List of Bad decisions about Warlocks

Warlock
Here is a list of the bad changes they made on warlocks in WoD and Legion

- Adding a Castime to Shadowfury
- Adding Backdraft as a talent
- Adding Shadowburn as a talent and even worst make it a replacement of conflagerate
- Removing Burning Embers and Ember Tap
- Adding Fire and Brimstone as a talent and make it a passive ability
- Making Chaos Bolt hit like a pillow and to depedent on RNG
- Removing Darksoul as a DPs CD (3 different effect depending on your current spec)
- Keeping Infernal and Doomlord as a baseline dps CD
- Reworking Grimoire of Sacrifice as the abomination it is right now
- Adding Demonic teleport as a talent
- Removing KJ cunning
- Reworking Incinerate spell visual as it is right now.
- Charred Remains.
- Removing soulburn mechanics
- Removing Soul swap
- Soul Effigy
- Make Unstable affliction as a Shard spender instead of Haunt
- Making Haunt a Talent that only does DMG
- Removing Malefict Graps spell visual
- Removing Metamorphosis mechaninc (not talking about the demon form)
- Removing Demonic Fury mechanic
- Removing of Demonic Touch and Chaos wave
- Demonic Empowerment
- Making Demo an Imp Master
- Removing Wrathguard.
- Removing our Selfheal talent Tier (Dark Regeneration, Soul Leach and Ember tap/Harvest life) and our Defenseive tier (Soul Link, sacrificial Pack and Dark Bargain).
- Sould Link and Grimoire of Sacrifice INteraction

Can you guys think of anything else?
keeping lifetap as a mechanic, generally speaking.
-Removing backlash
-Removing curses baseline
-Removing demonic breath/shadowflame
-Removing fel flame
-Making soul link demo only
-Removing chaotic energies for destro making us have to life tap again

I think there's still things I'm missing I'll keep thinking.
the removal of Fel glow effect when gain an ember.
Did they remove the -0.5s on GCD when using dots in pvp?
Not giving us a Pit Lord pet.
making doom a 15s dot

reducing pandemic to only 50% and making it baseline for all classes

reducing dot duration for agony/corruption from 30/21 seconds

removing snap shotting for dot effects

making life tap cost an increasing amount of health but restore no extra mana as you gain more gear

removing chaotic energy (the mana regen mechanic for destruction)

removing soul link

removing baseline demonic teleport

fel flame

making rain of fire a shard spender

changing FnB to a passive and a talent rather than baseline and toggle

increasing cd on havoc and reducing duration

tbh I could go on for awhile I'm just gonna end it here lol

edit: one last thing I wanted to add,

making burning rush cost be based on max health % rather than base health.
Making every fricking demo spell cost a buttload of mana so I have to life tap every 5 spellcasts
Taking the shivara/fel-imp/beholder etc that we had as talents and putting them onto glyphs which we have to buy for each spec for upwards of 11k or even 20k gold.

Taking away metamorphisis and its animations just because a new class 'used it better' when we have had that ability for a long- long time. (really did feel like a kick in the teeth...you know...getting butchered to make something else feel better)
-- side not, then giving us a follower who has a metamorphisis on him- further taunting us

Taking away our burning embers/soul shards etc and then -late- into the expac putting them onto the scribe's toolkit so we can pay even MORE gold just to get what we had before....but...whats this? Oh snap- the fire mages got the burning orbs we had? Well- crud! At least the new soulshards and what not look nice....oh right...you (the warlock) are the only one who can see them.

But hey! at least we have all those new spell animations- not.
I was going to add to the thread with bad decisions but holy hannah, you guys pretty much covered everything for me haha.
-5 shard system and removing the 4 shard system

-Chaos bolt costing 2 soulshards
09/26/2017 11:45 AMPosted by Aurigha
- Adding Shadowburn as a talent and even worst make it a replacement of conflagerate

I have nothing to add to your post, other than to perhaps suggest that this particular item be underlined, highlighted, and set up on a billboard in flashing neon lights, with rotating spotlights and a fireworks display around it.

I want my damn execute back.

EDIT: I do actually have one....

Making Warlock the only caster in the game to NOT get new spell animations with all the other classes/specs. That was fairly profoundly stupid decision on their part.
I DE hope DE they DE revamp DE demo DE soon LT.

I was hoping demo would play more like a Diablo 2 necromancer. Sadly, I can't run around with my own personal army because most of my demons disappear after 12 seconds. My minions don't feel like summons. They're just glorified dots.
09/26/2017 10:04 PMPosted by Forums
I DE hope DE they DE revamp DE demo DE soon LT.

I was hoping demo would play more like a Diablo 2 necromancer. Sadly, I can't run around with my own personal army because most of my demons disappear after 12 seconds. My minions don't feel like summons. They're just glorified dots.

same, i thought it was going to be like having your wrathguard, 4 imps all the time with 2 felhounds and 2 active spells to cast, and a felguard or other demos as a dps CD.
In an early Legion Q&A, Ion acknowledged our concerns about demo's playstyle:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/88435402?t=20m50s
I started playing a monk recently and it made me realize that we need some of their toolkit haha, their version of demonic teleport is far superior, with a lower cd and no cast times. also its BASELINE.

their pets from storm earth fire w/e can be swapped to targets at will with a click of a button, can you imagine if we got that for demo?
09/26/2017 01:26 PMPosted by Svengali
Did they remove the -0.5s on GCD when using dots in pvp?
I support this thread but good luck getting any attention from blizz. :(
09/27/2017 01:05 AMPosted by Capslock
I support this thread but good luck getting any attention from blizz. :(

They'll read it, Whether or not they want to make the Warlock playerbase happy for next expansion with what we want as a community is a different story.

Who knows maybe the MoP style rework along with our burning embers, dark soul, soulswaps, soulburns and metamorphosis is coming back next expansion.
Giving us basically not control over Lord of the Flames. Making it a 10 min CD. Actually, making this a destro artifact ability at all, when it should be Demo.