Simcraft DPS for Antorus

General Discussion
700k ahead? You actually think that matters?

If you’re a good rogue then you’ll perform perfectly fine.
Simcraft is a terrible representation of reality -- it's best for telling you what gear you should equip and that's about it.
Simcraft and all these DPS rankings are absolutely irrelevant, unless you are pushing mythic world firsts on raids. They make a good reference, however, to see what probably needs tweaking but the numbers here are a 700k difference and not nearly as bad as people are thinking.
Simcraft should be taken with a grain of salt, but rogues are going to need some help in T21 due to poor scaling.
I'm glad to still be Fury after all this time.

That said I'm not pleased with the fact that sim was done with a 905 Convergence.

Also I didn't pay attention to this but how long is execute time in the sim?

They are running Soul of the Battlelord which means they are using Massacre and it is absolutely ridiculous if the execute phase lasts a long time.

Example: Massacre with Angry Hat in EN heroic gear I was doing 800k+ on the last boss of Eye of Azshara when 300k was a normal average DPS.
11/16/2017 01:13 PMPosted by Melaroi
I'm glad to still be Fury after all this time.

That said I'm not pleased with the fact that sim was done with a 905 Convergence.

While I hope for you fury does end out to be great, don't be surprised if it falls short, as the initial sims for ToS put fury at the second best, but when it comes to logs they are practically dead last.
11/16/2017 07:57 AMPosted by Keltas
Also the DH has the helm because of the set bonus being eye beam related

But the helm's not going to be a big deal outside of 3+ targets being consistently available?

Besides, as long as Rogues have Feint and CoS in their kit, they'll be taken anyway.
Wouldn't it be better to wait for Antorus to come out and get some real numbers to check before demanding buffs/nerfs based on sims?
11/17/2017 01:12 PMPosted by Infernastorm
Wouldn't it be better to wait for Antorus to come out and get some real numbers to check before demanding buffs/nerfs based on sims?

This is the forum. If someone build a fake sim of what the DPS ranking will be in the 3rd raid tier of the next x-pac, you'd still get people arguing for buffs/nerfs.
Simcraft almost never accurately predicts dps rankings for a whole raid tier. There are just far too many variables, and very few fights are single target with little movement/mechanics.

Also there is usually a tuning pass before mythic opens, so wait until the logs go up before you abandon all hope.
11/16/2017 12:43 PMPosted by Craith
Simcraft and all these DPS rankings are absolutely irrelevant, unless you are pushing mythic world firsts on raids. They make a good reference, however, to see what probably needs tweaking but the numbers here are a 700k difference and not nearly as bad as people are thinking.

It's actually even less relevant there because there's no such thing as optimal conditions in a mythic setting.
To sum up: We have a tool that is misunderstood generating a chart that is misunderstood representing a task that is misunderstood. This general lack of understanding leads to violent discourse initiating frequent appeals to have the chart terminated with extreme prejudice.

This begs the question: Why oh why does SimC publish this data!!!???

The purpose of the spec ranking chart is to provoke a reaction, preferably a really really angry reaction. I want the viewer angry enough to pore through our voluminous data and say: "Hah! You messed up cooldown X!" or "You moron! Your action list is all wrong! You need to use ability Y instead!" I welcome the bile, the (creative) cursing, the ranting and raving, because usually there is kernel of useful information that I can extract to improve our models.
Another poster above linked this but I'll quote it here to further highlight why staring at any chart from there is meaningless.
Anyone speced into Spriest might as well change specs as soon as they get wind that this is my new main, the dps numbers will be nerfed as they pick on me all the time.

First I mained a VDH and brought fear in the minds of the citizens of Orgrimmar on a daily basics. See what they did after that, buffed everyone else to take 40% less dmg.

Now watch as Shadow loses the 2nd Spot on release.