Alliance wanted them!

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8
11/04/2017 10:11 PMPosted by Catralonne
I would have expected them to remain neutral because both sides helped free them from the legion.

And what happens to my exalted rep on multiple toons? Does it now go to hostile? What was the point of grinding it again?
Reputation is with the Nightfallen not the Nightborne though?
11/06/2017 05:46 AMPosted by Valkeres
Nightborne going to the Horde gives me another race that I would actually play on that side.

Rather than the Nightborne going to the Horde side surprising me (it didn't), I was more surprised that subraces, sorry allied races, actually turned out to be a thing that they're doing.

Honestly I'm just surprised a race from a previous expansion isn't just being forgotten and left there
Maybe the Alliance should stop treating other races/cultures with hatred and distrust if they want them to join their cause?

Almost every race that has joined the Horde after its founding has done so as a result of the racism, bigotry, or prejudice of the Alliance towards that race in the past.

Examples:

- Forsaken rejected and actively hunted by their former Human allies.
- Blood Elves discriminated against and persecuted despite all of their efforts to aid the Alliance.
- Pandaren I know almost nothing about, but I'm sure Alliance offended them somehow at some point.
- Nightborne were treated with extreme disdain by Tyrande, "More of them alive means less Night Elves dead" was her reason for helping them.

We did sort of, you know, crash the jade dragon that they'd been building for hundreds of years...

Horde was in on that too, but both were to blame.
11/04/2017 10:15 PMPosted by Sanctîfied
Let em have them. And the goofy looking cows.
That'll give the Horde two substance addicted races (Blood Elves and Nightborn), and two udderly useless species of bovines.

Easy there pig skin.
11/04/2017 10:21 PMPosted by Wolfsoñg
Please don't associate your thoughts with the rest of us

Do some people even think before they type?
11/04/2017 10:12 PMPosted by Fiznazzle
11/04/2017 10:07 PMPosted by Mortursula
Before the big news at Blizzcon who would have thought that Nightborne would go to join the Horde?

Anyone who actually pays attention in game.

Blizzard's story in game, hasn't exactly been worth paying attention to now for several expansions.
Before the big news at Blizzcon who would have thought that Nightborne would go to join the Horde?

I think that surprised to the whole community.

And for me this is what hit the most to the Alliance community.

Losing the Nightborne is a real pain. It hursts and bleeds in the Alliance hearts.

Ummm if you paid attention to the story line on the exodar you would not have been surprised.
I like how the new race announcements now make Legion a much more balanced expansion.

Before everyone was like "All the zones are Alliance except Highmountain and they're neutral!"

Now 2/5 zones are Horde centric, where you go in and help Horde races get their problems figured out. Of the other three, only one is really Alliance centric (Val'sharah) and the other two are helping ghosts and dragons and vrykul which are all basically neutral.

Argus essentially is Alliance now that the Lightforged are joining the blue side. So it's actually quite even if you count Argus as the sixth zone.
Yeah I'm sad. I know a lot of people that want to go horde just to have a nightborne.
11/04/2017 10:11 PMPosted by Shyeer
To be fair, it was implied in the.... whatever the hell the new draenei ship is called
The Vindi-shiip! (Vindicaar)
[quote="207576134947"]

- Pandaren I know almost nothing about, but I'm sure Alliance offended them somehow at some point. [quote]

A horde leader nuked the Pandaren's most sacred piece of land with sha/old god magic, forever destroying it. That trumps any damage Alliance has done, I would think.
11/04/2017 10:09 PMPosted by Flaymmane

*raises hand*

They were pushing the nightborne horde-side the entire suramar questing experience.

It hursts and bleeds in the Alliance hearts.

Nah its fine, we're retaking lordaeron, and high elves (albiet void purple-y).

Actually they stated Void Elves are actually Blood Elves who were exiled for dabbling in the void.
I wasn't surprised at all. It was fairly obvious throughout the questline in Suramar and if that wasn't enough, the conversation on the Vindicaar basically goes like "Hey you guys are basically purple Blood Elves now" "hmmm... yeah. I guess we are. Please teach me about your Well Addiction Recovery Program"
11/04/2017 10:09 PMPosted by Caduceus
Maybe the Alliance should stop treating other races/cultures with hatred and distrust if they want them to join their cause?

Almost every race that has joined the Horde after its founding has done so as a result of the racism, bigotry, or prejudice of the Alliance towards that race in the past.

Examples:

- Forsaken rejected and actively hunted by their former Human allies.
- Blood Elves discriminated against and persecuted despite all of their efforts to aid the Alliance.
- Pandaren I know almost nothing about, but I'm sure Alliance offended them somehow at some point.
- Nightborne were treated with extreme disdain by Tyrande, "More of them alive means less Night Elves dead" was her reason for helping them.

Don't forget the Alliance attacking Goblins and their ship, leaving us for dead.
11/06/2017 08:21 AMPosted by Medeoan
11/04/2017 10:12 PMPosted by Fiznazzle

Anyone who actually pays attention in game.

Blizzard's story in game, hasn't exactly been worth paying attention to now for several expansions.

If you don't pay attention to the story presented in the game, then you really have no right to complain when you don't understand the story decisions made by the characters and races.

If you pay attention, and still don't understand, that's a different discussion to be having entirely.
11/04/2017 10:16 PMPosted by Brahmina
11/04/2017 10:10 PMPosted by Ahnnastasia
People dislike it only for the fact that they go to the faction with the dumpy looking architecture.
To be fair, Belf architecture isn't what I'd call "dumpy".
Tell me how often are belf buildings the focus of horde settlements?