Elves communication

Story Forum
How is Blizzard gonna address the topic of cross faction commuication between Void Elves and Blood Elves? As far as I know Void Elves are Blood Elves kicked out of Silvermoon so they of course know Thalassian.
Are they gonna be able to speak Thalassian and be understood or is it gonna be like Undead who forgot how to speak human?
Pandaren can't talk across faction to each other. Don't expect Void Elves to be able to.

IIRC, Demon Hunters are the only ones who can.
Actually pandaren can as of Legion. But yeah I imagine void elves and blood elves will be like pandas were before then.
They only removed horde having access to common because we would all insult each other back then.

Lorewise we all speak common. (Bring back common!)
When you are kicked out of the Horde, they scrub your brain real good.

Standard protocol.
11/07/2017 09:37 AMPosted by Reignac
Actually pandaren can as of Legion.

Oh really? Neat.
I was thinking Blizzard started testing how cross faction communication goes starting with DH, and that they were planning on slowly allowing that feature depending on specific races.
If Pandaren were allowed to speak to each other in Legion, are they going to be able to keep doing so in BfA?
I thought this was going to be about how Elves don't communicate and instead are rash and quick to condemn / exile / fight etc. instead of actually explaining themselves.

So many things could have been averted if an elf just explained their concerns / motivations instead of going "i am vry smart now u die."
Given that Pandaren and Demon Hunters can communicate, I imagine they can both communicate via Thalissian.
I wouldn't be surprised if they'll be able to communicate. I think it may make sense for the Nightborne to speak Darnassian, too.
This is one of those cases where game mechanic > lore.

Happens once in a while.
11/07/2017 10:38 AMPosted by Cártian
I wouldn't be surprised if they'll be able to communicate. I think it may make sense for the Nightborne to speak Darnassian, too.
No it doesn't. The Nightborne have been living in isolation for 10,000 years. Much like the High/Blood Elves, their language changed from that time. Pretty sure they have a confirmed different language, but no name for it yet.
11/07/2017 11:34 AMPosted by Irenaus
No it doesn't. The Nightborne have been living in isolation for 10,000 years. Much like the High/Blood Elves, their language changed from that time.

This makes sense for a species that doesn't live that long, yes, but almost every major Night Elf character we know of grew up speaking the exact same language that Nightborne like Thalyssra and Ellisande did.

I really dont care if they end up speaking Darnassian or not, but I don't think it's impossible for them to.
11/07/2017 02:58 PMPosted by Cártian
11/07/2017 11:34 AMPosted by Irenaus
No it doesn't. The Nightborne have been living in isolation for 10,000 years. Much like the High/Blood Elves, their language changed from that time.

This makes sense for a species that doesn't live that long, yes, but almost every major Night Elf character we know of grew up speaking the exact same language that Nightborne like Thalyssra and Ellisande did.

I really dont care if they end up speaking Darnassian or not, but I don't think it's impossible for them to.

I thought that when I quested in Suramar. I would have understood if all those nightborne were relatively young but all their leaders were actually Night Elves so did they all forgot how to speak Darnassian? What's the deal with that?
I imagine like Pandaren and Demon Hunters, that Void Elves and Blood Elves will share a language. I think the main thing is that the Horde doesn't have a race that speaks Common, and the Alliance doesn't have a race that speaks Orcish.