So next expansion will we get player housing?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
Why do people keep asking these types of questions as if any Dev answers here or any player would know. Wait at least until Blizzcon and see what they announce for the next xpac.
i think if they did instanced neighborhoods like ffxiv does itd work pretty damn well. and before u try to say ppl will just hang out at their houses or in the neighborhoods that does not happen at all in xiv. i rarely see other players when in the instanced housing neighborhoods. hell i rarely see guildies in our free company house might see like 2-3 ppl there a week if that when i do go to spruce my room up in the house (and theyre only ever afking there for the night anyway for rested xp lol)

i think that xiv is a great example of how housing can work in a mmo. and sure it could use some more fleshing out but its just one of the best systems out there. there are ppl who play the game SOLELY for the housing and i personally think thats pretty great esp since those types of players rly help move the economy in the game/servers

plus adding housing to the game and the ability for crafters to make furniture would honestly bring much needed new life into crafting and into the economy
10/03/2017 05:34 AMPosted by Unholywake
10/03/2017 04:38 AMPosted by Lathander

Yes we did. This is done. It never works in any MMO.

SWTOR, FFXIV and WildStar would like to have a word with you about player housing 'not working on MMO'...

I play SWTOR and it's useless garbage.
10/03/2017 07:49 AMPosted by Lathander

its cool that its not ur bag but some ppl love player housing. it isnt required to have a house at all so i dont think housing hurts anyone. certainly doesnt take away from the rest of the game
10/03/2017 07:49 AMPosted by Lathander
10/03/2017 05:34 AMPosted by Unholywake

SWTOR, FFXIV and WildStar would like to have a word with you about player housing 'not working on MMO'...

It is still the most wanted feature in MMOs. I mean do people still play wow for the epeen gear anymore? We need more mmo features. Gear does not matter.
No. Stop asking.
Odds are slim to never going to happen.
10/03/2017 07:52 AMPosted by Nøøne
No. Stop asking.

Make me.

10/03/2017 07:54 AMPosted by Meritha

And Blizzard wonders why they don't feel like they listen or care. I mean it adds more good things than bad.
10/03/2017 07:56 AMPosted by Myrhia
10/03/2017 07:52 AMPosted by Nøøne
No. Stop asking.

Make me.

10/03/2017 07:54 AMPosted by Meritha

And Blizzard wonders why they don't feel like they listen or care. I mean it adds more good things than bad.

Na, it's clearly a waste of time. That being said WoW isn't just a MMO. It's also a RPG. There'd have to be a reason for us to have player housing. We've had a reason but plebeians such as yourself have decided that Garrisons weren't player housing for some ridiculous reason.
10/03/2017 07:56 AMPosted by Myrhia

Unfortunately, Blizzard is a business and they have to consider how to get the most bang for their buck. If they don't feel adding a feature would be cost-effective, they aren't going to do it.
So many people in this thread whose 1st mmo is clearly wow. They can't fathom things like (real) player housing or legacy servers. Both of which have been successfully implemented in other mmos and both were popular.
10/03/2017 04:14 AMPosted by Carpefurorem
10/03/2017 04:11 AMPosted by Adelphie
We already got player housing in WoD and it sucked. A lot.

That was not player housing. Not even in the same ballpark. That was facebook garbage.

I need more coffee I thought that read "Facebook garage"
10/03/2017 04:32 AMPosted by Adelphie
10/03/2017 04:29 AMPosted by Saeahiga
I wouldn't mind it if they won't force you to do quests or things through it.... if it's optional then no one cares..

But anything related to missions/garrison/tables/class halls IS JUST BAD AND NEED TO GO.. thanks.

Blizzard's not going to implement a new feature that takes that much development time and then let players skip it. If it's added it'll be mandatory and just like the garrisons, because garrisons were Blizzard's version of player housing.

Pet battles...
10/03/2017 08:01 AMPosted by Maxsparkles
So many people in this thread whose 1st mmo is clearly wow. They can't fathom things like (real) player housing or legacy servers. Both of which have been successfully implemented in other mmos and both were popular.

So many people in this thread that think because something is financially viable/profitable in one game then that means it is financially viable/profitable in *all* games.

P.S. I have housing on both FFXIV and SWtOR so your assumption that the only people that think it is not going to happen are those that never played other MMOs is wrong.
10/03/2017 07:59 AMPosted by Nøøne
We've had a reason but plebeians such as yourself have decided that Garrisons weren't player housing for some ridiculous reason.

The pro-housing folks want to be able to move furniture from point A to point B, and marvel at how nice it looks. It's player customization. That's what they're obsessed with. Garrisons give basically none of that.
P.S. I have housing on both FFXIV and SWtOR so your assumption that the only people that think it is not going to happen are those that never played other MMO's is wrong.

Your face is wrong. Like seriously, that lip stick with that dress? Just no.
10/03/2017 08:09 AMPosted by Teranin
10/03/2017 07:59 AMPosted by Nøøne
We've had a reason but plebeians such as yourself have decided that Garrisons weren't player housing for some ridiculous reason.

The pro-housing folks want to be able to move furniture from point A to point B, and marvel at how nice it looks. It's player customization. That's what they're obsessed with. Garrisons give basically none of that.

In ultima online I built a mini fort in a popular location and murdered (PK'd) people, looted their corpses and ran into my house for safety. And unloaded the loot into my chests.

Good times.
10/03/2017 08:10 AMPosted by Maxsparkles
P.S. I have housing on both FFXIV and SWtOR so your assumption that the only people that think it is not going to happen are those that never played other MMO's is wrong.

Because that is relevant. To play along though.... Well, uh... you smell bad!

Am I doing it right?
10/03/2017 08:10 AMPosted by Maxsparkles

Because that is relevant. To play along though.... Well, uh... you smell bad!

Am I doing it right?

Yes. But you'll never diminish my sparkleyness.
10/03/2017 04:32 AMPosted by Adelphie
10/03/2017 04:29 AMPosted by Saeahiga
I wouldn't mind it if they won't force you to do quests or things through it.... if it's optional then no one cares..

But anything related to missions/garrison/tables/class halls IS JUST BAD AND NEED TO GO.. thanks.

Blizzard's not going to implement a new feature that takes that much development time and then let players skip it. If it's added it'll be mandatory and just like the garrisons, because garrisons were Blizzard's version of player housing.

That's not true at all. The transmog system and the overhaul it got for legion was purely cosmetic and 100% optional.