Teldrassil *Spoilers*

Story Forum
1 2 3 5 Next
MMO champion is stating the Horde BURN DOWN Teldrassil!?

In the expansion trailers it shows this happening on the map.

Has anything else been spotted!?
It was confirmed that the Horde burned down Teldrassil during the reveal, which may or may not have caused the attack on undercity.
It sounds like Lordaeron falls as well so the Alliance has finally reclaimed that zone. I guess at least the Horde now has free range on Ashenvale. The warsong will be happy.
The way they're explaining it thus far (been watching since it started), is that it's unclear whether the Horde or Alliance struck first, but the Horde is saying Alliance and the Alliance is saying Horde.
And here we all thought Kosak and Knaak were bad for the night elves. Night elves apparently lose ALL of their territory.

11/03/2017 02:04 PMPosted by Cannibal
The way they're explaining it thus far (been watching since it started), is that it's unclear whether the Horde or Alliance struck first, but the Horde is saying Alliance and the Alliance is saying Horde.

We know who struck first. We saw it in Stormheim.
Hey Kyalin, if you're watching, you willing to beg for Kosak back now?
As a druid, this is very awkward.
11/03/2017 02:02 PMPosted by Daharahj
It was confirmed that the Horde burned down Teldrassil during the reveal, which may or may not have caused the attack on undercity.

I'm hoping there is some really good storytelling coming before the expansion, because right now gameplay and lore seem completely at odds. This whole expansion the factions worked together through the class halls with the faction leaders being mostly forgotten.

I feel like all the druids of the horde would abandon or downright turn on Sylvanas (or whomever made the decision) for burning down a World Tree. I guess it could be someone in the background manipulating things to get the factions at each other's throats again.
I haven’t been able to watch the What’s Next. Just the two trailers.

I’m incredibly crushed right now tho. Is this all going to be represented in game?

It's almost certainly the Alliance attacking Undercity. They said the starter experience starts after the cinematic does. If the Horde don't get to play the retaliatory strike there will be a huge problem.
The way they're explaining it thus far (been watching since it started), is that it's unclear whether the Horde or Alliance struck first,

Horde considers Stormheim an act of war, Alliance does not. Horde retaliates and we get escalation.

(This is my speculation)
its weird seeing people cite stormheim considering the horde attacked first in ashran lmao
BORN TO BURN
WORLD TREE IS A !@#$
KILL EM ALL 2019
I am horde man
410,757,864,530 DEAD NELVES
11/03/2017 02:14 PMPosted by Lienthras
The way they're explaining it thus far (been watching since it started), is that it's unclear whether the Horde or Alliance struck first,

Horde considers Stormheim an act of war, Alliance does not. Horde retaliates and we get escalation.

(This is my speculation)

Humans are dumb if they don't think an assassination attempt constitutes an act of war.
FOR THE HORDE
11/03/2017 02:18 PMPosted by Vaylo
BORN TO BURN
WORLD TREE IS A !@#$
KILL EM ALL 2019
I am horde man
410,757,864,530 DEAD NELVES
I was not expecting a TBFP reference here

The chain of events seems obvious. Genn attacks Sylvanas in Stormheim -> Sylvanas attacks Stormwind in the novel -> Anduin attacks Undercity in the cinematic -> Sylvanas attacks Teldrassil in the other cinematic.

This feels like Cata all over again, especially since Anduin's entire decision to send Genn and Rogers after Sylvanas in the first place was almost certainly motivated by Detheroc controlling SI:7 and spreading information that the Horde supposedly intentionally betrayed the Alliance and was intending to war against them during the Legion invasion.
11/03/2017 02:17 PMPosted by Stalairne
its weird seeing people cite stormheim considering the horde attacked first in ashran lmao

We don't know who attacked first in Ashran, and the conflict was clearly resolved by the start of Legion.
The actual NE homelands are Hyjal and Val'shara. I won't miss Fandral's Old God corruption tree #3.

I do wonder why though. The NEs in general aren't faction war superfans like the Worgen and Humans.
11/03/2017 02:30 PMPosted by Urók
11/03/2017 02:17 PMPosted by Stalairne

We don't know who attacked first in Ashran, and the conflict was clearly resolved by the start of Legion.

Clearly not.