Hey Alliance players!...

General Discussion
1 2 3 9 Next
I have a question, a very little and non-aggressive question.

Why do you like the Alliance? I mean, I main Horde and I'm just leveling my first non-horde character (human mage) and I must admit it has a different "taste"

So I made this Topic in order to ask every one of you what do you like about playing an Alliance Character?

In my short experience I been have a very "majestic" feeling the first time I steep in Stormwind and a very classic-Lord of the Rings feeling all along the first leveling chapters

I'm having a blast so far
I play both factions because I don't like having half of a story. I don't really have a reason beyond that; I like both factions equally and think the races of both are really interesting in some ways.

Also I just really love draenei. Their story is very sad to me and I'm glad that Velen is finally getting some action.
Night Elves and Draeneis are the best races in the game, imo. And they are Alliance.

Night Elves especially. I love basically everything of them. Sans maybe Tyrande's cold heart sometimes.
http://www.darklegacycomics.com/590

Go Horde or whatever.

Really just go elfs.
gnomes...

if horde had gnomes i'd be a horde gnome
Have you SEEN Ironforge?! If you did, you'd not only main a dwarf, you might even marry one.
For me it is not really liking one over another. When I started playing the people who got me into it were alliance so that is where I rolled. I have looked into doing a faction transfer but would lose a whole lot on achievements that I really do not feel like grinding back... so, stuck here LOL
Would it be weird to say there have been very few times I DIDN'T enjoy the Alliance?

During WC2 I enjoyed it. I think back then it was a bit more their buildings. All my friends loved Horde. It was different, being able to play the, 'Evil,' side and it appealed to them but I didn't really care a whole lot for how their buildings looked. Later on in WC3, even though the Alliance was ultimately torn down and dragged through the mud, I found myself liking it even more. It was imperfect, flawed, and intriguing because of it. Again, most of my friends loved the Horde, the whole redemption story. I found it kind of boring and hypocritical.

When WoW came out, again, I found myself liking the Alliance. Most of it. I didn't care too much for the Night Elves at the time. They didn't really feel, 'Alliance.' Considering I've always enjoyed mages in my games, their extreme prejudice towards magic probably didn't help. I tried the Horde back in Vanilla as well, but again, I didn't enjoy it. Again, it felt very Hypocritical, a lot of saying one thing and doing the exact opposite.

Then came BC and my favorite race ended up on the Horde, while the Alliance got a race that ended up retconning major aspects of the Lore. I wasn't thrilled, but I was willing to give it a shot. I rolled my Blood Elves and enjoyed level 1-20... and then I had to leave Quel'Thalas and everything was a chore until level 60, at which point it became tolerable once more Blood Elf stuff came into the picture.

Meanwhile, on the Alliance, I tried Draenei, but wasn't exactly too thrilled either. They came off as the ultimate Mary Sue race, period. Until BC, each race of the Alliance had something it uniquely excelled at. For the Humans, it was the Light and Magic. For the Gnomes it was Technology and Magic. For the Dwarves it was craftsmanship. For the Night Elves, it was environmental awareness and balance coupled with their long lives giving them immense experience. And then the Draenei were added and they did ALL these things 1,000x better than every other Alliance race. They're older than the oldest Night Elves by well over twice those Night Elves' age, they've forgotten more magic than races on Azeroth are ever likely to know, their technology is so advanced it can travel through space, and they craft things the Dwarves couldn't begin to comprehend.

Yeah, BC was a time I did not enjoy the Alliance.

Wrath came around and I was thrilled to see Dalaran back, and especially thrilled that my Blood Elves could go there. It made it very, very tolerable to have my Blood Elves stuck on the Horde since I could largely forget that. For the Alliance side, I liked a lot of the new buildings and such. I especially liked the Draenei being downplayed, due to the above mentioned issues I had with the race.

Cataclysm hit, and I began to slowly loathe the Horde and being stuck on it with my Blood Elves. Worgen were neat and I leveled one, but they were largely forgotten after their starting zone and Blood Elves were still my favorite race. At the end of Cataclysm, I stopped playing in a dedicated fashion. I completely skipped MoP, and came back for two months over the course of WoD. It's been three for Legion.

I find myself enjoying the Alliance still. My main is a human, but ultimately I never stay for more than a few months. My favorite race is on the wrong faction, and I just can't enjoy the game doing the Horde side of it.
I choose the Alliance because it has worgen. I'm more loyal to worgen than the Alliance hahaha.

However, I do like the overall architecture of the Alliance over Horde it just is more appealing to me. However, I do really like Forsaken architecture for it's dark tone, and then I like Blood Elf architecture.

Overall I like the Alliance more, but Horde is still cool. I actually think Horde quests are more interesting and better written, at least the ones I've done so far.
10/11/2017 06:18 PMPosted by Seziz
I have a question, a very little and non-aggressive question.

Why do you like the Alliance? I mean, I main Horde and I'm just leveling my first non-horde character (human mage) and I must admit it has a different "taste"

So I made this Topic in order to ask every one of you what do you like about playing an Alliance Character?

In my short experience I been have a very "majestic" feeling the first time I steep in Stormwind and a very classic-Lord of the Rings feeling all along the first leveling chapters

I'm having a blast so far

Basically I played dwarves on the Alliance side and goblins on The Horde side because I like the two races. The Goblins are absolutely hysterical in there intro story is really detailed at way more than what I've seen with the other character races. Blizzard put a lot of humor and personality into the goblins and their storyline and I really enjoy that. The dwarves well they're kind of like a cardboard box sitting out in the rain you just kind of look at it your brain just goes blank. Kind of like eating unsalted crackers but I love dwarves in fantasy so I suffer through the mundane just to play the race. As someone else said I I do like having both sides. It's kind of neat to play The Alliance and then once you played it for a while play The Horde. I was looking at horde as if they were the evil side but apparently that's not the way it actually works politically in the game. I think it's kind of like the cold war between the US and Russia way back when. Lots of good people on both sides almost hating each other and lots of them probably didn't even know why. I don't think I like one side or the other any better but I do like the Goblins best just because they have so much freaking personality.
That steaming pile of scum and pervery called Ogrimar.
Stormwind>Orgrimar
I don't like the Alliance, I like draenei and sometimes night elves.
For myself,

I like the style of Alliance, in terms of architecture / design.

I think as well, in terms of conduct and order / military precision at least for the human races it resembles roman / phalanx, where orcs seem organized a bit slap hazardly and chaotic.

Granted there are advantages / disadvantages of both war styles, I just like the organized one better.

However, I'd say the Horde are pretty dominant in PVP with their chaos tactics / guerrilla warfare.

Organization has a means to slow big machines down. Where hit and run can be more effective.
Idgaf about faction, I just like worgen druids
Dwarfs be best don't Ya know, with space goats a close second.

My main and one alt both alliance, tried horde but could not get into it.

I just like what I like.
Because the glorious Alliance is better in every conceivable way possible.

Organization, Lore, Aesthetics, Races, Colors, Symbol, leaders, morals, cities, elves, everything.
WC3 was my first introduction to a "dark elf". I fell in love with them and the lore of nelfs during the launch of vanilla. After abusing the shadowmeld racial for a decade+ I can't stand not having that supreme racial. Also, imo, female nelf hunter ftw.

Just my 2c
10/11/2017 07:04 PMPosted by Averyx
Because the glorious Alliance is better in every conceivable way possible.

Organization, Lore, Aesthetics, Races, Colors, Symbol, leaders, morals, cities, elves, everything.
Uh no.

Just so much no.
10/11/2017 07:04 PMPosted by Averyx
morals

Haha.