Starting Zones for Nelf,Undead,Belf,Draenei?

General Discussion
Although this idea with making Kalimdor horde-dominated and Eastern Kingdoms alliance-dominated while allowing both factions to quest there together with the level-scaling zones and world quests is really good and will finally make the previous expansions relevant again but how will they handle the starting zones of Night Elves, Undead, Blood Elves and Draenei? Will Undead and Blood Elves get new zones in Kalimddor and Night Elves and Draenei new zones in Eastern Kingdoms or will they go with splitting their zones in different phases? Because that would be very complicated in this case.
"Q: Now that the continents are split - how are things like Undercity in Alliance territories going to work?
A: Chronology is tied to leveling, generally - so we don't want to take away from the old fiction but at max level you can then be bummed about bad things happening to Undercity (for example)"
They're phased based on level like Theramore is.

Also, draenei and blood elves aren't losing their cities because they're well defended by OP spaceships and magic shields.
You won't see the changes until max level. So those starting areas will remain the same.
The old-world zones will remain as they are for characters under level 110. Characters 110-120 will see them in their BfA states. No word yet on whether you can flip to the other one, although I would sincerely hope so (for buddy leveling if nothing else).
11/04/2017 04:10 AMPosted by Orctar
"Q: Now that the continents are split - how are things like Undercity in Alliance territories going to work?
A: Chronology is tied to leveling, generally - so we don't want to take away from the old fiction but at max level you can then be bummed about bad things happening to Undercity (for example)"

Can i get a link to where these questions were asked please.
Great, so there goes a max level helping any newbies out. They will be phased from each other.

There goes max levels going out in to the world to farm old xmogs.

Why did they have to go and touch and ruin old content why can't they just leave it alone and focus on new things instead?

Rehashing the same old thing to make it new does NOT make a new expansion :/
My fear is that Blizzard is turning WoW into the model where all Alliance and Horde have a singular start zone, like every other MMO, and IMO this is a terrible move.

One of the distinctive features of WoW is *racial* identity. You start WoW as a Troll, an Orc, a Night Elf, a Worgen FIRST, faction second. Every other MMO just lumps every "race" into a single start experience and it makes picking races pointless.

Now, Blizzard did drop the ball by sending both Draenei and Worgen to Kalimdor, when Worgen at the very least should have been reconciled to Stormwind by the end of their start zone experience. That way you get Night Elf/Draenei, Human/Worgen, Dwarf/Gnome all sharing similar 10-20 leveling experience.

Blizzard is not going to create new start zones for the displaced races. They will jam everyone into a singular start zone and take away one of the signature elements that made WoW the only MMO that I remain deeply invested in. With the changes to Kalimdor, I am not even interested in leveling a sub-race. I *LOATHE* Eastern Kingdoms leveling. My "home" is in Kalimdor. If I can't level there, I won't level a new toon at all, and I really, really miss leveling and questing, as now I have a total of 11 toons at 110 and have been itching for an excuse to go back and dabble with the low-level content again.
Why is everyone acting like the timeline sharding and phasing just came out like 2 minutes ago?

They've been doing this since Cata/MoP...there's no excuse for the ignorance.