Why is retail an insult?

Classic Discussion
I played the game ever since 1.8. I loved this game so much and it has shaped my life for the better. Some changes I don’t like and somethings I miss. But I still play.

I’ve read nearly all the books for the lore and love the characters. But why am I being insulted?

I loved legion when it came out. Now I’m a little bored of it. But why is that bad? Why is it bad to be a world of Warcraft player?

What is so wrong with supporting a game for many years because you like the characters and the adventures it provides?
Who said it was bad? Who is insulting you? Many people are suggesting changes that are already in Legion, and would disrupt Classic, and so people are saying to go play Legion if you want them. It's not an insult.
11/15/2017 01:08 PMPosted by Visaenya
Who said it was bad? Who is insulting you? Many people are suggesting changes that are already in Legion, and would disrupt Classic, and so people are saying to go play Legion if you want them. It's not an insult.

“Retail” is being turned into an insult in an attempt in make someone’s opinion invalid. It needs to stop.
it is very dumb as soon as i see any thing with retail player insult in it i just stop reading
because i already know how that talk is going to end lol
11/15/2017 01:11 PMPosted by Belandvia
11/15/2017 01:08 PMPosted by Visaenya

“Retail” is being turned into an insult in an attempt in make someone’s opinion invalid. It needs to stop.

its not an insult its a statement of fact the changes being asked for are in legion and we don't want changes in classic from what vanilla was.
(From what I've seen) nobody is wholesale insulting retail players. I am a retail player. I've played since patch 1.6 and own every expansion.

When people complain about "retail players" they primarily referring to current subscribers that aren't so much interested in a Vanilla reproduction as they are a "lite" version of modern WoW wrapped around Vanilla content.
11/15/2017 01:07 PMPosted by Belandvia
I played the game ever since 1.8. I loved this game so much and it has shaped my life for the better. Some changes I don’t like and somethings I miss. But I still play.

I’ve read nearly all the books for the lore and love the characters. But why am I being insulted?

I loved legion when it came out. Now I’m a little bored of it. But why is that bad? Why is it bad to be a world of Warcraft player?

What is so wrong with supporting a game for many years because you like the characters and the adventures it provides?

There is nothing wrong with doing something you like to do brother!

The only issue people have is, many of us were happily playing WOW as it was then. Then, suddenly with the massive population of TBC and Activision (who's worse EA or Activ?) acquiring Blizzard (the death sentence), Wow became a shadow of its former self, a shell catering to a brand new audience.

Essentially, the game changed so much, that Legion, MOP, Cata, WOD are so much different to (beginning-mid)Wrath, TBC or Vanilla, that you could call them a different game.

They took the game and completely have changed everything that used to be. There is not 1 feature that remains true to it's core, other than having a tank, dps and healer.
It's an insult by Blizz to vanilla players.
Insults are perceived. Both retail and purist are being thrown around as insults by the people who don't agree with that position. The problem is that there's a strong contingent of trolls who are just here to stir the pot and so it does not matter which side of the issue you are on, there is someone who's main interest in being here and posting is insulting you. They're feeding the fire and some of the zealous are adopting their terminology because it is handy.