For those that never played Classic.

Classic Discussion
Just a fun thing to add for those that never played Vanilla or forgot about please add on if I miss something.

Warriors : Questing to unlock stances, titans grip was not a thing, prot warriors did not have a charge until went into Battle Stance. (small bug mana potions use to give rage prob will be fixed) they also had weapon special such as Mace with a 2sec stun i believe, sword with a chance at an extra slash and axe for more (something been awhile)

Hunters: Had minimum range cannot have mobs in melee range be to close, Had ammo/arrows also taming pets say a level 50 tames a level 5 you had to level up the pet to 50 it is not instantly boosted to your level along with leveling loyalty and feeding them each death made them grow more unhappy and eventually abandon you as well quest to learn how to tame and volley and Mana.

Rogues: Needed blind weed to use Blind and vanishing powder to vanish(if i remember correctly and reagents for poison crafting)
level up their lockpicking as well.

Druids: Needed to quest to get their forms as well needing Maple seeds of sorts to Battle Rez. Forget the reagent used for Mark of the Wild.

Priests: Dwarf priests (i think shadow) gave fear ward. Troll priests had shadow Orbs. Need Holy Candles for buffs such as Power Ward Fortitude then of course Inner Fire for armor.

Paladins: Had to quest to unlock their Redemption(rez) ability as well their mount(S), wreckoning bomb was over powered some would abuse it cannot forget getting yelled at for having Crusader Aura on but you will have Fire,Frost,Arcane,Retribution,Devotion Aura if I remember.
and of course Holy Candles to buff Wisdom, Kings, Might.

Shamans: Had to quest to get their Spata to see spirits to get their totems and 2hand enhancement was a thing than (do not remember much) but also must have Ahnks to self-rez.

Warlocks: Needed to quest to obtain their Minions along with having to collect tons of soul shards, as well for questing to obtain their mount if I recall their final chain for Fel Steed was within Dire Maul, everyone loved warlocks for their summoning ability and you also get Demon Skin again.

Mages: Do not play Fire Spec in Molten core for all mobs are immune and will resist every fire attack. If I recall Frost was the way to go if geared Arcane (could be wrong) Arcane Runes used to buff Arcane Brilliance. Mages made a ton of money back than porting everyone around.

Also Profs :

Herbalism gave a special ability such as Lifebloom or Lifeblood forget what it is called. It gave a Haste buff for its duration along with healing overtime.

Mining gave I believe it was Strength or Stamina as a perk.

Skinning gave Crit as a perk.

Alchemy made a ton of gold than because everyone needed healing and mana potions as well Battle and Guardian Elixirs it followed up well with a Mage making the most gold back than (if I am not mistaking)

PvE: Back than you had to quest to get attunements done to raid such as entering Molten Core and Blackwing Lair you also had to obtain keys to get into the Scarlet Mon Cathedral Side as well for Armory, a key for getting into Scholomance and the back entry to Stratholme and Diremaul including needing an item to access the last boss in Maraudon I believe the scepter (forget name along with hammer for ZF)

Weapon skill leveling: Warriors/Rogues able to use Guns/Bows/Crossbows Hunters able to use 1handers and a ranged weapon can dual wield daggers/swords/axes depending of the 3 you picked such as a warrior a gun/bow/crossbow was mostly a stat filler and used for LoS same for rogue, a hunter using 1handers or staff/polearm was mostly a stat filler as well but you did have Wing Clip,Mongoose Bite,Raptor Strike.

I know there is a ton more to add but I will let the lot of you fill in to I know I am missing some.
i don't remember what patch it was changed, but you couldn't speak to npcs in a shapeshift form, you had to shift out to talk to them

Also Profs :

Herbalism gave a special ability such as Lifebloom or Lifeblood forget what it is called. It gave a Haste buff for its duration along with healing overtime.

Mining gave I believe it was Strength or Stamina as a perk.

Skinning gave Crit as a perk.

Alchemy made a ton of gold than because everyone needed healing and mana potions as well Battle and Guardian Elixirs it followed up well with a Mage making the most gold back than (if I am not mistaking)

I don't think those profession perks were added until Wrath, also Guardian and Battle Elixirs weren't a thing until a patch in TBC
Remember having to buy books to continue your first aid training? I even remember where the vendor was that sold them lol.
UBRS was a 15 man dungeon at one point, then reduced to 10. Either one of these numbers is fine.
Right right true now that I think about it you might be right on the Prof perks as well the elixirs. I just some how remember getting the Elixir of growth which made me think lol I never really did prof to be honest I just now started them back in Warlords they never really drawn me into them.

But I will be doing everything Classic this time around no laziness lol
Professions didn't give perks until TBC iirc. Some races benefitted more from choosing certain professions though, ie Tauren get +5 herbalism skills.

For Alliance, prepare to cry for your Onyxia attunement. It involves a long, long quest chain; head into BRD to speak to an NPC, head back out to turn in, head back in to pick up a random drop letter, go back to the NPC, go further into the dungeon and kill two bosses, come back to the NPC, clear everything - and I mean everything - in the ring, go back to the NPC then pray to every god you know of that no one starts it before you've turned in.
Reading your list I'm thinking you didn't play classic XD
11/07/2017 03:34 PMPosted by Lagrosse
Remember having to buy books to continue your first aid training? I even remember where the vendor was that sold them lol.

You had to buy a book to learn silk bandages. You had to do a quest to learn Mageweave bandages. I don't remember about runesilk or w/e it was called.
For awhile, warriors could survive a fall from any height by being in defensive stance. I remember doing this often when jumping off the edge of tanaris into un'goro.
I would add -

Warriors- Literally every fight, leveling up, will be a near death encounter. Heavy armor??? Might as well be wearing tissue paper.
11/07/2017 03:46 PMPosted by Alecticia
11/07/2017 03:34 PMPosted by Lagrosse

You had to buy a book to learn silk bandages. You had to do a quest to learn Mageweave bandages. I don't remember about runesilk or w/e it was called.

Runecloth just required high enough skill and paying the trainer.
Threat meter? Is that some sort of DPS thing?
11/07/2017 03:45 PMPosted by Diggitydave

Agreed, half the stuff he said is waaaay off base/described in a way where he knows nothing about vanilla.
I kinda want to warrior tank, but I'm a priest at heart

We will see

have a 53 priest and 31 warrior on nost/elysium/light's hope w/e its call now
11/07/2017 03:45 PMPosted by Diggitydave

Nah I did <- tabard from naxx event (not BC event that one has a use ability) but in all seriousness I did but not like that I was not the brightest lol school and was only 12 so did not really raid aside from ZG20 now that I am older I can fix my mistakes I did in the past I will shamefully admit.

But hey I am sure a lot of people young and old make mistakes at least we can all learn from our mistakes now and relive Classic but better now we are more knowledgeable lol
11/07/2017 03:50 PMPosted by Cyrgle
I would add -

Warriors- Literally every fight, leveling up, will be a near death encounter. Heavy armor??? Might as well be wearing tissue paper.
Leveling a Warrior was only efficient if you could snag a very powerful weapon for your level and slap Fiery Weapon on it, or better yet, Crusader. You were a god as Arms at 44 with a Crusadered Kang.
A lot of these points aren't even classic. A lot of these things were TBC or WOTLK.
11/07/2017 03:59 PMPosted by Ossira
A lot of these points aren't even classic. A lot of these things were TBC or WOTLK.

Idk if worth the effort but.

Most of these were in classic it is hard to say who did classic and who didn't without phyiscal proof. But I wont argue I know it is hard to tell if someone did or not I know I did classic but not like that so good enough for me. At least a classic server is coming out again it is all that matters now we all can say we played classic :P lol