I can understand people's issue with Argus

General Discussion
Whatever happened to Blizzard's own tip about sticking to the path to minimise mob aggro? There are a few points on Argus where sticking to a path will get you killed.
Argus is annoying.
09/29/2017 11:00 AMPosted by Elae
I think that I can see where people are coming from

i don't. The whining is pitiful.
09/29/2017 07:38 PMPosted by Dendritus
I think that I can see where people are coming from

i don't. The whining is pitiful.
agreed. No matter what character I play I have zero issued navigating argus or with agro.
09/29/2017 07:31 PMPosted by Gigolock
Whatever happened to Blizzard's own tip about sticking to the path to minimise mob aggro? There are a few points on Argus where sticking to a path will get you killed.

Argus is the demon home world so it's a bit different
09/29/2017 11:46 AMPosted by Trallara
Some of you love to throw out "trying to make us play longer to improve metrics" whilst ignoring the preponderance of ways they improve travel over-all.

They could have had no barding. They could have not used instant teleporters. They could have had no whistle. Less flight paths. Less graveyards. Not spawn in instances after wipes.

But no, you ignore all that and go "lots of mobs done intentionally!!!" in your tin foil hats.

I CAN ignore all that, because I'm in stealth ALL THE TIME.

Take off the tin foil hat. It does not become you.
Dumb question - is the stun / dismount directly related to ilvl? If so, what's the break even point? 900? 910? or more?

I don't seem to have the issue with it on my 920+ toons but this 890 toon seems to get stunned / dismounted by a menacing glare.
I think that I can see where people are coming from, when I was running through Shadowguard incursion running past mobs and having one sneak up on you and dismount you and getting swamped by 10 other mobs is not really fun.

For me, the lore generally outweighs the inconvenience of such things. Maybe what they should do is make it so if you riding a ground mount you can't get dismounted, give your ground mounts more armor or something to decrease the chance of inconveniences like that happening.

Roll a Warlock - dot them all up and profit.
so if you riding a ground mount you can't get dismounted

There is a leatherworking item that makes it so you don't get dazed and dismounted. It's already a thing.

https://www.wowhead.com/item=131746/stonehide-leather-barding#comments

10/12/2017 10:12 AMPosted by Crylefach

Also, this.^
10/12/2017 10:12 AMPosted by Crylefach
I think that I can see where people are coming from, when I was running through Shadowguard incursion running past mobs and having one sneak up on you and dismount you and getting swamped by 10 other mobs is not really fun.

For me, the lore generally outweighs the inconvenience of such things. Maybe what they should do is make it so if you riding a ground mount you can't get dismounted, give your ground mounts more armor or something to decrease the chance of inconveniences like that happening.

People shouldn't have to play a certain class to do open world content with a minimum of hassle.
10/12/2017 10:19 AMPosted by Joynal
People shouldn't have to play a certain class to do open world content with a minimum of hassle.

You don't have to be inconvenienced. It's avoidable with Stonehide Leather Barding. If you choose not to use them, that's not on anyone else.

I got a warlock. But I been taking time off wow, as you know, a bit burned out from the game.
09/29/2017 11:17 AMPosted by Soulofursoc
09/29/2017 11:15 AMPosted by Feelzbrah
Why would they do this?

Because it takes more of our time to fight through swarms of mobs. They're convinced if we can get from Point A to Point B in realtime, we will say we beat the game and quit.

Real time would be fighting our way through an enemy controlled area.
10/12/2017 10:24 AMPosted by Hazzulu

Not to mention taking laser beams across continents. Seems like real time to me.
I was running through Shadowguard incursion running past mobs and having one sneak up on you and dismount you and getting swamped by 10 other mobs is not really fun.

Of course it's not fun!

It's the homeworld of the Legion, the eternal army of demons we've been fighting for years. You shouldn't be able to just... run through a bunch of mobs without having to deal with them dismounting and ganging up on you.
09/29/2017 11:49 AMPosted by Elae
09/29/2017 11:31 AMPosted by Aarschott

There is a leatherworking product called "barding" that prevents being dazed while mounted in the Broken Isles. It also works on Argus.

It lasts for two hours, or 8 hours if you are a leatherworker.

Check the AH or contact a leatherworker.
If you have a leatherworking alt, use it to make the bardings and give them to your other characters.

GOOD THINKING!!
Yes it sounds good, but the price of bardings for sale at AH are outrageous. They are on my server anyway.
10/12/2017 10:52 AMPosted by Hony
Yes it sounds good, but the price of bardings for sale at AH are outrageous. They are on my server anyway.

You're not guilded on that toon but this is part of why they're helpful. Many of our guildies would make them for free if materials were provided. And sometimes even if they're not. Buying mats is sometimes cheaper than buying the items and if the possiblitiy of getting stunned and dismounted bothers people so much, why not use the solution the game provides you? If you don't like the AH prices, take the alternative and hit up trade chat for a leatherworker who has the recipe and give them the mats. It may work out cheaper.

Or not.
10/12/2017 10:24 AMPosted by Hazzulu
09/29/2017 11:17 AMPosted by Soulofursoc
Because it takes more of our time to fight through swarms of mobs. They're convinced if we can get from Point A to Point B in realtime, we will say we beat the game and quit.

After we've fought our way through once, the way would be open. The respawn mobs are there solely for the next 18472393 players in line to fight through.

These mobs are also dead broke and only threatening when you get close enough to intrude on their misery (which loves company and is why they are in groups.)

Give players a reason and reward for killing those worthless trash mobs and they'd stay as dead as frogs and turtles on TI and the rares would melt faster than if 5 Warframes were hosing them down with fire. Blizzard didn't, hasn't, and won't because all those mobs are only there to slow down content (WQ/Rare mobs) completion and thereby extend MAU metrics.

I've already killed the 5K demons for the Title. If they each dropped a single Veiled Argunite that would only equate to 7 Relinquished Tokens which with Titanforging and a bloated loot table doesn't even mean that those would all end up equipped.

It's why Argus participation metrics are so bad.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/?page=2 scroll down to graph
09/29/2017 11:07 AMPosted by Soulofursoc

Lore has zero to do with mob placement and density or aggro.

They did this intentionally to maximize inconvenience.

Yep. Also dungeons and raids should never have trash, PvP control points should just immediately go to whoever touches them first, and I should have an I Win button on my bars for when I can't be bothered to actually take the time to fight the boss.

In fact, instead of mailing me grays I didn't loot, Postmaster should just place loot right in my bag - skip all the inconvenience!

Don't like mobs between you and wherever you want to go? Go play Facebook games. Same goes for flight threads, daze threads, level-scaling threads - all of it.

World of Warcraft is a game about fighting things - giant spiders, hostile bears, demons as big as office buildings, dragons the size of jumbo jets, shapeless oozes, people who worship shapeless oozes - everywhere, roaming your fields and breaking into your houses and ganking you, everywhere. Literally, fighting bad guys is the point of the game.

All these complaints about mobs and not having enough ways to skip them - it's like complaining about the platforms in a platform game, or bulletstorms in a shmup. You are complaining about the actual point of the game "inconveniencing" you, and I simply cannot take you seriously.