Make Demonology Great Again

Warlock
Hoping for an overhaul for next expansion. I haven't enjoyed legion demo much at all (mainly because of demonic emp and tc), which is unfortunately because I love the class fantasy of it. Let's do this!
bring back metalock
Lol Demo has been complete garbage this entire expansion and Blizzard refuses to admit it or change it.

Makes you wonder if they ever play Demonology. Rotation is so clunky and stupid it makes you want to seppuku.

There's literally no Demonology players except for the rare casuals who "enjoy" playing Demo.

Thanks Blozzard!
Demo lock trash? I don't think so, this is only my perspective but I haven't have any issues with the rotation, nor it being "clunky"

Also shut it about demonic empowerment, why do you part of the description of demo lock is to BOLSTER demons? It's a viable spell, it's just.... Boring to use and see.
09/29/2017 11:46 PMPosted by Rulfric
Also shut it about demonic empowerment, why do you part of the description of demo lock is to BOLSTER demons? It's a viable spell, it's just.... Boring to use and see.

WoD tier set did a better job at all of what current demo is trying to do.
09/29/2017 07:02 PMPosted by Hotpwnsta
Lol Demo has been complete garbage this entire expansion and Blizzard refuses to admit it or change it.

Makes you wonder if they ever play Demonology. Rotation is so clunky and stupid it makes you want to seppuku.

There's literally no Demonology players except for the rare casuals who "enjoy" playing Demo.

Thanks Blozzard!
If your talking about rankings then i believe you me Destro has been in a poor spot all expac of the three specs its always been on the bottom sure it was in mythics but overall the top two dps specs have been affliction and demonology.

However demo was given an almost WoD treatment and was nerfed repeatedly while the other two specs received buffs, before the nerf bat that was 7.1.5 that started the swing from demo being the top to affliction because MG was given to them. Then followed 7.2.5 which saw multiple changed to both destruction and affliction. Granted the changes to destro were needed badly but overall demo was and still is in a better place in multiple fights.

Demo is in a decent spot as long as you geared correctly. As far as warlocks are concerned demo is the most gear dependent of the three. The learning curve is brutal for demo and as far as gearing is concerned if it doesn't have haste then it doesn't belong in your place that is the way its been all expac for demo. Sure the rotation is a busy rotation with a lot of things happening so there is addons that are required to make things easier.
Demo was good for like half a patch.

They were kings in arena for a short while too.
Demo was strong at the start of legion because the legion was invading and the demons were strong. Now that we are invading them its the other way around and demo is poop. It wasnt going to be strong the entire xpac and I doubt they will redo the entire spec as thats what they did with the Legion xpac.

If anything redo affliction, bring back baseline haunt and teleport along with soul link. Make UA actually hit hard if dispelled. Make Affliction great again!!
Demo was great, until the legion came.
I think Blizzard gave up on Legion Demo just like they did with WoD Demo, instead this time they didn't nerf the spec into oblivion so we wouldn't play it (I know people don't play it anyways, but it's still a perfectly viable spec if played right).

It would explain why they've done next-to-nothing in the patches to fix at least some of the issues with Demo, while Destro and Affliction both got significant changes.

Hopefully this means it'll get another rework next expansion, though. They did mention in a Q&A a few months back that they wanted to take Demo in a direction where you would summon less demons but they'd be a lot more powerful. Hopefully that's the case.
09/30/2017 11:29 AMPosted by Sarsoman
I think Blizzard gave up on Legion Demo just like they did with WoD Demo, instead this time they didn't nerf the spec into oblivion so we wouldn't play it (I know people don't play it anyways, but it's still a perfectly viable spec if played right).

It would explain why they've done next-to-nothing in the patches to fix at least some of the issues with Demo, while Destro and Affliction both got significant changes.

Hopefully this means it'll get another rework next expansion, though. They did mention in a Q&A a few months back that they wanted to take Demo in a direction where you would summon less demons but they'd be a lot more powerful. Hopefully that's the case.

Really hoping your theory turns out to be true
In an early Legion Q&A, Ion acknowledged our concerns about demo's playstyle:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/88435402?t=20m50s
09/30/2017 09:13 PMPosted by Forums

I've seen that like 5 times now, and every single time he really just talks around it and dodges the issue.
10/01/2017 06:13 AMPosted by Ebonymoon

I've seen that like 5 times now, and every single time he really just talks around it and dodges the issue.

He might not be able to comment too much about it until the next expansion announcement and when they've decided on a clear direction.
09/29/2017 11:46 PMPosted by Rulfric
Demo lock trash? I don't think so, this is only my perspective but I haven't have any issues with the rotation, nor it being "clunky"

I feel folks like you are hipster contrarians. I don't understand how you can enjoy the DE rotation of the spec and demonic summoning tied to shardgen. It's so erratic and unreliable. It's the least played spec for a reason. It's not for a lack of trying by the player base. You shouldn't need stringent gear requirements for it to feel remotely viable. It's horrible design.
So surprised that no one mentioned the single greatest problem with the spec that outweighs all the problems listed.

WE
SUMMON
AN
ARMY
OF
IMPS
I believe they don't know what to do with demo without it becoming overpowered. Remove DE and buff demons? Too much uptime summoning demons and passive damage. Remove DE and don't buff demons? Demo does no damage whatsoever. Keep DE? Spec is clunk and boring as hell.

The summoned demons are also meh: Imps and Dreadstalkers, how amazing. PvP has Fel Lord and the Observer, but they just add to the clunky style, for they feel more like totems than demons.

This was an year ago!
10/01/2017 01:14 PMPosted by Pérola
The summoned demons are also meh: Imps and Dreadstalkers, how amazing. PvP has Fel Lord and the Observer, but they just add to the clunky style, for they feel more like totems than demons.

THIS ^. Is the issue with this stupid class/spec. Why are demonology specialized warlocks out here summoning massive armies of lesser demons and our artifact is taunting and laughing at us the whole time about it all? Basically I'm reminded that a talking skull that deals a maximum of 3mil crit, every 45 seconds is a far superior demonologist than I'll ever be and that he didn't even need help summoning friends with his lock portal xD. I get the jokes, they are funny. And I actually LOVE how cool and talkative the artifact really is. But he is kinda right <.<... Demonology really is a joke of a summoner. We have no control over any demons of respectable power. Any of the cool demons on Argus I was thinking "OMG DUUUDE ARGUS IS GOING TO BE A TREASURE TROVE FOR DEMONOLOGY ^_^" Noooooope.... "immune... immune....immune...immune." Can I enslave any strong demons at all? "No.." *sad face*
I actually really enjoy PvP with legion demo *shrug* i think if they keep demonic empowerment going forward it should automatically give shards, and do damage. Basically it should replace shadow bolt. I do want meta back though!