Your Favorite Halloween / Scary Movies

Arenas
I did the headless horseman LFG the other day and it made me nostalgic, not only for all of the many past years where I farmed the instant cast broom for arenas and BGs, but also for scary movies.

What are some of your favorite scary movies? Here are a few of mine:

1- The Exorcist, still scary all these years later.
2. All of the Evil Dead movies, even the remake
3. The Romero zombie movies were also cool, but...
4. The 80s movie Return of the Living Dead and the remake of Dawn of the Dead
are my faves. The 28 days later movies are good too.
5. Pmuch any John Carpenter movie, e.g. The Thing, Prince of Darkness,
The Fog

Edit: Gotta add Cabin in the woods too
Shrek
The return of jafar
Church of Fudge
Hocus Pocus, Halloweentown movies (nostalgia), John Carpenter movies as you mentioned, Scream movies (3rd one sucked), the Scream TV show, Slasher on Netflix, anything Wes Craven
Jeepers Creepers. I’ve watched Jeepers Creepers since I was 3 years old.

I also really liked the Insidious movies.
10/21/2017 01:09 PMPosted by Therrick
Hocus Pocus
Only Halloween movie that matters tbh
I watch a lot of horror movies ... The two that stood out the most to me recently were:

1) Train to Busan - beware it is in Korean w/ subtitles but didn't matter at all to me. Zombie Apocolypse movie where the zombies are actually 10/10 scary AF. The character development is also 10/10

2) Hush - very simple plot - crazy guy tries to kill girl in a cabin. However, girl is deaf & mute. High stress, suspense & anxiety type movie.
propel 1
The Witch, The Conjuring, Hellraiser, Insidious, Cube, Nightmare on Elm st (the original), Babadook, It Follows, The Shining, Sinister [REC] the spanish version
The nightmare before christmas

Still not sure if it counts as Halloween or Christmas movie tho
10/23/2017 09:09 AMPosted by Lindrexoxo
I watch a lot of horror movies ... The two that stood out the most to me recently were:

1) Train to Busan - beware it is in Korean w/ subtitles but didn't matter at all to me. Zombie Apocolypse movie where the zombies are actually 10/10 scary AF. The character development is also 10/10

2) Hush - very simple plot - crazy guy tries to kill girl in a cabin. However, girl is deaf & mute. High stress, suspense & anxiety type movie.

O man Lindre, I fully agree. I loved Train to Busan! I generally am too lazy to read subtitles, but that movie was awesome. I watched it with other asians who speak South Korean language (I am half Filipino) and they tell me that the guy with the pregnant wife is a big movie star there. The movie was just great.

Hush was really good too.

Check out Tucker and Dale vs Evil. It's tongue in cheek, but the freakin english actor dude who was in a ton of movies, including one of my faves, A Knight's Tale, is in there. It's not so much scary but good stuff. Funny et al.

So many good horror movies if you look hard.
10/23/2017 11:11 AMPosted by Notsolace
The Witch, The Conjuring, Hellraiser, Insidious, Cube, Nightmare on Elm st (the original), Babadook, It Follows, The Shining, Sinister [REC] the spanish version

Yep!
10/23/2017 09:09 AMPosted by Lindrexoxo

Ringu?
Sleepaway Camp
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086320/

Candyman: Day of the Dead
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0165662/

Leprechaun
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107387/

Hellraiser
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093177/

and your usual candidates like halloween (even the remakes),friday the 13th and nightmare on elm street.
Trick R Treat is awesome. Watch it every year.
10/23/2017 04:24 PMPosted by Sandwhich
Tucker and Dale vs Evil.

Great fun. Wish they made more movies like this lol would def recommend to someone around Halloween time that doesn't want a real spook
10/23/2017 04:28 PMPosted by Sandwhich
Ringu?

Should I?

The other I forgot to mention that was a 9/10 for me was Dont Breathe. Gets a little wierd but an edge of your seat, nail biting thrill.
Tucker and Dale vs Evil.

Great fun. Wish they made more movies like this lol would def recommend to someone around Halloween time that doesn't want a real spook
Ringu?

Should I?

The other I forgot to mention that was a 9/10 for me was Dont Breathe. Gets a little wierd but an edge of your seat, nail biting thrill.
10/24/2017 08:26 AMPosted by Lindrexoxo
Tucker and Dale vs Evil.

Ringu?

Should I?

We like the same kinds of movies it looks like. The dude Stephen Lang in that movies is 65 years old and is still beast mode. He's been in a lot of stuff to include Avatar.

I really liked Ringu and Ju-on (the grudge) in Japanese. My problem with subtitles is that I'm lazy. I read all freakin day long as an attorney and when I sit down with a drink I really don't feel like reading anymore. But those two were good.

Another fun movie is Cooties. It has the hobbit guy Elijah Wood and the crazy dude from the Office in it re an elementary school that becomes infected by chicken nuggets and become Zombies looolo. The teachers run like hell the whole movie.
10/21/2017 01:08 PMPosted by Foxfighter
Church of Fudge

I looked this up because I had no idea what you were talking about.

And thanks to you, now I am scarred forever. Sick, not in a good way. High-five, thanks.