World of Warcraft: Yawn of Meh.

General Discussion
The conflict between the Horde and Alliance has always been the weakest, least interesting part of the lore.

Now they're doing a whole expansion based exclusively on it.

Legion just might be the last expansion I'll ever buy.
though i agree that "battle for azeroth" is pretty, uh, stupid, yea, i said that blues, get mad at me, its called WARcraft still, but still the name is kinda like unnecessary at all since the game is called WARcraft afterall , I forgot the word to use, yeah, shame
We're making an entire expansion about faction war!!!!

(Oh btw we're removing forced flag on PvP servers at the same time lol)
11/03/2017 04:11 PMPosted by Bull

haha

Oh you were serious

BAHAHAHA
Don't worry about it, the conflict ends with this xpac. Alliance will win, Horde gets enslaved, Horde PCs get to join the Alliance as enslaved soldiers.
11/03/2017 04:11 PMPosted by Bull

I don't know about ever, but I have to admit, at no point was I like "plz Blizz just take my money" like I was for Mists, or Warlords (boy that was a mistake, but it was hype central), or Legion.

I'll probably come around eventually... maybe.
I agree, give us big bad#9214901 to unite against.
That's always been a lame excuse for perpetuating the racial war. How many times have the races united in WAR against a common foe? That means it's still WARcraft even without the contrived excuses for racial conflict.

Legion's contrivance was the height of stupidity, could be resolved with a two minute conversation.
Damn can we even see a beta before we start judging the whole damn thing? People need to chill out we have very little idea of how it'll be.
It will depend more on gameplay than actual content for me. They need add more complexity to the classes again.
Garrosh starts war for the horde: what a meanie-poo

Sylv starts war for herself after making a literal deal with the devil and attacking our allies against the legion: great warchief.
this is the premise of how mop was. focus on the war but on pandaria, same thing here but the scales have raised.
11/03/2017 04:22 PMPosted by Skymane
this is the premise of how mop was. focus on the war but on pandaria, same thing here but the scales have raised.

And it's why Mists was the weakest expansion. Till the next one.
11/03/2017 04:21 PMPosted by Yyöp
Damn can we even see a beta before we start judging the whole damn thing? People need to chill out we have very little idea of how it'll be.

I'd agree if people were complaining about details but this is the entire premise of the expansion that's being discussed lol
The conflict between the Horde and Alliance has always been the weakest, least interesting part of the lore,if you don't read or care about quest text

FTFY
I am feeling pretty meh tending towards passing on it myself.

I will wait and see what comes out of beta before deciding.
I mean it's not horrible, but the faction war storyline sucks because we know how it ends. Nothing actually changes with it because neither side can ever actually win or lose.
It's what Warcraft is all about.
well they mention azshara at the end, so yeah, one good thing at least