Blood Elfs not in the Cinematic?

General Discussion
I like to think that they are in the "rear with the gear" in a support role.

Just because we didn't physically see them, doesn't mean they aren't there.

Maybe the Gnomes were with some of the other races blocking a large group of Blood Elf reinforcements from reaching Lordaeron.

Maybe there were some Blood Elves there on the sides of the wall providing cover fire for the group troops.

Maybe the Goblins were inside building bombs to toss at the Alliance.

Frankly I don't know. But it seems all the races of Azeroth have a stake in this war, and them sitting out would just not make any sense. So I use my imagination and make up scenarios for their absence.
11/03/2017 08:16 PMPosted by Valdrane

Maybe the Gnomes were with some of the other races blocking a large group of Blood Elf reinforcements from reaching Lordaeron.

Maybe there were some Blood Elves there on the sides of the wall providing cover fire for the group troops.

Frankly I don't know. But it seems all the races of Azeroth have a stake in this war, and them sitting out would just not make any sense. So I use my imagination and make up scenarios for their absence.

maybe, but considering the lore power behind the Blood Mages ect, one would think have them on the wall throwing fire balls all over the place
The truth is, Elves never belonged on the Horde in the first place, which is why they don't bother showing us fighting along side them. With any luck the Alliance will purge Lordaeron of the Forsaken and the undead curse that lies upon it, as well as the demonic trash infesting Quel'thalas. I'm hoping Alleria Windrunner will take over Silvermoon and that it'll become a purified High Elf land again. These Void Elves don't interest me, but since blizz is intent on them being the allied race, I'm hoping they can shift back and forth between that rubbish form and a High Elf form, just like Alleria. It's about time the Alliance finally got High Elves back. I've been waiting for that since Warcraft II.
Eh i guessed those archers were her dark rangers not forsaken hunters. Guess i was wrong. I only saw it once when they showed it live. I'll have to check it out again in youtube
I've decided to write my own story about it. The gnomes and the blood elves, being two races known for the intellectual prowess, know that something is up. So while everyone is fighting (or being pressed into fighting, I refuse to believe Velen is sanctioning this voluntarily), the gnomes and the belfs are investigating Silithus to see if they can staunch the wound, and they then go on to discover the Old God influence that's turning everyone around them batcrap crazy.

I mean, it's better than nothing, right?
11/03/2017 07:45 PMPosted by Faradei
I have watched the cinematic a few times and trying to see any signs of Blood Elfs defending with the main horde force and I see none.

Maybe this was explained in the "What's next" panel (Saw something about Silvermoon city spared the Alliances advance, maybe Lor'themar was diplomatic *shrug*\

either way was hoping to see some Spell breakers, Blood Mages, Rangers or something tearing up the Alliance a bit.

Maybe bliz wanted that old Horde v Alliance theme and Blood Elfs do not fit that narrative anymore? (But why were Draenei there?!) eh anyway...

Also total lack of Dark rangers (not forsaken trained ones, the real ones you know undead High Elfs with the red eyes)

We didn't need to be shown. Our sexiness was felt miles aways. Just ask the Gnomes. Oh, how we tickled the feet of so many Gnomes that day. Especially the really cute lady Gnomes.

Pandas were still trying to eat bamboo shoots and kept getting the runs. Darwin genetics and such. The Goblins were at the bank peeing on a golden rug for some reason. Almost all of the Draenei were getting their hooves done at a spa.

Most of us Blood Elves were drinking in a bar in the Undercity. We had our phones turned off and didn't get the text that the Alliance was attacking until later, after the cinematic was filmed.

Whoops.
Well, the cinematic is only a glimpse of a moment showing Horde and Alliance coming to head in battle at Undercity.

We don't yet know whether this is the Alliance making a bold first move, (and thus inciting the Horde to burn Teldrassil further on), or whether it's an act of retaliation against the Horde kicking things off by burning Teldrassil. Or if it's someone else throwing a barrel of gasoline into the smoldering firewood of faction tensions.

They stated in one of the panels that one of the first warfronts (the new 20 player PVE, rts-inspired battling grounds) will be set in Arathi, where both factions will be fighting for control of Stromgarde. And they very briefly mentioned that Silvermoon would also be another place for the Horde to make their stand. So, I'm guessing that there will be more Blood Elf story centered on that, further down the line as the faction warfare progresses.
There is a surprising lack of pandaren on either side. What gives?
Maybe we finally killed that crap BELF race off, and both sides are fighting for the credit of doing it?

Take my money!
11/03/2017 11:00 PMPosted by Aubec
Maybe we finally killed that crap BELF race off, and both sides are fighting for the credit of doing it?

Take my money!

Try me Gnome!
No gnomes either... but that's hardly new.

Considering it seems Quel'thalas also doesn't get updated despite the fact we return to the old world, I feel very left out.
11/03/2017 10:34 PMPosted by Kosonga
There is a surprising lack of pandaren on either side. What gives?

I'm glad someone cares about our lack of representation. It would've been nice to see a monk punching out one of the Orcs or Humans or something along those lines.
Why wont anyone think of the Pandaren!?
It's a question I am kind of wondering about too. No word on whats going on with Silvermoon. But, that map they showed of the Eastern Kingdom didn't show Quel'thalas. In the trailer is shows pretty much all of the Eastern Kingdoms turning blue, but it fades to black just before you would see Quel'thalas. I get the feeling after the Undercity falls, that the survivors of the battle on the Horde get evacuated to Silvermoon. Likely we retreat to the portal right before the city falls.
Wish could have gotten more an answer for this beside Silvermoon is cut off somehow.
11/03/2017 08:16 PMPosted by Valdrane

Blood Elves still have spellbreakers which would counter all spell casters the Alliance have.
That trailer was shot on a classic server, sorry you dont exist yet.
Apparently the first scenario of the next expansion will plop us off right into that battle. We will be getting all the info we need, likely Sylvanas (for Horde) will fill us in on what is happening with Silvermoon.
Magic and tech weren't really shown. I think they wanted a big medieval battle with the focus on Sylvanas and Anduin rallying their troops. We saw some primal abities (shaman), but no warlocks, mages, or flying machines/seige tanks/zeppelins.

This battle could have been a hasty retaliation... but if Teldrassil burned, then wouldn't an enraged Tyrande be bringing down the wrath of Elune? Perhaps she's at the gates of Silvermoon with most of the alliance magic and tech users. Or perhaps all elves are mad about the tree and BEs forces are standing down until their homeland is attacked.

As others said, this is a just part of the battle. Sylvanas just reaches the battlements at the start. She may have come from a blood elf defensive area or from checking plague bombs.
Let's all agree that it was badass to finally see some troll love since the BC cinematic of a troll riding a raptor for 2secs.