You are not apart of the Horde.

Wyrmrest Accord
Prev 1 4 5 6 22 Next
09/14/2017 01:44 PMPosted by Humphrey
weeeooo weeooo weeeooo pull over its the lore police
Why do you have to hate fun, OP.
09/15/2017 03:18 PMPosted by Gavel
In this thread, OP goes out of his way to tell people how they are wrong, and in response about 30 people go out of their way to tell him that he is wrong and if he doesn't like what people do then he doesn't need to go out of his way to tell them they are wrong.

Oh, also, Enekie blames orcs, again.

we have had 3 or 4 "drama" threads lately, all of which were either started-or-derailed by a male orc player.

what does this mean to you.
09/15/2017 04:40 PMPosted by Baenura
09/15/2017 03:18 PMPosted by Gavel
In this thread, OP goes out of his way to tell people how they are wrong, and in response about 30 people go out of their way to tell him that he is wrong and if he doesn't like what people do then he doesn't need to go out of his way to tell them they are wrong.

Oh, also, Enekie blames orcs, again.

we have had 3 or 4 "drama" threads lately, all of which were either started-or-derailed by a male orc player.

Gee, I dunno... I guess the motives of an entire race can be assumed by the four idiots who stir up trouble? Is that the lesson I should learn here? Better put them all in camps just to be safe.
09/15/2017 05:18 PMPosted by Gavel
09/15/2017 04:40 PMPosted by Baenura

Gee, I dunno... I guess the motives of an entire race can be assumed by the four idiots who stir up trouble? Is that the lesson I should learn here? Better put them all in camps just to be safe.

Don't worry, Paladin, Lordaeron already did that one once.
light bless you
I, too, hate that orcs are always getting blamed for doing the thing. I wish they would stop doing the thing for a while so that'd stop happening.
09/14/2017 01:13 PMPosted by Doomhammer
Trolls: Frostmane, Drakkari, Gurubashi, Amani, Bloodscalp, Zandalari, and the Atal'ai You are not apart of the Horde. You are enemies of the Horde you are kill on sight. Stop it.

I would have zero problem, speaking OOCly, if they just add the 'Fon suffix to their name. When I see someone with a troll from other tribes, I just do that mentally, because clearly they are an outcast, and the 'Fon suffix marks them as outcasted from their original tribe. Petty annoyance, and a pet peeve, nothing more.

09/14/2017 01:13 PMPosted by Doomhammer
Human Rpers: You are not apart of the Horde, you are kill on sight stay out of Capital cities.

Clearly you've never read the various stories where Thrall uses human spies that openly walk through Orgrimmar (Something I doubt Garrosh would do, but certainly Vol'jin or Sylvanis would have brought it back) because that stuff is canon and is also how Thrall found out the Draenei crash landed on Azeroth.
09/15/2017 05:37 PMPosted by Crogart
Clearly you've never read

OP explained.
09/15/2017 05:34 PMPosted by Azhaar
I, too, hate that orcs are always getting blamed for doing the thing. I wish they would stop doing the thing for a while so that'd stop happening.

I'm not usually one for sweeping generalizations.

At least, not in open, public arguments.

But when one takes into account the numbers I am fairly certain, at least exclusively in terms of the WrA posting history, what tends to happen is that people playing Orcs or using Orc avatars, for all sorts of different reasons that are not all necessarily connected or indicative of a singular widespread trend, are the ones stepping around and making exactly the sorts of threads like here.

And occasionally humans, I think, although I don't know if the numbers are quite comparative.

What I do not tend to see with any sense that I could draw a trend, no matter how accurate or erroneous, is Elves, Pandaren, Tauren, Goblin, etc, avatars in conjunction with the same level of post volume sparking these types of discussions or arguments.

Does that mean "All Orcs"? I wouldn't necessarily say so and it may be unfair to make that sort of sweeping statement.

However at the same time it stands that it's "lots of Orcs" or "usually Orcs", in such a fashion that even defending the good and much more amicable Orcs, I couldn't necessarily in good faith say that there's not still some strange happenstance or occurrence with the other, irritatingly vocal Orcs.

And that sucks for everyone, Orcs included.
09/15/2017 05:42 PMPosted by Isang

But when one takes into account the numbers I am fairly certain, at least exclusively in terms of the WrA posting history, what tends to happen is that people playing Orcs or using Orc avatars, for all sorts of different reasons that are not all necessarily connected or indicative of a singular widespread trend, are the ones stepping around and making exactly the sorts of threads like here.

And occasionally humans, I think, although I don't know if the numbers are quite comparative.

What I do not tend to see with any sense that I could draw a trend, no matter how accurate or erroneous, is Elves, Pandaren, Tauren, Goblin, etc, avatars in conjunction with the same level of post volume sparking these types of discussions or arguments.

Does that mean "All Orcs"? I wouldn't necessarily say so and it may be unfair to make that sort of sweeping statement.

However at the same time it stands that it's "lots of Orcs" or "usually Orcs", in such a fashion that even defending the good and much more amicable Orcs, I couldn't necessarily in good faith say that there's not still some strange happenstance or occurrence with the other, irritatingly vocal Orcs.

I like Banrok. And some others. Gentarn is kinda like a giant Saint Bernard who likes everybody and doesn't get why everyone is mad when his wagging tail breaks stuff all the time. Chonga's funny.

#notallorcs

But yes, in general I think you've hit the nail on the head.
Oh, are those who you would call "the good'uns?"
You're doing the thing, Gavel. Which, I guess, goes to show it's not always orcs. Very meta, I like it. Well played.
If only someone had warned the orcs.
If by doing the thing you mean that I am laughing at the absurdity of how 4 people mouthing off can be held as a benchmark for an entire player base, then I guess yeah. But I am an orc IRL so I guess you aren't totally off.

I mean seriously- not to use RL situations but if you had a message board and 4 people who happened to share an ethnicity/religion/anything were being goons, and people condemned their entire demographic over it, it would be a !@#$%^- *!@# storm- let alone people trying to JUSTIFY said condemnation.

Edit- I really don't want to have this argument again since it leads to the same thing every single time. But it's just gotten laughable at this point. I guess all humans are idiots because Varsinax can't shut up, or all belves are furries because of Kit Von Foxingpelt the Paladin in SMC.
Wow, you've really latched on to this 4 people thing.

09/15/2017 05:42 PMPosted by Isang

I mean, it was specifically the number tossed out at me to justify this nonsense.

Is there an acceptable percentage you would like to switch to? Because it still won't be high enough. I am flexible. Actually like I said, don't worry about it because I already know how this is going to turn out and kind of just regret not rolling my eyes privately.
09/15/2017 06:14 PMPosted by Gavel
Actually like I said, don't worry about it because I already know how this is going to turn out and kind of just regret not rolling my eyes privately.

I regret not rolling my own eyes privately then if this is what my response returned.
I didn't roll my eyes, but I shrugged! Does that count?

I mean, the deal here is there's a tendency for people who choose male orc avatars to start trouble at a greater rate than people who choose most other kinds of avatars. Nobody (to my knowledge) has been collecting data on this, it's just a trend several of us have noticed.

Then, too, the last couple of expansions Blizzard has been writing orcs as explicitly villainous where before they were conflicted.

Makes you think, unless for some specific reason you're disinclined to.
09/15/2017 06:08 PMPosted by Gavel
all belves are furries

*worgen