Time Walking Raids Need The LFR Function

General Discussion
The molten core raid worked great (more or less) back in WoD, it was run through LFR so if you lost some people you'd be able to get more fairly easy without having to start the 3-4-5-6 hour raid depending on from scratch, the timewalking black temple, about half way, we had a wipe, couple of dc's and the raid start to break up, we couldn't get more as couldn't list the group, then eventually disband... 2ish hours, gone, apparently people say the leader has the lock out but that doesn't help the 20ish others who obviously do not... anyone got any ideas or is this just a really annoying mechanic of not being able to get more to group, really annoying
They should make it work like any normal or heroic raid's lockout. No thanks for LFR style anything.
I did black temple last time it was up, and unless it was nerfed into the ground lfr bt would be a nightmare for most groups. Bosses with enormous aggro range and trash that has actual mechanics, and I'd be willing to bet on a <10% completion rate,blizz would seriously have to offer me 40-50k gold worth of goodies before I even considered queueing for it.
Just go to the group finder. I don't know why this is so hard for people.
10/17/2017 10:44 PMPosted by Tullock
I did black temple last time it was up, and unless it was nerfed into the ground lfr bt would be a nightmare for most groups. Bosses with enormous aggro range and trash that has actual mechanics, and I'd be willing to bet on a <10% completion rate,blizz would seriously have to offer me 40-50k gold worth of goodies before I even considered queueing for it.

This; there is no way that blizzard could afford mid expac to nerf these raids to the point that would be required to allow LFR to complete them.

Its better and less toxic to simply form a real group, and do these raids in their current form than it is to "LFR" them.

A fine example of this was watching a friend of mine who recently started playing WoW in MoP. He was doing the MC event with his Mythic guild, and several pugs. They were getting straight trucked by Lucy, and I could not help but laugh because supposedly old WoW content was all "EZ mode" and every one was bad back then.

Fact of the matter is, sure some players were bad, some players were average, and some were spectacular just like now. Difference is, most of the spectacular and even a high % of the average players have left WoW because of its direction trending toward true EZ mode,,,, but this is not on the side of boss mechanics, its on the side of class mechanics.
10/17/2017 10:30 PMPosted by Shosen
The molten core raid worked great (more or less) back in WoD, it was run through LFR so if you lost some people you'd be able to get more fairly easy without having to start the 3-4-5-6 hour raid depending on from scratch, the timewalking black temple, about half way, we had a wipe, couple of dc's and the raid start to break up, we couldn't get more as couldn't list the group, then eventually disband... 2ish hours, gone, apparently people say the leader has the lock out but that doesn't help the 20ish others who obviously do not... anyone got any ideas or is this just a really annoying mechanic of not being able to get more to group, really annoying

You have to consider the design of the raid back during the day. They've already done what they can to make it appeal to a more casual audience. The player base simply doesn't have the skill they had back then.
The molten core raid worked great

/facepalm

Just fix the lockout issues and it will be fine.
I agree, I was under the impression it was gonna have the lfr function but nope. I was a little upset and disappointed. No sense in it now. If that's how they are gonna handle timewalking raids in the futre don't even bother. LFR is a huge success story and they do this. Astonishing. Of course I can say it is better than nothing, but now I'm starting to see the laziness in the concept they spewed out handling this timewalk raid business.
The molten core raid worked great (more or less) back in WoD

You really think it worked great? I lost count of how many groups I joined just trying to kill the core hounds that never stopped respawning.
10/17/2017 11:37 PMPosted by Ågata
You can make your own group if you feel sooo disgusted over the idea of being randomly matched with random people through LFR.

Thing is, with no LFR option, everyone is forced to go your way.

Or the playerbase can stop being lazy, waiting for an automated system to group players together, and just pop into a group that's clearing it.
Group finder is an amazing and useful tool. I dont get why people refuse to use it and insist on auto-queues.

Here's a thought, Einstein.

You are not forced to queue with random people.

You can make your own group if you feel sooo disgusted over the idea of being randomly matched with random people through LFR.

But let's be honest, the entire reason is that, if it were LFR, they would have to add a flexible lockout system, which is way better than the trash they're using for BT.

Why would LFR Black Temple need a flexible lockout system when you would never kill the first boss?
10/17/2017 11:41 PMPosted by Klargus
Group finder is an amazing and useful tool. I dont get why people refuse to use it and insist on auto-queues.
For me its because of people asking for a IL that exceeds what drops in the raid which makes no sense, forced to use addons which I don't use and voice communication which I don't really think is necessary in most cases (would consider it but don't bother) Then they ask for special achieves or a progress report on your raid history, just not worth it and not fun to me. I could start making my own groups but really don't have the time for it most of the time. Also to me getting the top tier gear is not really that important to me and I consider it a waste of time when it all gets replaced next expansion anyways by greens. For most people I guess its a fun timesink though.

I would just like to see the content that I was locked out of before because of elitist raider tudes. I'm just an average guy looking for average entertainment I'm not gonna get all serious about my toon by all means.... means nothing. Also elitist raider attitudes kinda make me puke a little in my mouth, kinda makes me feel I'm visiting a daycare and kids are crying that they need someone to clean up the poop they drop every hour. Avoiding these people are high in priority to me.... unless I'm killing them in pvp.
"Timewalking". There was no LFR back in TBC. It isn't hard also to form a group using the Premade Group Finder function or joining one.
10/17/2017 10:36 PMPosted by Verbatim
They should make it work like any normal or heroic raid's lockout. No thanks for LFR style anything.

You mean, they should fix the lockout so a group that finishes up to Illidan can go back and kill him the next day? Because that's not possible now.
TW BT is a pile of hot trash garbage right now.

Tried two groups who just hit auto accept so we ended up with 6 tanks 2 healers and the rest dps. No one even thought to consider mechanics and were surprised when we wiped because all the tanks were fighting for control, everyone stood in crap, and the other healer peaced out mid fight.

Second group had 4 tanks and 3 heals and dissolved much the same way.

Then joined third group advertising "on illidan". Only to discover that what he really meant was we had to kill half the bosses still and then illidan. Lol. Can't believe we got it down.

DH transmog for my apt I don't play procured I shall never go back again.
I'm just wondering if they fixed the lockout issues. My sister got into a pug earlier that ended up failing and not completing the instance. Is she screwed for the rest of the week?
They need to make these timewalking events with a LFR function if not it is fail and don't bother. Telling people they will fail because of mechanics is a useless argument because everyone will learn it eventually and teach or tell others in LFR... plus they have that book feature that explains dynamics.
10/17/2017 11:41 PMPosted by Jalën
10/17/2017 11:37 PMPosted by Ågata

Or the playerbase can stop being lazy, waiting for an automated system to group players together, and just pop into a group that's clearing it.

Same could be said about pro flyers for example... being lazy, waiting for flying for a easy way to farm stuff, and just pop from node to node avoiding any timegating mobs. It's really more of a way to avoid elitist raider attitudes.