Your stupidest purchase

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9
10/12/2017 11:51 AMPosted by Coryantha
Stupidest purchase?

... a few weeks ago I blew over 300k on BOE items for my alt shaman here, including 100k for BOE legendary gloves. Some of the items were replaced within hours. All of them, including the legendary, were replaced by drops with 2 and a half weeks.

If you got into content because your ilevel and stats were raised by the BOE's... it's not stupid.
10/09/2017 08:38 AMPosted by Augustoc
You paid 160k... for THAT?

Only the Mythic version is gold and goes with the well thought-out xmog. The other raid tiers have different colors.
10/09/2017 08:29 AMPosted by Blakebone
What is that one thing you bought that you paid alot for it and then thought

''That wasnt such a good idea after all''

For me it had to be these gloves. I really wanted the mog so I paid 160k gold for them. On second thought maybe I should've waited for the price to go down.

I spent 75k on a mace that looked like a fish.
10/12/2017 11:55 AMPosted by Haite
Stupidest purchase?

... a few weeks ago I blew over 300k on BOE items for my alt shaman here, including 100k for BOE legendary gloves. Some of the items were replaced within hours. All of them, including the legendary, were replaced by drops with 2 and a half weeks.

If you got into content because your ilevel and stats were raised by the BOE's... it's not stupid.
Maybe so. But that 300K was over half my total wealth. And my main source of gold is not exactly reliable (selling random BOE raid drops that drop for my main). Could take a year before I can regenerate that amount of gold.
10/09/2017 08:29 AMPosted by Blakebone
What is that one thing you bought that you paid alot for it and then thought

''That wasnt such a good idea after all''

Warlords Of Draenor. Nothing else needs to be said.
Bought that 40k augment rune as soon as I could, 350 primary stat is less than 1% increase in primary stat now. Waste of gold.
Spent the majority of my Veiled Argunite to fish for some better gloves (when I had a 910) and accidentally bought the wrists. Worst part was, I didn't even get better wrist pieces.
For a minute, I thought this was about real life purchases. I'd have posted a pretty long list.