Pet Treats not stacking anymore?

Pet Battles
Anyone else not able to get them to stack? I keep getting "A more power spell is active" and the 50% treat till override the 25% one.
Not just you, it is totally happening to me. I was using both buffs just fine yesterday. Maybe they implemented a nerf? So sad if that's the case, we been able to stack double buffs for a long time.
Just so you know some idiot found an exploit where you could infinitely stack pet treats and posted about it on known exploiting forums.

Looks like now what they have done is totally disallowed stacking of any kind for the pet treats.

If this stays this way for super squirt I am going to be REALLY pissed.

Exploiters who do the wrong thing should get punished, not the rest of us who want to do innocent normal pet battling like we always have (with 2 treats allowed to stack.)
10/13/2017 06:09 PMPosted by Missunknown
Just so you know some idiot found an exploit where you could infinitely stack pet treats and posted about it on known exploiting forums.

Looks like now what they have done is totally disallowed stacking of any kind for the pet treats.

Exploiters who do the wrong thing should get punished, not the rest of us who want to do innocent normal pet battling like we always have (with 2 treats allowed to stack.)
So someone found an exploit, I see. Ya I was just talking about the two treats. To be honest I haven't noticed to much of a difference with doing the trainer dailies, seems like roughly around the same levels I would get before. Now for normal battles I wouldn't know, it also might be more noticeable when the Pet bonus weekly is done.
Slightly ruins my plans for this week, my lvl 14 pets only go to 24 after 1 trainer so have to either use a stone or do one more battle. 2 trainers should still bring a pet to 25 I think.
Well that makes the "sausages" (lesser pet treats) my Zookeeper enchant drops useless. They were only useful for stacking (one) with one of the better enchants.

totally agree, BUT, if your a serious pet battler we all have all our pets leveled and blued long ago by now, and its far easier now to level pets with the pet week that it ever was back when I and most others did it ;-)
10/13/2017 08:18 PMPosted by Ccloudstlkr

totally agree, BUT, if your a serious pet battler we all have all our pets leveled and blued long ago by now, and its far easier now to level pets with the pet week that it ever was back when I and most others did it ;-)

Ya I have around 882 pets at max level. I AM a serious pet battler. They have been blue/leveled for a long time.

Doesn't change the fact that I have been hoarding all the new pets from this last patch to be able to level using super squirt. Because I am a "serious pet battler" it makes me much less motivated to level pets the old way and instead look forward to and capatalize on things like super squirt.

Now it looks like exploiters have ruined it for everyone, serious pet battlers or not.
10/13/2017 07:51 PMPosted by Kaimilka
Well that makes the "sausages" (lesser pet treats) my Zookeeper enchant drops useless. They were only useful for stacking (one) with one of the better enchants.

I wouldn't mind seeing an exchange option for treats. Trade a few 25% treats (Lesser) for one 50% treat at the vendor, or something like that. Since it's not as efficient using Lesser ones when better treats are available, might as well let us convert them.
10/13/2017 01:53 PMPosted by Icelin
Not just you, it is totally happening to me. I was using both buffs just fine yesterday. Maybe they implemented a nerf? So sad if that's the case, we been able to stack double buffs for a long time.

Archvaldor published a guide showing that if you unstacked the treats in your bags, then you could apply more than 2 treat buffs at a time, ultimately achieving insta-leveling to 25 with enough treats. It didn't seem like an efficient use of pet charms to me, but then I guess if you're making gold off of leveled pets and have a lot of charms or treats stockpiled, it might be.

Blizz must have hit the stacking with the nerf bat in order to quash the exploit. Hopefully it's only temporary until they fix the bug, or else it's impossible to fix it and keep the double stacking. I wish Blizz would stop overreacting so badly to exploits like these, but I guess they're trying to prevent these guys from ruining the game economy.
10/13/2017 09:16 PMPosted by Missunknown
Now it looks like exploiters have ruined it for everyone, serious pet battlers or not.

This is why we can't have nice things. >:( I noticed this earlier myself and was hoping it wasn't just me.
Well this just blows. I already had plans to go completely hardcore this week leveling pets since I've more or less neglected doing so for quite a while.

But this needs to be said. It goes to reason that if you're going to disallow something, do it correctly. I saw one of my Treat buffs was missing, went to reapply, and in doing so lost the Treat. No warning, no "a more power buff" message. It was just gone from my bags.

Haste makes waste.
Hopefully people are still reporting it through the ingame interface so it gets some eyes on this. I would hate for this to fall through the cracks.
Seriously, this sucks! i hate that guy! Stupid exploiters! Can we please have an update on if this is permanent or not? i work my schedule around super squirt and it is right around the corner! Man, this is terrible. What is wrong with those people? Can't we have anything nice without people pissing all over it?
with the 200% + hat and the 50% treat isn't is still 2 fights to 25 from level 1, the same as if you stacked?

Course that only helps on pet battle week if that is right, i hate math,lol.
10/14/2017 11:06 PMPosted by Studmuffyn
with the 200% + hat and the 50% treat isn't is still 2 fights to 25 from level 1, the same as if you stacked?

Course that only helps on pet battle week if that is right, i hate math,lol.

Frankly, I didn't think the hack was even legitimate, for several reasons. First, I tried stacking the buffs with two of the lesser treats according to Archvaldor's instructions and it didn't work, it just refreshed the buff as intended. Second, if you watch the video Archvaldor posted carefully, it's not working as he describes. "Visual bug" would be a generous description of what he's presenting. Third, the number of charms he's spending to insta-level a pet just isn't efficient. It only makes sense if you have a great many pet treats stockpiled and need to spend them. You'd be better off buying the stone, and that's if the speed at which normal pet leveling during Sign of the Critter really is too slow for you (and my goodness, that is impatience!). Finally, Archvaldor has posted "hacks" before that were really just untested ideas which didn't stand up to scrutiny. This one didn't pass my skepticism test.

Of course, since Blizz have now killed pet treats entirely, that leads me to believe that I was missing something and the bug was real. Unless, of course, Blizz just killed pet treats during Sign of the Critter/Super Squirt because Archvaldor said that a bug exists and they killed pet treats before even confirming the actual existence of the bug. Wouldn't that be the proverbial egg on the proverbial face!

I've got nothing against Archvaldor personally. I enjoy watching his videos, and sometimes I wish Blizz would cool their jets on nerfing exploits when it's bound to punish more players who are not exploiting than those who actually are, and most especially when the exploit isn't actually an efficient shortcut to anything. Anyone who actually does this with pet treats is too bad at math to make a good profit.
Don't they understand... We have 900+ pets to level... I've been working on this for years.... Now they went and nerfed our pet xp gains. This is devastating news
Thanks for the information, folks. I'd been using both the lesser and standard treats when I had them, enjoying the little extra XP provided. When that stopped working today, I came here trying to figure out why. I didn't realize that I was "exploiting" the game.
i heard back from a ticket i put in about this, asking if it was permanent or if it was temporary, and the person was not helpful at all. "The developers said it was working as intended", was all i got. Of course they don't actually answer what i asked and give me some BS response that doesn't resolve anything.

It's a stealth nerf at this point since they haven't announced it yet in any form and that's pretty unfair on their part, so i have asked them about getting refunds for the lessers. i suggest everyone do the same. This behavior on Blizzard's part is not acceptable.

i understand killing the buff, but i stop understanding where they say, "Well, i guess if you have a bunch of lessers, you're just screwed and we don't care how you feel about it."
10/15/2017 03:01 PMPosted by Florencelse
i heard back from a ticket i put in about this, asking if it was permanent or if it was temporary, and the person was not helpful at all. "The developers said it was working as intended", was all i got. Of course they don't actually answer what i asked and give me some BS response that doesn't resolve anything.

It's a stealth nerf at this point since they haven't announced it yet in any form and that's pretty unfair on their part, so i have asked them about getting refunds for the lessers. i suggest everyone do the same. This behavior on Blizzard's part is not acceptable.

i understand killing the buff, but i stop understanding where they say, "Well, i guess if you have a bunch of lessers, you're just screwed and we don't care how you feel about it."

yah sounds like you got a lazy GM:o(