Highmountain Tauren = Rip-Off as allied race

General Discussion
I'm looking forward to reading posts complaining about the Highmountain sprint/trample racial giving flag carriers an unfair advantage in the battlegrounds.
They are all rip offs.

Only Nightborne and Void elves are remotely "new", but even they are reused models.

I thought it would be cool to have a "dark iron" skin choice, as a regular dwarf, about 13 years ago. I'm not even that keen on them being a "new race."
Can't wait till they come out. I'll be leveling my third monk and making it my main for next expansion entirely because of the face paint options that allow me to make a black metal moose monk. Maybe name it Dimmooborgir. I'm still spitballing names.
Even though I was hoping for Yaungol, I'm happy with getting Highmountain. More Shu'halo is better than none
Yah, im not like super-excited about the added ally races, but i want to see where it goes from those allied races. Hopefully it will branch out to even more of them in the future, to quicker release schedules of new playable races in wow.

I want to see tuskarr and arrakoa and ogres rise up through the playable roster some day, and there are plenty of others to come in the future. the tolvir uldum cats, and the saberon.

All im saying blizzard, is we need every race playable some day dangit. Ill never forget the goblin playability announcement. I was like yes, freakin goblins. So hopefully it expands upon the reskins and adds more unique races to later on, and im sure blizzard will. My question is to, are they going to raise the account character limit of 50 characters per account to like 70 characters, because my account is full. I guess i could just buy another account. I look forward to seeing what this idea holds for the future of playable wow races.
My understanding is that the allied races aren’t “new” races, but subraces of existing playable races. Zanadalari are trolls, nightborne are really an offshoot of night elves, void elves are just blood elves with void ect.
I wanted something new period.

But seems the trending thing for the devs to rehash whats already in the game and call it "new"

I call it lazy and over done already.

12/23/2017 05:35 AMPosted by Pricklypears

My question is to, are they going to raise the account character limit of 50 characters per account to like 70 characters, because my account is full. I guess i could just buy another account. I look forward to seeing what this idea holds for the future of playable wow races.

I think they gonna give an extra 6 char slots one more for each re-skinned already in the game new allied race. So 6 more slots per server? IDK not quite sure to be honest.
11/03/2017 02:10 PMPosted by Volhoof
They are just different horns and some tattoos....

That's about all Lightforged Draenei get.

Except you can't see their tats because of armor.

And they lose the ability to choose their skin tone.
11/03/2017 02:10 PMPosted by Volhoof
They are just different horns and some tattoos.... And I have to level a whole new character from lvl 20 for that?!?!?

That's just a couple basic character customization options that should be added to all Tauren characters

Do you know the difference between two Scotsmen?

One could be a Highlander
One could be a Lowlander

Both are Scots

mostly everyone wants to be a Highlander
swords, mystical powers and the Gathering aside.
I'm race changing this drood to Highmountain tauren just because of the sweet, sweet tanking racials.

Not gonna lie tho, it's not worth it to actually level a toon from 20 to 120 just because it's a new race, so I'll probably play very little of BfA considering there's next to nothing in terms of actual expansion content in it.
Maybe the Nightborne or Zandalari can give you something to wipe your tears with. Really... you poor Horde... only one of your allied races was a phoned in joke. Alliance got three.
11/03/2017 02:17 PMPosted by Fran
Basic customization is a key feature in a WoW expansion in 2017. Let that sink in.

Everyone knows WoW has basically the worst character customization in the market.
Highmountain shaman and druids are worth the price of admission along.

Shaman totems look freaking amazing and the druid forms, Hello Moose travel are sexy AF.
"I'm a moose riding a moose; your argument is invalid." Love that it's an optional customization sub-race. It isn't entirely new but mining racial and need one as a druid.
I'm probably not going to level a toon from 1 to 110 so unless they eventually decide to let us boost these races or lower the level max level (from 110 to say 60), I will probably never use one of these races.
I think that’s kind of the point of allied races. They have slight variations that makes them different as a race.

Their lore background/culture, racials, mount, voice acting, emotes, tabard, slight customization options, and heritage armor all round out to give them new flavor to be a new race. That’s why we are getting six (plus they said more later).

Slightly reusing certain elements of assets already in game helps them pump out even more allied race options.

And even though the variations of customizable options are only slightly different, I still think the quality of the work they put forth on the allied races looks really good.

But that’s just my opinion. I currently plan on making a Nightborne, while my brother says he can’t wait to play LF draenei. So each race will appeal differently to each person playing WoW.
11/09/2017 10:14 PMPosted by Xellosciant

Alliance are here asking for Tauren. I mean come on. Tauren nomadic tribes split after War of the Ancients. The Tauren in Thunder Bluff are a tribe of the Highmountain Tauren. This is all in the lore. And THRALL saved them from extinction. And the Alliance captain after Lordaeron's fall told the elves to !@#$ on themselves. There should be no Alleria with the Alliance based on simple lore and history.

Tauren: Hey you just burned down a world tree!

Horde: Yep we sure did.

Tauren: Guess we are totally cool with that....

Blizzard: Lore and history, what is that?
Yeah these allied races aren't very appealing.
I already have the race change on this character bought on my account. Will be going Highmountain Tauren on day 1 of their release.
Maybe OP would be happier if they just let them play Grimtotem?