Will Classic Players Play Classic Servers?

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 20 Next
Vanilla was good for it’s time, but there are so many features we may not get and so many hurdles we will have to do again. With the loss of duty finder, transmog, and flying I will not be going.
I will definitely play it. Probably a rogue this time though. All the pain those caused me in vanilla will be avenged on others. Can't wait!
I'll probably have a rogue or hunter alt for casually enjoying a simpler/weirder time in WoW.
I'm very intrigued by it. I'm hoping the chanhes blizzard makes keeps it old school enough but allows at least every spec to be somewhat viable. I'll give my old main warlock a run through at least.
So. Damn. Keen. Im recreating the first character I ever made all those years ago.
nah, not interested in playing in a clown suit

I didn't like how warriors were back then either, in pve you HAVE TO TANK or no group and if you get a weapon whose weapon skill you haven't learnt...oh crap
No charge in combat o_0,seriously??
I am fully ready for the grind again.
11/03/2017 04:22 PMPosted by Bloodbarbie
I will definitely play it. Probably a rogue this time though. All the pain those caused me in vanilla will be avenged on others. Can't wait!

Hrm, your comment makes me realize that with the pvp realm nerf, vanilla will be the only way to actually still get the pvp realm experience... assuming they don't nerf it there too.

I didn't like how warriors were back then either, in pve you HAVE TO TANK or no group and if you get a weapon whose wepaon skill you a haven't learnt...oh crap

LMAO. Warriors were top tier dps even at pre-raid gear.
Yes i will be playing Classic WoW and I can't wait.
I'll be there for sure! No way am I missing the chance to go home again!
11/03/2017 04:24 PMPosted by Snowfox
11/03/2017 04:22 PMPosted by Bloodbarbie

Hrm, your comment makes me realize that with the pvp realm nerf, vanilla will be the only way to actually still get the pvp realm experience... assuming they don't nerf it there too.

World PvP was alive and a ton of fun back then. I was on a PvE realm in the beginning but our server still did a lot of raids on the other factions cities, etc.

The old raids on Tarren Mill. And omg, I just remembered the old honor system! Yes!
11/03/2017 04:01 PMPosted by Skinwälker
If you were here from beginning, come in and tell us if you will checking out the classic server or not. I for one can't wait to see all the old zones that haven't seen in years.

Yes I will. I have waited for about 5 years now. While never making threads or asking Blizz about it. I knew it would come in time and it has. I avoided those pvt servers not out of fear of getting in trouble with Blizz , But just the idea of knowing all my work could be gone in an instant. Now with Blizz having it's own one day that will not be an issue.
Rank7 vanilla player here. Ill be there :) cant wait.
I'll give it a go initially, but i wont spend any real time there. Vanilla was incredible for its time - there was nothing like it then. I LOVED it. But going back to it now, after how far MMOs have come? Its going to reek of all the disappointment of when you run into your high school boyfriend or girlfriend - "the one that got away" in the middle of the grocery store 2 decades later. Some stuff stays sweeter when left in the past.
11/03/2017 04:25 PMPosted by Gauldur

I didn't like how warriors were back then either, in pve you HAVE TO TANK or no group and if you get a weapon whose wepaon skill you a haven't learnt...oh crap

Nah, first question asked was always" Can you tank?? No ?? Bye "
Probably not. I don't have time to play all the MMOs I want to as it is, much less WoW -and- Classic WoW.

Also been there, done that. Might roll something there just for nostalgia value sometime, I dunno.
11/03/2017 04:25 PMPosted by Gauldur

Nah, first question asked was always" Can you tank?? No ?? Bye "

We had a dps warrior in our hardcore raid guild for Naxx. He wore leather armor, pissed off all the rogues, and routinely wrecked everyone else in damage.
11/03/2017 04:01 PMPosted by Skinwälker
If you were here from beginning, come in and tell us if you will checking out the classic server or not. I for one can't wait to see all the old zones that haven't seen in years.

Nope, I will not. A big part of what made Classic fun was the guild and members of that guild I raided & ran dungeons with. Those folks are long gone & won't be coming back. Plus, I do not want to become an innervate bot again for a healer who has poor mana management.
Wow Classic was the best to me and I've been playing on random private servers for years and I'm so Happy to be able to come back home.

Wow Classic was the best era of wow for me and I never liked the new directions that the game took after all those years. They removed many rpg aspect of the games and added some unncessary qql changes that were not needed in my opinions. I missed Vanilla for so many years until I was able to relive it and play it again and I still do because It was the best game alongside Warcraft 1-3 and Diablo 1-2 for me. I cannot say how I am happy now. (I've been waiting since TBC day to be able to play vanilla once again under the banner of blizzard and not some pirate servers, thanks again blizzard, been a supporter since warcraft 2 days, my dream finally comes true)

I will gladly play wow vanilla as I've been doing for years on different private servers. I'm so happy to be back home and Blizzard bringing back the best version of the game for me at least.

People who did not play vanilla back then will be able to enjoy the game how it was and people who played back then will be able to relive the old days and enjoy the game once more.

Thanks again Blizzard you just made a long time fan happy and you restored my faith in you.