World of Elfcraft

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
Four years have passed since the mortal Elves banded together and stood united against the might of the Burning Elf Legion. Though Elfzeroth was saved, the tenuous pact between the Elf Horde and the United Alliance of elves has all but evaporated. The drums of Elves thunder once again.
Not enough shelves for all these Elves.
I could try to exterminate the pink ones with the glowy green eyes, but - well, they are crafty things, and for a species that's all female they seem to multiply really fast. I mean, are they like aphids, born pregnant, or something?
Horde has a elf problem. Most of our players are elves and our Warchief is a dead elf. This isn't right!
10/07/2017 09:05 AMPosted by Lucius
WoW has an elf problem.

Namely, there are too damn many of them.

In the Alliance, it's bad, but it's not that bad. Night elves are about as common as humans. (Humans!) But no other Alliance race even comes close. Laughably, there is only about 1 worgen druid for every 3 night elf druids.

Horde side has it the worst. Blood elves account for about 1 out of every 3 characters in the Horde. At max level the elf contagion grows, as blood elves become literally 2 out of every 5 characters in the Horde.

Finally, as if there were not enough elves already, there is now a hero class - demon hunter - that is only playable by elves. And it is currently, at max level, the #1 most commonly played class in the entire game.

So, it is abundantly clear that WoW has an elf problem.

Personally, I would really like to see a hero class (or two or three) that is playable by every race on Azeroth EXCEPT elves. I'm not sure what such a class would be, but I'll take anything.

technically elfs camed from the trolls and since the trolls have the same problem as well... i can say is purely trolls fault
You don't have to play as an elf, so why complain about what other people play and have a right to play? It's not like elves are ruining gameplay or your experience just because you don't like their race. For example, I don't like gnomes, but I'm not going to say they're ruining the game or their shouldn't be anymore.

To be honest, I do agree with you on some level. I would have been perfectly happy with just forsaken elves, but doubt we'll get them now because of two new types of elves. Or maybe we will as allied races share skeletons with already existing races.
No one wants to be worgen because they're fugly and are in desperate need of a facelift. They're about 8 year old models. C'mon.
10/07/2017 07:18 PMPosted by Borisdablade
The Belf's and Nelf's get to continue prancing around and the horde and alliance get to kill them for canon!

Prancing?

Boy howdy, are you night elfing wrong.
United elf empire
I agree. I want to play a Demon Hunter but really don't want to play a belf. Waiting for Tauren Demon Hunters!
I hardly notice elves anymore. They're just not very interesting.

They don't even greet me with the custom toosh tickle with their noses.
12/04/2017 08:04 PMPosted by Belakiss
Horde has a elf problem. Most of our players are elves and our Warchief is a dead elf. This isn't right!

I voted Saurfang as Warchief :(
12/04/2017 10:09 PMPosted by Dreadmoon
12/04/2017 08:04 PMPosted by Belakiss

I voted Saurfang as Warchief :(
I would vote for Saurfang for Warchief too. He would force Blizzard to remove the factions and Blizzard would be too scared of him and respectful of him to say no.

Then he would set all the nonsense writing with every other plot protected NPC straight and we could all get on with revamping pvp into something both fun and meaningful for once. We could also get on with kicking the ever loving crap out of the Void Lords as well.
12/04/2017 08:27 PMPosted by Balesong
You don't have to play as an elf, so why complain about what other people play and have a right to play? It's not like elves are ruining gameplay or your experience just because you don't like their race. For example, I don't like gnomes, but I'm not going to say they're ruining the game or their shouldn't be anymore.

To be honest, I do agree with you on some level. I would have been perfectly happy with just forsaken elves, but doubt we'll get them now because of two new types of elves. Or maybe we will as allied races share skeletons with already existing races.
People are just making jokes and having fun. Don't take these forums too seriously or it'll give you a headache.
We need to build a wall. Soo high that no elf can climb over it.
Actually it's a flea problem, all these Worgen running around... Shame, shame.

I Never see flea collars.

It's called "buckle up," and they just don't listen. /sigh
10/07/2017 09:10 AMPosted by Pryde
Yeah, I am just as excited for playable High Elves in the next expansion, OP!

me too
No sure if this as been said yet bu . . .

Elder Scrolls

Tha be all
10/07/2017 09:11 AMPosted by Anmaal
Oh no, a fantasy game where people play Elves, a race that has been a major part of almost every fantasy story ever told. I can't stand when people do things like that! ...oh wait, it's only Saturday, I'll re-post tomorrow.
Yeah but four elf races are kinda pushing it when we have so many cooler races that couldv'e been pushed.
10/07/2017 09:33 AMPosted by Sigrún
We just went through an expansion of orcs. Orcs of Orcraft: Orclords of Draenor. Time-traveling orcs. Orcs of every different color. Orcs trying to go green because their original color wasn't good enough. Orcs on the land. Orcs on the sea. (Not orcs in the air, because reasons.) All of them orcing around because the big bad orc boss we killed in the expansion before wasn't actually killed (because reasons).

Some of the orcs were friendly, most orcs were hostile, and some orcs switched between hostile and friendly for reasons only an orc could explain (if orcs were capable of explaining anything; don't eat rocks, kids). The orcs were so prevalent that even their stone-age design choices got into other races' things. Did you see draenei weapons and armor in Draenor? For being such an advanced civilization, most of their gear was built by orcs.

Now the pendulum has swung the other direction, and since Blizzard doesn't know how to keep a pendulum in the middle, I'd rather it stay here. The alternative is more orcs, and I'm orced out.

Sounds like something an orc would say ;)