Artifact Transmogs in Battle For Azeroth

Transmogrification
When BFA rolls out, will all the Artifact Weapon appearances we've collected be put into our transmog closet?

Will we still be able to work on attaining skins after the new expansion rolls out? Or will some / all be locked out once 8.0 goes live?

Thanks for all you do.

-=R
this is critical
From what I've heard so far: all artifact skins already collected will be added to your wardrobe and you will be able to continue to work on all of them except the mage tower challenge skins and the pvp skins. Once you've unlocked the first mage tower challenge skin, you'll be able to continue collecting the additional appearances in that tier. This has all come to me second-hand, though - you'd probably want to do a google search to confirm.
Limbek's information is accurate, I think the only other skin on there that is also limited is the 15 Mythic Keystone skin. But as mentioned, if you unlock the base Mage Tower skin you can complete the other three any time.
When BfA comes out I love the look of my character and is a cosmetic set, and I love the look of the Thas’Dorah bow, when it comes out can I still transmog them in BfA or no?
Did...you not read everyone else's posts explaining it, just above you?
What about druid forms... will we be able to xmog them? If i can’t transmog all my forms i wont play wow anymore.
They've said they intend to, just not sure how they want to do it just yet.
Was just about to post asking the same thing. Given that the reward for beating class challenges are looks for your artifact weapons, I certainly hope the rumblings are true and we get to keep them.

If not, it was a colossal waste of my time and imma be pissed, Blizz.
I’m not all that super disappointed about artifact weapons going away. In the storyline, we were only allowed to use them for the purpose of defeating the Legion. Since they’re gone, presumably we have to give them back....

But that bear challenge appearance...I’m on board with Cortana and Falathiel. We worked hard for that just to not be able to use the appearance anymore. I could care less about the fist weapon appearance. I wanna be a werebear :D
I didn't hear about the pvp skins being removed I did hear about the mage tower and mythic skin (I'm assuming the mythic plus skin is what they are talking about.. )

I wish some of these were account wide unlocks. I know for sure I won't be unlocking the pvp on more than one character and the thought I have three challenge modes to do (at least) has me cringing a bit. x.x
I was hoping they would make the Mage Tower skin account wide once Legion is finished, but it doesn't seem likely. I think making the pvp skin account wide has to be a thing, since who is going to grind that on multiple characters?
Who is going to grind that on multiple characters?

PvPers, I would assume. Still, PvP skins hadn't been mentioned when talking about removed skins, so we might be able to get them another way post-legion. Maybe a butt-tonne of pvp badges
1 question, will i be able to transmog the disc weapon into holy spec / shadow. are the artifact apperances cross specable?
At this stage we don't know. Transmog hasn't had anything restricted by spec before, but neither did mounts until now.
11/10/2017 06:32 PMPosted by Smalldudee
I was hoping they would make the Mage Tower skin account wide once Legion is finished, but it doesn't seem likely.

They'll be 'class wide' as in any other class that can use them can use them. Like Challenge Mode armor.
As long as I can transmog all MM skins I'll be happy, having a quiver on my back is ultimate and takes me back to the days when we had quivers, without having to actually deal with that garbage again. LOL
My biggest issue being transferring the Artifact Weapon appearances across specialization. From my understanding, if I'm Elemental, and mace that drops that is an upgrade, I'm stuck not being able to use any of the appearences I worked hard for in Legion. I'd be fine if I could transmog my mace into, say one of the Restoration appearances I earned, but they said this won't be an option. So, basically if I get lucky and happen to loot a spellcaster fist weapon then I'm gold, if not I don't get to use any of the weapon appearances I worked for in Legion.
11/21/2017 01:30 PMPosted by Flapjakk
My biggest issue being transferring the Artifact Weapon appearances across specialization. From my understanding, if I'm Elemental, and mace that drops that is an upgrade, I'm stuck not being able to use any of the appearences I worked hard for in Legion. I'd be fine if I could transmog my mace into, say one of the Restoration appearances I earned, but they said this won't be an option. So, basically if I get lucky and happen to loot a spellcaster fist weapon then I'm gold, if not I don't get to use any of the weapon appearances I worked for in Legion.

Agreed. I have wanted to use the PVP Mage Tower appearance for Ele in Enhance so I can use pseudo Beast Claws (ala Bloodborne). Or the frozen Sharas'dal alongside Doomhammer. Maybe lore wise it makes no sense, but I still think that level of customization should be available.