Blizz devs crush bots

General Discussion
1 2 3 10 Next
Blizz devs totally pwned devs at the company that makes (made?) H**** *****. Massive banhammer.

I am enjoying the tears on the botting forums lol.

Thanks Blizz!

edit: took the name out. Still cheering though! Oh, the tears are flowing.
Might want to take the name out.

Are they QQ'ing again though? I do so love to see them have meltdowns. :D
The never ending game of cat and mouse.
Looks like they're hitting them with two and a half year bans. Lol.
They seem to range from 6 - 18 months, isn't it based on whether they've been caught before?

Good riddance. Cheaters.

edit: my favorite part is that ***** ***** was just updated a few days ago and Blizz crushed it immediately. The cat upped its game.
I don't know why Blizzard is so against botting when mission tables are basically the same thing.
I went to their forums and the QQ is great. And the best part? A lot of them don't even think they were doing anything wrong!
10/13/2017 06:22 AMPosted by Adelphie
I don't know why Blizzard is so against botting when mission tables are basically the same thing.

Stupid comment of the day. Good job.
10/13/2017 06:24 AMPosted by Rukwar

Having a computer go out and gather gold/rep/AP for you isn't botting?
Every time I gather an herb or ore node and someone else does at the same time, I have to ask myself, why exactly is it bad for someone to have software that gathers it for them so they don't have to waste their time with it? Oh yeah, it floods the economy.
I'm seeing a lot of BG botters complaining.

Why PvP if you're not going to actually PvP?

I hope that cleans up PvP for people for a period of time. Sadly, botters tend to start over and not change their behavior. But I am seeing a lot of comments of people stating they're not willing to risk this particular bot any longer.
10/13/2017 06:26 AMPosted by Adelphie

Having a computer go out and gather gold/rep/AP for you isn't bottin

No. If you dont see the difference then we have nothing to discuss.

Don't hurt yourself reaching that hard.
10/13/2017 06:26 AMPosted by Adelphie

No, it isn't botting. Mission tables = part of the game created by Blizz. Botting = third party program that plays the game instead of a player.

This comment is just ... unbelievable.
10/13/2017 06:28 AMPosted by Rukwar

The only difference I really see is one in scale. A bot program can get a lot more things than the bots in your class hall. They're still bots either way.
10/13/2017 06:20 AMPosted by Nastira
Looks like they're hitting them with two and a half year bans. Lol.
18 months. A year and a half, not two and a half.

Edit - Bans are ranging from the usual 6-month ban for first offenses. Repeat offenders (morons that didn't learn anything the first two times) are now seeing 18-month time-outs.

I cant imagine the idiocy it takes to compare these two things.
10/13/2017 06:30 AMPosted by Adelphie

The only difference I really see is one in scale. A bot program can get a lot more things than the bots in your class hall. They're still bots either way.

Your comments keep getting more and more inane. You really don't see the difference between a feature programmed into the game and using a third party bot?

PS: Do you really think your followers go out and run a mission? All the program does is start a timer then do a rng comparison with the mission % success rate. lolol.

And one involves peoples account being hacked.

If you want to whine about mission tables then go create a thread about mission tables. By calling them equivalent here you're just coming off as a troll (at best) or an idiot (at worst).

By that logic, our spells and abilities are bots because after we hit a button they do what they’re programmed to do.