Why are artifacts being removed?

General Discussion
i like artifacts too, i hate the weapon and gear chase . I like my artifact I dont think ill give mine up.
11/04/2017 06:12 PMPosted by Farscape
11/04/2017 05:51 PMPosted by Fernandflail
I miss using different weapon types. Give me a break with artifact trash.

Pretty sure the new necklaces will work just like the weapons in legion. So...have fun with your grinds and reskinned races all lmao

Was that supposed to be a burn ?

Lol a necklace ? Last of the things Ill worry about.

And reskinned races ? YES PLEASE GIMME

11/04/2017 07:09 PMPosted by Nazguel
i like artifacts too, i hate the weapon and gear chase . I like my artifact I dont think ill give mine up.

Do you really think youll have a choice lol
If it involves some quest then maybe you can avoid it. Unless of course that quest gates entry into the entire next xpac.
It is gonna suck cause now instead of an awesome weapon I will be stuck with a piece of crap while waiting for RNG to hand me another.

No thanks having Titanstrike was fun it let me have a second pet plus I didn't have to wait for some piece of crap green with so called better level to drop.
11/04/2017 07:12 PMPosted by Fernandflail
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Pretty sure the new necklaces will work just like the weapons in legion. So...have fun with your grinds and reskinned races all lmao

Was that supposed to be a burn ?

Lol a necklace ? Last of the things Ill worry about.

And reskinned races ? YES PLEASE GIMME

11/04/2017 07:09 PMPosted by Nazguel

Do you really think youll have a choice lol
yes I can stop moving foward with this toon
Didnt they say they're going to be turned into the heart of azeroth or something? either way there will be some in game reason for it.
Because the entire artifact system sucks.
Someone else might need Ashbringer for whatever reason. Paladins will no longer be Highlord and they will give it to the new Highlord.

Using them to seal Sargeras makes no sense... they are swords/weapons. How the hell are they supposed to seal a Titan.

Not saying blizzard wouldn't do it, but that would be crappy contrived story telling.
11/04/2017 07:03 PMPosted by Skymane
they said we are getting a good send off when we get rid of them,and considering we are getting the heart of azeroth "artifact" neck,its most likely going to be trading in our weapons to magni, for the neck. but that's just a wild guess here

Have we ever had to physically hand over our weapons before? I at least want to keep mine in void storage.
11/04/2017 06:05 PMPosted by Dexxter
My guess is that they will be sacrificed in order to power the prison for Sargeras that Illidan wil be charged to watch over for all time.

Mechanically, we'll still have them.
They'll probably just do what they've done the last few expansions where the "Legendary" stops working once you hit 111 and just becomes a stat stick.
This is why artifacts were a mistake. Too many are very important lore weapons that should never be in player hands.
11/04/2017 05:49 PMPosted by Orcslayer
What's wrong OP? Don't you want to replace Ashbringer with a green Ax of the Bear?

LMAO!!!
11/04/2017 05:48 PMPosted by Ukuleleninja
We supposedly had the GREATEST weapons.

Random orc rock on a stick? Greatest weapon? Ha.
it will be so annoying to add another thing to worry on the RNG fest.. weapons again...
easy come easy go
Why?

Blizzard, I need you to understand this is too much to be removed.
We supposedly had the GREATEST weapons. But it just gets thrown away.

They give you an amazing artifact of "legend" or whatever. Then they remove it and give you a green weapon.
Why can't we continue with the relic system? We get more higher item level relics, and BOOM! Everyone is happy right? I'm not insane that I can't live without my artifact... it's just too big of a deal to be even removed. Blizzard has added something in the game that would make NO sense to be removed. It's almost like removing all the races and classes added after Classic to me.

I'm sorry if this sounds confusing, I'm just REALLY confused about the situation. What's THEIR excuse??? My GUESS is that they'll say that the artifact's power is now "inside" of me. Just like everything else.

Now EXCUSE me while I scavenge throughout the Overview for any SIGNS of artifacts..

Life, the ever changing thing people try to escape from so they play wow.. to face.. dun dun DUN life.. things change people move on , velfs are a thing, flying will have to be earned, no donkey mount for me again probably... meh it happens
If they remove them how will we be able to farm for the sweet appearances after legion xpac. will we get all the appearances we unlocked? and what if we do get the other appearances that we couldnt unlock before the new Xpac we wont be able to do anything because they took our artifact away. also are they going to overhaul all the rewards from the world quests cuz getting artifact power will be pointless if we have no artifact. imo they should just let us keep the artifact, allow us to mog our new weapons if we wish to the artifact appearance we want. and do what they did with old set items and deactivate them so they will be useless as weapons in the new xpac. cuz im not going to lvl my pally n dk cuz i wana keep the bad !@# ashbringer and frostmorne sharded swords :x but thats me.
12/04/2017 06:45 PMPosted by Aricia
If they remove them how will we be able to farm for the sweet appearances after legion xpac. will we get all the appearances we unlocked? and what if we do get the other appearances that we couldnt unlock before the new Xpac we wont be able to do anything because they took our artifact away. also are they going to overhaul all the rewards from the world quests cuz getting artifact power will be pointless if we have no artifact. imo they should just let us keep the artifact, allow us to mog our new weapons if we wish to the artifact appearance we want. and do what they did with old set items and deactivate them so they will be useless as weapons in the new xpac. cuz im not going to lvl my pally n dk cuz i wana keep the bad !@# ashbringer and frostmorne sharded swords :x but thats me.

Most of the appearances will still be available in BfA. And datamining indicates that the artifacts aren't simply becoming obsolete, as all weapons and gear always do when a new expansion comes along; we're basically sacrificing them to cleanse the corruption from Azeroth's wound.
Why?

https://youtu.be/sluHwh3hJhI
Although I want to be retire the Artifacts next expansion, i do want to hold on to them. Let us bank them