I can understand people's issue with Argus

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
10/12/2017 11:29 AMPosted by Rizlet
You are complaining about the actual point of the game "inconveniencing" you, and I simply cannot take you seriously.

There is no point in killing X mob that drops nothing and poses no challenge. At least in a FPS you'll be getting ammo, weapons, etc and frequently get interesting means of combat.
09/29/2017 11:07 AMPosted by Soulofursoc
09/29/2017 11:00 AMPosted by Elae
For me, the lore generally outweighs the inconvenience of such things. Maybe what they should do is make it so if you riding a ground mount you can't get dismounted, give your ground mounts more armor or something to decrease the chance of inconveniences like that happening.

Lore has zero to do with mob placement and density or aggro.

They did this intentionally to maximize inconvenience.

Yeah they did. Are you going to argue that a demon infested planet shouldn't be swarming us with demons?

Because that'd be stupid.
10/12/2017 11:32 AMPosted by Glenlivett
10/12/2017 11:29 AMPosted by Rizlet
You are complaining about the actual point of the game "inconveniencing" you, and I simply cannot take you seriously.

There is no point in killing X mob that drops nothing and poses no challenge. At least in a FPS you'll be getting ammo, weapons, etc and frequently get interesting means of combat.

LOL. Whatever. If killing bad guys on the way to kill their boss isn't for you, MMOs are the wrong game genre for you - that's all there is to it.
10/12/2017 11:48 AMPosted by Rizlet
10/12/2017 11:32 AMPosted by Glenlivett

LOL. Whatever. If killing bad guys on the way to kill their boss isn't for you, MMOs are the wrong game genre for you - that's all there is to it.

They thought they paid a subscription to Burger King after hearing their slogan "Have it your way!"
Oh man. The home of the legion is a dangerous hovel of countless, unorganized demons who don't want you running around their planet safely? Well dang. I never thought it'd be like this.
10/12/2017 11:48 AMPosted by Rizlet

You realize you can play WoW and level without ever killing a mob simply through gathering? Or simply sit around playing the AH, PvP instances, or Dungeons thereby bypassing all of the World Mobs? Or pet battle?

Heck, you can sit in your garrison crafting, running missions, and playing the AH even now without ever seeing a mob.
This is why I love my invisibility toy so much :)
10/12/2017 11:51 AMPosted by Slambchop
Oh man. The home of the legion is a dangerous hovel of countless, unorganized demons who don't want you running around their planet safely? Well dang. I never thought it'd be like this.

I didn't, either. I thought the demons would be organized.

Silly me, thinking they meant legion in the battalion sense.
10/12/2017 11:59 AMPosted by Hardwire
10/12/2017 11:51 AMPosted by Slambchop

I didn't, either. I thought the demons would be organized.

Silly me, thinking they meant legion in the battalion sense.

Nope - more in a Christ yelling at them to get out of some poor guy (who was probably just a schizophrenic actually) and jump into a herd of pigs and run off a cliff sense.
when I was running through Shadowguard incursion running past mobs and having one sneak up on you and dismount you and getting swamped by 10 other mobs is not really fun.

Did you honestly run into an area full of mobs and have one "sneak" anywhere? No. No, you didn't. You ran past mobs then stopped to do whatever instead of continuing to move. One caught up to you and slapped you on the back hence stunning (or otherwise dismounting you) and you couldn't kill it before the other 10 mobs caught up.

Nothing "sneaked" anywhere.

If players are going to run through mobs in order to avoid them because they are "too tedious and boring and pose no danger anyway and they give nothing as a reward for bothering" and they stop and don't pay attention to what's around them and how much is following then get caught up by 50 mobs who actually DO post a danger then they got what they deserved.

They're issues are idiotic...they should pay more attention and be more careful. They have no point so there is nothing to "see".
10/12/2017 12:40 PMPosted by Raiyyn
when I was running through Shadowguard incursion running past mobs and having one sneak up on you and dismount you and getting swamped by 10 other mobs is not really fun.

Did you honestly run into an area full of mobs and have one "sneak" anywhere? No. No, you didn't. You ran past mobs then stopped to do whatever instead of continuing to move. One caught up to you and slapped you on the back hence stunning (or otherwise dismounting you) and you couldn't kill it before the other 10 mobs caught up.

Nothing "sneaked" anywhere.

If players are going to run through mobs in order to avoid them because they are "too tedious and boring and pose no danger anyway and they give nothing as a reward for bothering" and they stop and don't pay attention to what's around them and how much is following then get caught up by 50 mobs who actually DO post a danger then they got what they deserved.

They're issues are idiotic...they should pay more attention and be more careful. They have no point so there is nothing to "see".

No they're not the idiots. Clearly blizzard and everybody else is for disagreeing that there shouldn't be ANY mobs at all. Oh and no world quests, story quests, and just get rid of everything but the flying mounts.

Yeah. Quality content.

I'm pretty used to flying over them I guess so I don't have to deal with that crap.
This is the legion's home world, I'm surprised there isn't more of them.
My issues are the unavoidable aggro, not being able to get out of combat, and mobs that daze.

It's pretty bad when you need to serverhop just to use beacons.

What I do now is use WQGF and WQT constantly, stay in group after completion until I am near the new quest area and leave group to drop all the aggro I have picked up.
09/29/2017 11:52 AMPosted by Fugubar
Stonehide Leather Barding: No dismounts for 2-8 hours.

Sightless Eye. Reduces aggro range to about 1 yard for 10 minutes

With these, I rarely have to stop and kill anything that's not a quest objective.

Also for those who have it, the Chauffeured Mekgineer's Chopper does not allow you to get dismounted, although it sometimes dazes you are in the elite areas you may take significant damage by running straight through multiple packs of mobs.

There are options for these mechanical inconveniences and Blizzard has supplied a solution if you are willing to aim to do the required task to make the area trivial.
I think that I can see where people are coming from, when I was running through Shadowguard incursion running past mobs and having one sneak up on you and dismount you and getting swamped by 10 other mobs is not really fun.

For me, the lore generally outweighs the inconvenience of such things. Maybe what they should do is make it so if you riding a ground mount you can't get dismounted, give your ground mounts more armor or something to decrease the chance of inconveniences like that happening.

I could see Blizz using that as to why there isn't any flying on Argus...you just reinforced the one thing they want everyone to change

I already hate the idea of having to do extra stuff besides seeing a trainer and tossing gold just to use a mount I spent over a month grinding for......screw it...I digress.......

Its no different than the woods with the hag witches and the lvl 110 elites walking around regardless of what level you are

Lore meant nothing to me as I tried as hard as I could to get my lvl 102 lock away from a raging 110 elite that wouldn't stop 1 shotting him for trying to complete a quest

I myself and I'm sure many others consider that horrible map design

It's just like Dark Souls 2 SOTFS, placing a gank fest every 5 steps is not the same as actually making the game and its content "difficult and rewarding"
argus is terribly designed in every way. the mobs are annoying...and it is ugly and boring as sin
People hate Argus. People hated Suramar. People hated Tanaan.

Clearly the only solution is to just have a perfectly flat square area with a single loot chest in the center that you loot once a week and gives you all the rewards for all of your alts at the same time.
10/12/2017 06:12 PMPosted by Adelphie
People hate Argus. People hated Suramar. People hated Tanaan.

Clearly the only solution is to just have a perfectly flat square area with a single loot chest in the center that you loot once a week and gives you all the rewards for all of your alts at the same time.

Or...OR....this is a crazy idea but hear me out...they could go back to developing the sort of zones that were the majority of outer world content from vanilla through MoP.
10/12/2017 07:32 PMPosted by Hardwire
Or...OR....this is a crazy idea but hear me out...they could go back to developing the sort of zones that were the majority of outer world content from vanilla through MoP.

Did you miss MoP when people complained endlessly about dailies? There's basically no open world content Blizzard can make that people won't complain about.