just fine... nice try whoever swifty got to post lol
Tbh, you sound like this guy:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20758966176?page=3

Supposedly he has been playing these games "since we were all in diapers" yet JUST started playing wow.
09/11/2017 12:45 AMPosted by Jugaa
Tbh, you sound like this guy:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20758966176?page=3

Supposedly he has been playing these games "since we were all in diapers" yet JUST started playing wow.

Who me? Not sure what this means or why you would say that.

No, I am not him or said any stuff like that on this thread.

Why would you assume that?
@OP

If you're doing PVE & WPvP I'd recommend you do all the Argus zones including all WQ's that pop up. Farm invasion points for veiled argunite & gear.

While you're doing this queue for BG's too so you can also work on honor talents so you can flesh them out.

I'd recommend completely ignoring the gear you get from any BG stuff unless it's a filler piece as the PVE part that you do will cover all your AP & gear needs much quicker. The PVP part is just for the honor talents. Don't forget the PVP WQ's on the other broken isles zones as well, those add up.

Also make sure you finish the skirms quest (and win the brawl if you can stomach that crap).

09/10/2017 09:27 PMPosted by Jugaa
I can't speak much for Argus, but I do know gear from there is 905

New relinquished gear from veiled argunite is 910+. I've gotten a few 935 pieces so far.
@OP

If you're doing PVE & WPvP I'd recommend you do all the Argus zones including all WQ's that pop up. Farm invasion points for veiled argunite & gear.

While you're doing this queue for BG's too so you can also work on honor talents so you can flesh them out.

The PVE part that you do will cover all your AP & gear needs. The PVP part is just for the honor talents. Don't forget the PVP WQ's on the other broken isles zones as well, those add up.

Also make sure you finish the skirms quest (and win the brawl if you can stomach that crap).

09/10/2017 09:27 PMPosted by Jugaa
I can't speak much for Argus, but I do know gear from there is 905

New relinquished gear from veiled argunite is 910+. I've gotten a few 935 pieces so far.

That's correct and Jugaa is wrong, Argus gear is 910+. I got a 945 piece as well. Congrats on your 935 pieces.

Thanks for the advice. That's pretty much what I have been doing and it's been working great so far.

So far from Argus I have got:
1. 945 ring
2. 920 relic
3. 910 x 2 armor pieces

Also just got all my PvP Honor talents + 54 traits on 2 Artifact weapons.

I just acquired my last Honor talent and took a break from Battlegrounds.

Item level has jumped to 895 without any legendaries.
If you're Horde the good news is that you can do a few WQ's in between battlegrounds, works out nicely. If you're feeling like taking a break from PVE just go merc for fast Alliance queues.

And finally, in answer to your original posts I'd skip dungeons/mythic etc. all together unless you like it. Personally, WQ's is about all the PVE I can stomach without, plus the WPvP potential makes it a nice balance until BG's pop.

Do try get your RBG/3v3 weekly done because PvP gear will probably give you stuff that's better itemized for your template/spec.