Final Tuning on Netherlight Crucible

7.3 PTR Feedback
We’ve made a final tuning pass on the Netherlight Crucible to ensure that its powers behave more like the trinkets that you know and love.

In general, these changes are intended to bring the value of the various powers closer together, and ensure they’re desirable choices for players. We’ve loosened the restrictions these powers had on the PTR, so effects that previously did not take your character’s modifiers into account are now improved by things like Haste and Critical Strike, and relevant buffs or debuffs that are part of your class. We also updated numerical tuning to take those changes into account.

Tuning Changes:
Master of Shadows – Value reduced to 500.
Murderous Intent – Value reduced to 1500.
Dark Sorrows – Proc rate increased by Haste.
Torment the Weak – Value reduced to 80,000. Damage over Time effect now increased by haste and can crit.
Chaotic Darkness – Proc rate increased by Haste.
Shadowbind – Value increased to 200,000. Proc rate increased by haste.

Light Speed – Value reduced to 500.
Shocklight – Value reduced to 1500.
Secure in the Light – Value increased to 135,000. Proc rate increased by haste.
Infusion of Light - Value reduced to 101,000. Proc rate increased by haste.
Light's Embrace – Value increased to 45,500. Proc rate increased by haste.
Refractive Shell – Value increased to 300,000. Proc rate increased by haste.

The above all differ from what you may have seen on the PTR, and we appreciate the time and effort that testers put into providing the feedback we received.
Final is a really strong word right here! ;)
Shadow damage Powers are increased by UH Mastery ?
Can you include what these effects are alongside the changes? Having to look them up separately to understand, as I'm not familiar with them.

I'm looking at https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/32252-patch-73-netherlight-crucible-preview/ to see what the effects are.
Awesome, now rogues get punished even more since Haste is an absolute dead stat for us thus our NCL buffs will proc less on average then the classes who actually benefit from it! Nailed it Blizz!
09/11/2017 03:32 PMPosted by Dandeath

Also came here wondering this. If that's the case then the crucible is gonna be hilarious for unholy. (read imba)
09/11/2017 03:23 PMPosted by Kaivax
Proc rate increased by haste.

Holy Paladins cry
09/11/2017 03:46 PMPosted by Armorbound
09/11/2017 03:32 PMPosted by Dandeath

Also came here wondering this. If that's the case then the crucible is gonna be hilarious for unholy. (read imba)

From my understanding (maybe wrong) there is something like a -50% modifier on the shadow dmg ones for unholy dks cause of their mastery
so basically non haste classes are kinda boned if they don't get the flat stat buffs that were nerfed 25%

hmmm wonderful

isnt there like some specs running like 8% haste...lol
[quote]so basically non haste classes are kinda boned if they don't get the flat stat buffs that were nerfed 25%

hmmm wonderful

isnt there like some specs running like 8% haste...lol[/quote

Shoot right now I have 7% and that's only because my legendary bracers and some tier pieces I'm forced to have have haste, if it wasn't for them I would strive for 0
09/11/2017 04:12 PMPosted by Zan
so basically non haste classes are kinda boned if they don't get the flat stat buffs that were nerfed 25%

hmmm wonderful

isnt there like some specs running like 8% haste...lol

Blizzard just increased the value of haste for your spec - look at it half full not half empty! lol... :D
BDKs/Tankadins rejoice and stack even more haste!!!
I suppose we should be glad that they are putting in effort to balance something that received zero positive feedback and is being forced on us

at least all traits are balanced now... oh wait specs have different stat weights???

enjoy the RNG grind folks!

(all sarcasm, to be clear)
"We’ve made a final tuning pass on the Netherlight Crucible to ensure that its powers behave more like the trinkets that you know and love."

Minor problem:

You can't swap relics back and forth like you can trinkets.

Specs that don't like haste just got totally hosed, and most (all) of the procs are ST only, which means the pure stat buffs are still probably miles better. *sigh*
Gotta love even more last minute changes. Literally last minute lol. And you wonder why your players are starting to hate you?
We’ve made a final tuning pass on the Netherlight Crucible to ensure that its powers behave more like the trinkets that you know and love.

Shame haste is horrible for my spec so Netherlight just took a nerf. Do the recent class buffs take these changes into account or are you going to have to reevaluate them again?
Come on guys, when has this EVER worked out for you? When, in the history of ever, has it EVER worked out for you to implement a change - untested - THE DAY BEFORE IT GOES LIVE.

It doesn't take a genius to look at the changes you made and say "wow, those are really bad for a chunk of the player base". Hmm, we've nerfed the overall effect on nearly every NCL augment, in turn increased their proc chance based on haste a stat which few classes gear for, and even more stay as far away as possible from.

To recap, classes like mine, avoid haste like the plague, so this was an outright nerf to those of us that have haste as a dead stat. In essence, we've gotten our augments from the NCL nerfed, while simultaneously kicking us while we're down by making them have an increased proc rate based on a stat that, in an ideal world, we strive to have as little as humanly possible.

Isn't this the very reason we have the PTR? When something so obviously, painfully, and hilariously flawed is allowed to slip past? It's all well and good for those classes who stack haste, but you've left those who don't in a worse place, as now we're getting nerfed augments from the NCL less frequently then our haste stacking counterparts.
In general, these changes are intended to bring the value of the various powers closer together, and ensure they’re desirable choices for players.

The fact that Light's Embrace and Refractive Shell have no damage component to them and a relative (to current HP pools) weak heal means that these two choices will forever be undesirable. Especially when it comes to mythic raiding these heal effects of these two abilities won't even be noticed. For instance Light's Embrace with 8 ppm (ya I know it will heal for more based off haste but base value for argument's sake) will heal 364k over an entire minute. My DH has just shy of 5m HP which will go even higher in Antorus gear so by base proc chance does this mean that it will take me ~14 minutes to heal my HP pool based off of this trait?

Is there any way these two last traits can get a dps component added into them? If they are left as only pure utility they will be absolutely undesirable and the only reason people will ever take them would be if a bis tier 3 trait is only able to be gotten by doing so. If you really want ALL tier 2 traits to be closer together then something needs to be changed for these last two traits because as it stands now there is absolutely nothing desirable about them.
09/11/2017 06:02 PMPosted by Zyký
Gotta love even more last minute changes. Literally last minute lol. And you wonder why your players are starting to hate you?

Congratulations, Blizzard! Here's hoping the NC added RNG and time waste raises your profit predictions at the next shareholder's pow-wow. Greedy morons.

It damned sure isn't doing anything for your paying customers, many of whom won't be paying you much longer.

Blizz: "Good news, everyone! Now you can get mustard, mayo, or ketchup on your shet sandwich! Not just mayo anymore!"

Player #8795: "But it's still a shet sandwich."

Blizz: "What? Oh um...we're looking into it!!"
The only way you could improve the NLC is to remove it completely from the game.