Old style hunter pets and training?

Classic Discussion
I really hope they do. The Hunter in me loves the diversity. The Warlock in me loves either protecting a Horde Hunter taming a rare pet or killing it so Alliance Hunters couldn't. This also usually led to killing the Alliance Hunter as a bonus.

Ahh, such good times are heading our way.
11/12/2017 11:58 PMPosted by Shaie
I just look forward to taming an elite pet because when someone hovers over your pet's portrait it will say "Elite". They had improved skills over the regular pets, if I recall correctly & they were harder to tame. I will always remember the sense of pride I had when I tamed my first one & how very disappointed I felt when Blizz did away with that.

They were harder to tame because you had an elite mob beating the stuffing out of you while you hoped it didnt interrupt tame, and that tame finished before your health bar reached zero. Early on they kept their elite stats. But it didn't take me long to realize that was going to be nerfed. As hilarious as it was to watch 2 players team up on my elite raptor in a BG and watch the pet kill 1 or both with little to no help from the me, that could not be allowed to stand long term. I can almost guarantee you elite pets won't keep their elite stats.

But I think that's as far as they should go with normalizing and homogenizing them. I liked the fact that certain pets stood out from the pack, and that taming one or the other wasn't just a cosmetic difference.
08/31/2018 07:46 AMPosted by Brockthorn
You only had 3 stable slots as well. You had to stable your pet so you could go tame another pet to learn the various ranks of skills.

Turned out that when you got one of everything and every color of each, they were all a lot less special.
Patch 1.9 normalized all pets.

If we get the full 1.12 with everything opened then all those special pets won't be special any more.

If they do like pservers...1.12 and content releases over time then those special pets will be special until they release 1.9.

Northdale is 1.12 client but content is only at 1.3 so those pets have their special abilities.
everyone will get same pet. 0 diversity, no choice, you must get Lupos or whatever that toothfairy one was.

i hope they do away with uniqueness that makes few pets the only option forced on all.
11/12/2017 05:43 PMPosted by Spiritbow

8. 15% of your stats are given to your pet - Attack power, Stamina, Resistance,
Armor, ect. so don't prejudge your pet when your wearing greens/blues
once you get purples your pet will be awesome.

This one is wrong. IIRC pet scaling with YOUR stats didn't come until a later expansion. Not vanilla.
Variable attack speeds weren't too big a deal. I'm pro keeping that.

Shadow damage Lupos might need to change...

Super speed frost wolf and others might need to stay with the nerfed speeds.

At least one critter had custom summoning animation. That should stay too!
11/12/2017 05:43 PMPosted by Spiritbow
8. 15% of your stats are given to your pet - Attack power, Stamina, Resistance,
Armor, ect. so don't prejudge your pet when your wearing greens/blues
once you get purples your pet will be awesome.

That was in BC, pet stats didn't scale in vanilla.