Reactivate Legendary Cloak Quest?

General Discussion
So as someone who played BC, WotK, but missed Cata and Panda, I never got chance to obtain the legendary cloak. I'm going back through and completing achievements, grinding reps, getting mounts, etc for Cata and Panda.
I've known the legendary cloak quest was removed, and i read the blue post, but I didn't see a reason? Was it because they think people would keep using their cloak through WoD?

Since they're giving out legendaries like candy nowadays it'd be nice to be able to go back, get my wrathion rep exalted and complete the questline for the cloak.
Because some times you can be rewarded for being in the right place at the right time doing the right things.

I'm ok with rewards/achievements for things that are temporary. Whether it is holiday event stuff, or green fire, or the cloak in MoP or the ring in WoD or the artifact in Legion.

Sometimes for whatever reasons we just miss the timing. Sucks. There are things that I would do differently if I had the chance. But you move on.
Having stuff available for a limited time keeps people subbed, instead of binging on the game for a few months every couple of years before quitting again.

If you start bringing stuff back after you say it's gone forever you will annoy some people (those who like having stuff to "show off" to others with) and it'll almost certainly reduce the effectiveness of limited time "offers" so the likelihood of them bringing it back is close to zero.
They said they would keep it in during mists, they recanted later and took it out in an undocumented change

Just like players, devs too get engorged about getting something on their characters and then denying it to others. Just the way of the world
It was part of a quest chain that went through the story of Pandaria. With new patches came new parts of the quest. In the end, if you kept up with the grind you obtained the cloak.

If they reimplemented it now, it would trivialize all the questing we did when the content was relevant.
Alright, answer me this, anti-cloakers.

What would your objection be...to putting the quest back in if the reward was NOT a legendary? No achievements, no orange gear, just a simple blue or purple 'i did it' cloak so people can see the story of the expansion.
And also Wrathion flying off in a tit because the bartender smarted off at him.

EDIT FOR CLARITY: I don't mean giving Legendary cloak appearances on a rare or epic item. I just meant a rare or epic cloak as an award.
11/15/2017 10:50 AMPosted by Brewmistress
What would your objection be...to putting the quest back in if the reward was NOT a legendary? No achievements, no orange gear, just a simple blue or purple 'i did it' cloak so people can see the story of the expansion.

What if instead, you could just finish the questline without any reward or achievement? I'd be for that, would enjoy finishing it up.

But the object or the appearance, that WAS an achievement back in the day that some did and others, like me because of the pvp aspect, chose not to do. It should reflect on that.
I'd like if put content like this back in the game, just so I could play through it. No reward needed.
11/15/2017 10:57 AMPosted by Cihys
11/15/2017 10:50 AMPosted by Brewmistress

What if instead, you could just finish the questline without any reward or achievement? I'd be for that, would enjoy finishing it up.

But the object or the appearance, that WAS an achievement back in the day that some did and others, like me because of the pvp aspect, chose not to do. It should reflect on that.

I suppose I was unclear. I didn't necessarily mean a legendary appearance. Just something simple, a blue-colored or green-colored cloak that's just...a stand-in piece of gear so the quests still give a cloak.
11/15/2017 10:41 AMPosted by Coffeefury
They said they would keep it in during mists, they recanted later and took it out in an undocumented change

Just like players, devs too get engorged about getting something on their characters and then denying it to others. Just the way of the world

You must be thinking of Ordos access without the cloak. There was no "undocumented change" to remove the cloak itself, in fact there was a news article on the front page saying they were going to take it away when WoD launched.
I avoided that endless breadcrumb thing for a reason. Endless leading by the nose and planned obsolescence.
It was removed because it was a bait to attract a specific type of player - the completionist - to MoP.

They don't put it back because, in the future, they will create new baits - if the [target audience] knew that they would reintroduce the baits after the respective expansions ended, less of this type of player would sub for the bait, since they would think "nah, I'll get it later when they reintroduce the bait".

My english is lame, but this is it. The explanation. Trust me, I'm a Goblin - Business is my Religion, and I know about this tactic.
11/15/2017 10:49 AMPosted by Gappopo
It was part of a quest chain that went through the story of Pandaria. With new patches came new parts of the quest. In the end, if you kept up with the grind you obtained the cloak.

If they reimplemented it now, it would trivialize all the questing we did when the content was relevant.

No, it wouldn't. There's a stronger case to be made that Blizzard trivialized the content by phasing it out - or are you really questing in the cloak? Doing dungeons in it? Raiding? You put all that effort in and now have an out-of-date, obsolete item only useful during Timewalking.

And anyone who wanted to do the quest chain now would also have an out-of-date, obsolete item only useful during Timewalking. Frankly, I don't care about the cloak, but I do care that there's a part of the Timeless Isle that I'm permanently locked out of because I only started playing the game in the last month or two of Mists.
They removed it because the item was to be a reward for who played during the current events. To go back now would be cake walk to obtain. Same reason they are removing the Challenge looks of artifacts post Legion. The look can only be obtained now.
11/15/2017 12:14 PMPosted by Darthmike
They removed it because the item was to be a reward for who played during the current events. To go back now would be cake walk to obtain. Same reason they are removing the Challenge looks of artifacts post Legion. The look can only be obtained now.

So you don't want us/them (I have one, didn't need another) to get the cloak. Ok. How would you feel about bringing the quest back but *not the cloak*, so we can see the story, and FOR GODS SAKE LET PEOPLE GET TO ORDOS. IT'S BEEN THREE YEARS. sorry, that bugs me.
11/15/2017 10:49 AMPosted by Gappopo
part of a quest chain that went through the story of Pandaria

This alone is reason enough to NOT have removed it. Same for the WoD rings.
11/15/2017 10:34 AMPosted by Cihys
Because some times you can be rewarded for being in the right place at the right time doing the right things.

I'm ok with rewards/achievements for things that are temporary. Whether it is holiday event stuff, or green fire, or the cloak in MoP or the ring in WoD or the artifact in Legion.

Sometimes for whatever reasons we just miss the timing. Sucks. There are things that I would do differently if I had the chance. But you move on.

If you were logged in say WoW's anniversary and you get something that can no longer be obtained or if you can complete ultramega hardmode during current content, they should be rewarded. But there is a precedent set by previous legendaries to be obtained post-expansion by those will to put in the time and effort to obtain them (ie. Val'anyr).
I would just like to go back and experience the things I missed. I like the Pandaland stories and content. The cloak, and the ability to quest for Black Prince rep just seem removed without reason.
11/15/2017 10:21 AMPosted by Kerminator
So as someone who played BC, WotK, but missed Cata and Panda, I never got chance to obtain the legendary cloak. I'm going back through and completing achievements, grinding reps, getting mounts, etc for Cata and Panda.
I've known the legendary cloak quest was removed, and i read the blue post, but I didn't see a reason? Was it because they think people would keep using their cloak through WoD?

Since they're giving out legendaries like candy nowadays it'd be nice to be able to go back, get my wrathion rep exalted and complete the questline for the cloak.

You had 2 1/2 years to do it....
11/15/2017 12:19 PMPosted by Brewmistress
11/15/2017 12:14 PMPosted by Darthmike

So you don't want us/them (I have one, didn't need another) to get the cloak. Ok. How would you feel about bringing the quest back but *not the cloak*, so we can see the story, and FOR GODS SAKE LET PEOPLE GET TO ORDOS. IT'S BEEN THREE YEARS. sorry, that bugs me.

Okay... no where in my post did I say I didn't want them to bring it back. Nor did I say that people shouldn't be able to at least experience the story. I said why Blizzard had removed them. Read a post before you comment please.
11/15/2017 12:35 PMPosted by Kabooke
11/15/2017 10:21 AMPosted by Kerminator

You had 2 1/2 years to do it....

True, but life happens. Sometimes you have to play catchup