Nightborne should be neutral race

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
Tyrande called them mana addicts. Tyrande does not care for the nightborne at all. She only helped to save Suramar, her home. Tyrande would not be able to relate to the struggles of the nightborne like Liadrin and the blood elves would be able to.

If they joined the alliance, it would be awkward, especially considering the highborne were kicked out for relying on magic, exactly like the Nightborne were doing.

Blood elves have gone through the exact same struggles at the Nightborne to a T. The blood elves would have more to offer the Nightborne than the night elves would. That's all there is to it.
Personally i feel like the allied races should be unlocked for whatever faction you unlock them on. it seems incredibly stupid that after you as an alliance player has done so much work literally saving the highmountain tauren and nightborne from utter annihilation that they not only turn their backs on you but are now actively trying to kill you all the while KNOWING that without your help the would have gone extinct.

--Edit line--

But seeing as that won't happen, i'd at least love for them to show why both of these races betray the alliance player that saved them more-so than why they join the horde
11/06/2017 01:33 PMPosted by Lunnaya
I mean the Alliance has helped them just as equally as the Horde.

Now they turn their backs and only join the Horde.

Well that work was for nothing.
This argument again. Firstly the Tauren have always sided with the Horde, and just have more in common with us,especially with Orc's. Both being a people who practice shamanism, and come from tribal societies. The Lightforged Draenei by your logic should also be neutral than right? The Horde without a doubt helped the Army of The Light as well. But, we aren't getting them, and that's fine. Topic after topic from Alliance crying about what allied races they are getting. You don't see this from the Horde players. First, you cried over High Elves for 10 years, now you're getting High Elves, and you're crying over them not being the right kind of High Elves. Oh, and apparently all races should belong to you, especially if the are Elves. Every Horde player has done quests at one time or another for organizations started by Alliance races. But not once have we !@#$%ed about how it's not fair we can't play Night Elves or Humans on the Horde. I mean I did countless quests for the Cenarion Circle. Why aren't Night Elves neutral give them to me now,now,now!!waaah!!
11/06/2017 02:35 PMPosted by Teria
No, just Tyrande.
The Night Elves need new leadership.

I feel that most of the races need an overhaul of some kind. In some cases, like the draenei, it's less that Velen is incompetent because he's really not, but now might be the time to lay down his staff and just... rest for a while. With the lightforged draenei coming in, a council while Velen gets to enjoy not having the Legion on his metaphorical and literal tail might not be a bad idea.

For Blood Elves and Gnomes, our leaders are mostly in the background, so a leadership change really isn't necessary. Others are a mixed back- Tyrande in Legion is frigging divisive, even amoungst Alliance loyalists.

What I really want to know is if the Alliance is going to stop tongue bathing the Wrynn dynasty and let someone else lead for a change.
this is a BIG NOOOOO... You got the elf you wanted move along
After seeing how the alliance react I'm pretty convinced the nightborne made the right choice. If anything they dodged a massive bullet seeing how abusive the alliance was to them.
11/06/2017 02:44 PMPosted by Lelaenna
So what I've been gathering from the links is that after the High Elves started fiddling with fel but before they joined the horde, a group of blood elves didn't like the thought of joining the horde and jump ship.

According to what red shirt guy found out at Blizzcon, they were in the Horde but got kicked out for practicing void magic. Then Alleria finds them.
11/06/2017 02:01 PMPosted by Sedara
I personally think both the Nightnorn and
  • Blood
  • Void Elves should be treated like Pandaren.

NO we got a elf if you make it where the evil Draenei are Nurtaul then may there might be a deal
    I wouldnt be opposed to Nightborne and Void Elves being neutral...heck I still think if they really want to keep the faction divide they need to add a neutral faction with the Goblins leading it.
    Both sides need homie elves to balance the diva elves
    11/06/2017 03:31 PMPosted by Undraxis
    I wouldnt be opposed to Nightborne and Void Elves being neutral...heck I still think if they really want to keep the faction divide they need to add a neutral faction with the Goblins leading it.

i think we both got a even deal

The alliance got the blood elf (void elf)
    The Horde got a Nightborne ( night elf )

the nightborne are a off spring of the night elf lol
    so let just call it even
    I get that the Night elves weren't the friendliest to the Nightborne, but does that really give them a reason to want to kill all Alliance? Are the really that petty that they would wish to see all these races burn because of one douchie Night elf?

The rest of us did help them take back their homes. We even helped them deal with their mana addictions, and now they're just gonna go and start attacking us?
    11/06/2017 03:06 PMPosted by Thorland
    So Tyrande was rude to them. She's one person.

She's not just one person. She was the Night Elves equivalent of a Pope. What your seeing is someone challenge the claim she's made for 10,000 years since the last legitimate High Priestess died in battle. Tyrande ascended with only the people in her rebellion to legitimize her claim. Now people are salty that another rebellion decides to do it a different way? Irony at max.

What your seeing is the Nightborne going Eastern Orthodox on her. Tyrande will excommunicate Thalyssra from the Church of El Loon, and Thalyssra will excommunicate Tyrande from the Church of Arcan'dor.

Life will go on.
    Now that the Alliance has something that looks like High Elves, they're going to cry until they're given Nightborne as well, won't they?
    11/06/2017 04:05 PMPosted by Taargon
    Now that the Alliance has something that looks like High Elves, they're going to cry until they're given Nightborne as well, won't they?

Yup, its BC all over again.
    11/06/2017 01:33 PMPosted by Lunnaya
    I mean the Alliance has helped them just as equally as the Horde.

Now they turn their backs and only join the Horde.

Well that work was for nothing.

If "helping" them is repeatedly mocking them while assisting them.

Tyrande ruined Legion for me. So hard. I hate her so badly.
    Between their similarities with the blood elves and Tyrande's open disdain for them it was pretty obvious which faction they'd choose.
    11/06/2017 04:02 PMPosted by Astos
    She's not just one person. She was the Night Elves equivalent of a Pope.

A lot of people don't seem to get this. This is the equivalent of Garithos's treatment of the blood elves and dwarves, and Garrosh's misanthropy towards non-orcs. Willingness to utilise other people as a tool to a greater means is normal in leaders, but in all three of those cases, people with great power, responsibility, and influence chose to be incredibly cold hearted about it.

Tyrande speaks with not only the full force of the Night Elven population behind her, but also the Alliance. Notice that no one is telling her to hush (lol) or pulling her back and asking/demanding for some kindergarten level diplomacy. Thalryssa- who openly defied Elisande and was trying to save her people- was treated like trash. Those who took up arms to bring down a tyrant were talked down to by a patronising jerk who openly declared that t heir greatest worth was their ability to take a sword in the heart so that a night elf wouldn't.

Why in great gravy would you willingly submit to that?
    I made art to illustrate the situation.

https://i.imgur.com/v2r3Poe.jpg
    11/06/2017 03:09 PMPosted by Fernandflail
    11/06/2017 03:06 PMPosted by Thorland
    I agree. It sucks that your character put a lot of effort into helping a group of people and for them to pretty much turn their back on you. So Tyrande was rude to them. She's one person. If their decision is based simply on her, then why haven't the Tauren left over Sylvanas? You know who was also rude? A large population of the Nightborne. Yes, the refugees were very appreciative but a large portion, ones living in Suramar City, were uppity and nasty if they realized you were not one of them. People can talk all about how nasty Tyrande was to the Nightborne, but many of them weren't exactly model citizens.

Yeah. Insult the nightborne. I'm sure that'll convince everyone they should be on your side lol.

Yeah, insult the guy healing you. See if he does it again the next time you need a hand. That literally happened in Court of Stars when I clicked on an NPC and I had the option to use first aid. He jumped up and ran off screaming because I touched him. Harvey Weinstein I am not. Gave me a good laugh. I just don't think they should have been made to pick sides. Just remain neutral is all. It's only an opinion. /shrug