Recent Actions Against Terms of Use Violations

General Discussion
We’ve recently taken action against a number of accounts that were that were found to be using third-party programs that automate gameplay. These programs (commonly called cheats, bots, or hacks) automate certain aspects of gameplay, or provide unintended advantages and abilities to the player. This type of cheating undermines other players' experience and severely upsets the balance of the game environment.

As a reminder, in order to ensure fair play and competitive integrity, we closely monitor these and other activities that violate the Terms of Use.

We’re committed to providing an equal and fair playing field for everyone in World of Warcraft, and will continue to take action against those found in violation of our Terms of Use. Cheating of any form will not be tolerated.
Sweet and thank you.
Good riddance.
Sorry about that. It won't happen again.
I hope they were mainly blood DK's on argus
Just taking out the trash, i love you Ythisens.
Atta boy Ythisens ;)
Only bad players bot anyway, less fecal matter to wade through in my day to day wow life now, good job. ^.^
I hope those dk bots are gone on argus are gone now
Now that this is done. Give my DH more BURST ...
This could explain the lack of toons running mindlessly around Argus (and doing it badly) farming nodes and such. My heart is happy today :D

^5!!
Apparently this cover more than just few bot programs, people using certain model program got banned as well.

Glorious, wish I could laugh in my friend's face for saying it's unbannable.
Good job! Keep up the good work!
good job blizz
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! woot salty tears are the best!
10/13/2017 12:43 PMPosted by Leonisol
Apparently this cover more than just few bot programs, people using certain model program got banned as well.

Most likely anything that was modifying the memory space used by the WoW executable was caught. There's no legitimate reason to be doing that (legitimate being defined by "not breaking the ToS"), and 7.3 introduced a lot of changes to the client executable itself that seemed specifically targeted at blocking or catching such things being done.

My understanding is that previously, much of the work had to be done per-bot for detection -- but the changes likely made it much easier to detect anything modifying memory in general. So something that was purely cosmetic wouldn't have been worth the security team's time to combat before, but now it's just caught with the rest of them without any time investment.

(And just to assuage any worries, this sort of detection does not include things like voice, Steam, Twitch, etc. overlays -- those operate in a very different way, and not by modifying the memory space of the client executable.)

(Edit: Also if you're one for schadenfreude like I am, ban waves are always delicious times.)
Thank you!
10/13/2017 12:33 PMPosted by Taliyahná
This could explain the lack of toons running mindlessly around Argus

Well I haven't finished at work yet...
Finally we might have prices become more realistic ..instead of affected by bots flooding the markets.

Now maybe lets fix Professions and make them worthy again
Nice one :)