Rhinestone sunglasses

General Discussion
Why are these not cosmetic? They keep showing up on the bmah for 500k min bid automatically but what is the point on spending half a million gold on an item you can't even transmog over your current head slot?
My male Blood Elf bank alt loves his Rhinestone Sunglasses paired with his lovely purple dress. Tucked is the prettiest bank alt in WoW. I also got a steal on his sunglasses. Someone must've made a mistake and posted them for 2000g.

Don't see why they couldn't be moggable.
I wish they were moggable. Too rare and expensive to be an item for Dalaran AFKing only :(

Meanwhile I use it to AFK in Dalaran lol
They are only intended for use by male Belf bank alts.

I have a pair of the glasses on mine.

/moo
10/16/2017 08:39 AMPosted by Mooriartee
They are only intended for use by male Belf bank alts.

I have a pair of the glasses on mine.

/moo

Male Belfs do not have an exclusive claim to `bank character fashion', thank you very much.
They should mark the glasses as cosmetic, just like the Fel-Proof Goggles from Tanaan Jungle
The only reason I do not have the Miner's Hat equipped is how much I love my glasses! I think that's the point. :)
Sounds like a l2p issue to me.
nice part tho is you can resell them, remember that
They come in 2 classes, rhinestone shades and cheap sunglasses.
10/19/2017 01:47 AMPosted by Veni
Sounds like a "I don't read threads and post nonsensical comments" issue to me.

Do you have nothing else to post in anyone's threads? Because this is the second time I've seen this exact same comment. You need better insults. You know, ones that make sense for the topic.

::shakes head::

Anyway... as for why these things aren't transmog... I can't even begin to understand. Blizz seems to have something against people looking cool. Their NPCs can look swank, but we can't. It's crazy.
Rhinestones are like the top hat. It's for RP, lucky finds, or wealthy bankers.
10/19/2017 02:09 AMPosted by Xial
Which is a bad excuse. The limitations on outfits are just silly.
10/19/2017 02:11 AMPosted by Thallia
10/19/2017 02:09 AMPosted by Xial
Which is a bad excuse. The limitations on outfits are just silly.

I don't think it's an excuse I think that's what was intended. Should they be made moggable to a plate wearer to take into Antorus? Hrmm. Not so sure. But if it would make you happy I wouldn't be against it!

With the rarity, which since I own a pair (and have resold two), I think making them moggable makes a lot of sense. I hope they stay that way (rare). I would rather more rare items were introduced than availability increased. It's neat to have some things like these out of thousands of collectible pieces.
10/19/2017 02:07 AMPosted by Thallia
10/19/2017 01:47 AMPosted by Veni
Sounds like a "I don't read threads and post nonsensical comments" issue to me.

Do you have nothing else to post in anyone's threads? Because this is the second time I've seen this exact same comment. You need better insults. You know, ones that make sense for the topic.

::shakes head::

Anyway... as for why these things aren't transmog... I can't even begin to understand. Blizz seems to have something against people looking cool. Their NPCs can look swank, but we can't. It's crazy.
You seem rather upset, mister! I don't know what I did to get you all worked up but gosh darn it you're practically fuming at a simple statement! Did you take your medicine today? I worry for you.
10/19/2017 02:19 AMPosted by Veni
You seem rather upset, mister! I don't know what I did to get you all worked up but gosh darn it you're practically fuming at a simple statement! Did you take your medicine today? I worry for you.

Can you even afford the glasses?
10/19/2017 02:23 AMPosted by Xial

Easily. Why would anyone waste gold on cosmetic glasses though? So you can rp walk around and act important because you purchased pixels with pixels? Must give you an exhilarating rush at the keyboard. A real "my life has purpose" kind of moment I bet.
10/19/2017 02:27 AMPosted by Veni

Easily. Why would anyone waste gold on cosmetic glasses though? So you can rp walk around and act important because you purchased pixels with pixels? Must give you an exhilarating rush at the keyboard. A real "my life has purpose" kind of moment I bet.

have you looked at yourself? lol
10/19/2017 02:27 AMPosted by Veni
Why would anyone waste gold on cosmetic glasses though?

Players that can afford cosmetic items do not talk like this. This is, as they say, the language of poor people.

:)

I bet my equipped gear is worth more than all your bags combined.

Oh, just ignore this kid. He has no valid points ever and thinks he's cool for attempting to insult people. ::waves hand dismissively:: I'm waiting patiently for his forum vacation after getting triggered in his own thread and calling people "SJWs" and hoping someone's mom gets cancer. Not to mention randomly posting insults in threads where said insults don't even make sense for the thread. But hey... to each their own, I guess.

<span class="truncated">...</span>Which is a bad excuse. The limitations on outfits are just silly.

I don't think it's an excuse I think that's what was intended. Should they be made moggable to a plate wearer to take into Antorus? Hrmm. Not so sure. But if it would make you happy I wouldn't be against it!

With the rarity, which since I own a pair (and have resold two), I think making them moggable makes a lot of sense. I hope they stay that way (rare). I would rather more rare items were introduced than availability increased. It's neat to have some things like these out of thousands of collectible pieces.
I don't mind if they stay rare. I mind that they arbitrarily make some things moggable and others not. It's just a strange set of rules based off of I don't know what.

Why do they care so much if someone wants to run around in a flashy outfit that they let us mog, but not with the glasses that would make sense with it?

I just don't see why someone would care so much about us walking into a raid with ruby studded sunglasses. An entire zone is based off of Indiana Jones... but we can't mog a top hat or sunglasses?

I know they have their reasons... but I just don't understand why we have to be treated like two year olds who, appparently, aren't allowed to dress themselves. =/