This expansion is aimed for disaster.

General Discussion
Blizzard really can't tell this type of story because NO SIDE can win. Half the playerbase plays each side, which means it'll forever be a stalemate, and if somehow one side does win, it'll be the saltiest sea of salt that Azeroth has ever seen. Can you imagine if the Horde completely sacks Stormwind, kills the likes of Khadgar, Turalyon, Genn, Jaina, etc? What happens if it's vice versa, that Alliance ends up killing a bunch of Horde leaders? If it's a stalemate the entire expansion, it's disappointing. If the Alliance wins, Horde gets super pissed off. If the Horde wins, Alliance gets super pissed off. No matter what happens, this expansion's storyline will end in negativity.

Now with that said ... TOTALLY PRE-ORDERING! And I'm excited!

I mean sure I'm sad that there'll be no worgen models for awhile, but I'm thinking of rolling those epic void elves for awhile. They look amazing, and will keep me sated until my dear worgens come. But is anyone else feeling this expansion is just going to end up being one of the most hated expansions ever? The PVP'ers are up in arms about the toggle PVP for every single server. The storyline I feel will just totally piss a lot of people off all around. The content, can't really say yet how that'll turn out.
Well, neither side should really win.

It's kind of like how the media doesn't want the left or the right to win.. because they make money from the fighting, not from any resolution to it.
Yes
Well I mean, I figure it'll just be like MoP was. We'll fight each other for a couple of patches with some other miscellaneous threats and then some big bad will show up. We know that Azshara is going to show up later in the expansion, they actually said so.

So horde/alliance fight each other into a stalemate, big bad shows up, have to fight big bad, yada yada same story as before.

Expansion looks awesome, and I mean that legitimately.
11/03/2017 11:14 PMPosted by Snowfox

It's kind of like how the media doesn't want the left or the right to win.. because they make money from the fighting, not from any resolution to it.

The media can demonize the opponent of whatever hand feeds them. They are not opposed to wanting one side to win as they can still sell stories about what side is awesome/trash.

Look at the effectiveness of ancient media. People still argue over politics from 2000 years ago.
Those of us who weren't here from the beginning don't even know what we're fighting for. It seems to me when the player base has shrunk a lot that maybe it's a better idea to enable players remaining to get together more easily than try to maintain the divide.
that cinematic is enough for me to buy it
It's about the journey, not the destination.
11/03/2017 11:19 PMPosted by Elaice
11/03/2017 11:14 PMPosted by Snowfox

The media can demonize the opponent of whatever hand feeds them. They are not opposed to wanting one side to win as they can still sell stories about what side is awesome/trash.

Look at the effectiveness of ancient media. People still argue over politics from 2000 years ago.

Caesar did nothing wrong!
We will fight among ourselves till the next big threat, considered it a break from oldgods/crazy titans/ all consuming void/mad hatter warchiefs
Look at the color of the new expansion's logo. It's alliance-like. Alliance will win (again). Horde lost in MoP, remember? Sure, they had the players conveniently switch sides at the end, but we very much lost.
11/03/2017 11:16 PMPosted by Vadimier
Well I mean, I figure it'll just be like MoP was. We'll fight each other for a couple of patches with some other miscellaneous threats and then some big bad will show up. We know that Azshara is going to show up later in the expansion, they actually said so.

So horde/alliance fight each other into a stalemate, big bad shows up, have to fight big bad, yada yada same story as before.

Pretty much exactly what I'm expecting as well.