I can understand people's issue with Argus

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
I think that I can see where people are coming from, when I was running through Shadowguard incursion running past mobs and having one sneak up on you and dismount you and getting swamped by 10 other mobs is not really fun.

For me, the lore generally outweighs the inconvenience of such things. Maybe what they should do is make it so if you riding a ground mount you can't get dismounted, give your ground mounts more armor or something to decrease the chance of inconveniences like that happening.
09/29/2017 11:00 AMPosted by Elae
when I was running through Shadowguard incursion running past mobs and having one sneak up on you and dismount you and getting swamped by 10 other mobs is not really fun.
See I went into that area knowing full well that any shenanigans I tried to pull came at the risk of death. I think peoples' expectations are at odds with reality.
For me, the lore generally outweighs the inconvenience of such things. Maybe what they should do is make it so if you riding a ground mount you can't get dismounted, give your ground mounts more armor or something to decrease the chance of inconveniences like that happening.

Lore has zero to do with mob placement and density or aggro.

They did this intentionally to maximize inconvenience.

I didn't say that lore was directly related to the situation, I just said that because the story and lore helps me overlook the inconvenience of getting swamped by 100 mobs, if I wasn't such a fan o Draenei lore and story, I would probably be swearing behind the computer screen much harder lol.
09/29/2017 11:07 AMPosted by Soulofursoc

Why would they do this?
09/29/2017 11:15 AMPosted by Feelzbrah

Why would they do this?

Because it takes more of our time to fight through swarms of mobs. They're convinced if we can get from Point A to Point B in realtime, we will say we beat the game and quit.
Combat is the core of wow.

especially the unexpected SURPRISE kind of combat. . .
09/29/2017 11:17 AMPosted by Rubedo
Combat is the core of wow.

especially the unexpected SURPRISE kind of combat. . .

No, for the past five years or so we've been able to just fly over it most of the time.
make it so if you riding a ground mount you can't get dismounted, give your ground mounts more armor or something to

There is a leatherworking product called "barding" that prevents being dazed while mounted in the Broken Isles. It also works on Argus.

It lasts for two hours, or 8 hours if you are a leatherworker.

Check the AH or contact a leatherworker.
If you have a leatherworking alt, use it to make the bardings and give them to your other characters.
09/29/2017 11:15 AMPosted by Feelzbrah

Why would they do this?

Because they now measure time p0layed as a metric instead of sub numbers. So the longer it takes you to do something , the better for them to show the shareholders that it was a success. even though it is trivial such as killing mobs. " oh look the players are more "engaged" so our idea was great .
My biggest issue with Argus is honestly the art direction. After so many years waiting for the chance to travel to Argus, nobody talks about how bland it is.
Yes it is tedious and inconvenient, but the dev team are still confined by the general WoW game mechanics so probably not a lot of other good ways to express danger. But why did it have to look like copy/paste fel lava/rocks again.
Some of you love to throw out "trying to make us play longer to improve metrics" whilst ignoring the preponderance of ways they improve travel over-all.

They could have had no barding. They could have not used instant teleporters. They could have had no whistle. Less flight paths. Less graveyards. Not spawn in instances after wipes.

But no, you ignore all that and go "lots of mobs done intentionally!!!" in your tin foil hats.

*laugh in tank spec*
09/29/2017 11:31 AMPosted by Aarschott
make it so if you riding a ground mount you can't get dismounted, give your ground mounts more armor or something to

There is a leatherworking product called "barding" that prevents being dazed while mounted in the Broken Isles. It also works on Argus.

It lasts for two hours, or 8 hours if you are a leatherworker.

Check the AH or contact a leatherworker.
If you have a leatherworking alt, use it to make the bardings and give them to your other characters.

GOOD THINKING!!
Having a shield also prevents you from getting dazed and therefore dismounted.

So if you utilize something like Prydaz, barding or a tank spec Argus is trivial.

ROFL, they intentionally want to ruin your experience? To what benefit?

Or... is it just more realistic?
Stonehide Leather Barding: No dismounts for 2-8 hours.

Sightless Eye. Reduces aggro range to about 1 yard for 10 minutes

With these, I rarely have to stop and kill anything that's not a quest objective.
My issue is it looks like Light Infused Draenei vomit. I'm horde I have almost ZERO story going on there while i'm questing. I'm not a paladin and yes as a Demon Hunter i'm lucky to have a little bit of story but there could of been ALOT more. Hello we got a working protoss vomit spaceship too. Yet nobody has any representation on this planet it's all Light and Draeneis. The whole of Azeroth is in threat and the only people that have any part of it is Light, Draeneis and Illidan. Yes that story is amazing to me. Specially when everything looks like a Paladin Rainbow Unicorn vommited on every non hostile NPC.
I don't know about some of you whiners but I play the game expecting to get into fights and sometimes lose. That's why I was drawn to a game called WARcraft.

If you can't handle the fact that you're requiring to get off your damned mount and fight, you might be playing the wrong game.
It was done intentionally, but not for the reason people assume.

It was meant to be a threatening environment. If you barrel through a bunch of mobs, that's the risk you take.

Considering that they've given ways to deal with it - I don't see a problem with travel.

The biggest issue I have with Argus is that it's just a bunch of elite kill quests with a few minor collection quests sprinkled in. I wish they'd made a PvP island in Argus with world objectives like Isle of Thunder's PvP daily alternatives to the PvE dailies.

Just a little more variety would be nice. That's all.