Alliance got short changed on subraces

Story Forum
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
With that they also have the explode and do no damage or healing when you die,

I really just want to take a moment and focus on this right here.

The extremely religious, borderline zealous, foreigners blow up when they die.
Still holding out for Vrykul, I think they can do a lot lorewise with them. You could also probably justify them being any class but Demon Hunter too.
11/07/2017 07:04 PMPosted by Alurna
With that they also have the explode and do no damage or healing when you die, which is also a joke then the 20% xp from demons and beasts which is a wasted racial spot. Their racials are the worst of any race.

You forgot Holy Resistance. I wasn't even aware Holy Damage was a thing. Might be useful in PvP?

The resist racials haven't really be anything more than flavor since they were changed from chance to dodge spells to just damage reduction.

I remember times when Blood Queen Lana'thel's fear would miss me in ICC. That was fun.

Profession racials aren't so great either unless they come with extra perks like increase gathering speed.
11/07/2017 07:18 PMPosted by Hackbrew

Yep, but in this case their explosions do next to no damage so they aren't hurting anyone. It's like 1/4th of their useless active.
With that they also have the explode and do no damage or healing when you die, which is also a joke then the 20% xp from demons and beasts which is a wasted racial spot. Their racials are the worst of any race.

I am pretty sure trolls have the same racial but only with beasts.

I am somewhat surprised people aren't pleased to get the army of the Light. I though people would be stoked to get Y'mera, Fareeya, and Enaara joining the Alliance. I guess that means Lothraxion will be Alliance too. Ironic that in the end its the Alliance which has a dreadlord, though in this case one which isn't likely to be betraying you.

11/07/2017 07:22 PMPosted by Mystheal
Yep, but in this case their explosions do next to no damage so they aren't hurting anyone. It's like 1/4th of their useless active.

The racials aren't set in stone, let alone even close to getting any balance passes. Your also ignoring that we will be getting a substancial stat squish. On the Blizzcon demo people were running round with ilvls of 170 in BfA zones.

If its any consolation, they are going to change/nerf arcane torrent which is pretty much the main racial of value on a BE.
11/07/2017 06:29 PMPosted by Bjoramier
Zandalari have a unique model

Their model has Night Elf animations from what I heard. It's just the IoT model which was based on the Night Elf skeleton. Could be subject to change though.

Anyway, I don't think the Alliance's allied races are bad at all. Dark Irons and Void Elves are my personal favorite, with Dark Irons being the top.
11/07/2017 07:30 PMPosted by Syriyna
I am somewhat surprised people aren't pleased to get the army of the Light. I though people would be stoked to get Y'mera, Fareeya, and Enaara joining the Alliance. I guess that means Lothraxion will be Alliance too. Ironic that in the end its the Alliance which has a dreadlord, though in this case one which isn't likely to be betraying you.

I like the army of the light and the draenei military being somewhere else was always a fan theory of mine, where the draenei on draenor were mostly just the civilians. I just think they have the worst racials of any race by far. I am also pretty doubtful any of those characters will even show up other than a rep in stormwind.

11/07/2017 07:30 PMPosted by Syriyna
The racials aren't set in stone, let alone even close to getting any balance passes. Your also ignoring that we will be getting a substancial stat squish. On the Blizzcon demo people were running round with ilvls of 170 in BfA zones.

If its any consolation, they are going to change/nerf arcane torrent which is pretty much the main racial of value on a BE.

Even with the stat squish the racial was doing no damage to mobs from floor demos. If they do change it they will have to massively increase the damage on it, or drastically reduce the CD. They are far too worthless as they are now.

Also yeah arcane torrent is probably the most op racial in the game atm, so it needed a change. Utility racials don't suffer from the same kind of thing damage racials do, since you don't need any kind of scaling. That's why they are massively preferred.
11/07/2017 07:18 PMPosted by Hackbrew
With that they also have the explode and do no damage or healing when you die,

Huh... Disturbing considering how their accents COULD be heard... Is this offensive? I think it could be offensive... Let's hope Tumblr doesn't take an interest in the Lightforged Draenei.
Horde races, I like them all

Ally races, only Dark Iron is really good. Void Elves are... interesting. Lightforged is just bad.

We should've gotten Broken instead
Zandalari best allied race. I am immediately making one my main.
11/07/2017 08:07 PMPosted by Grungal
Zandalari best allied race. I am immediately making one my main.

Why fight as Horde vs Alliance when we can fight as Zandalari vs everyone else as we reclaim all land?
/bump
11/07/2017 08:41 PMPosted by Grumbley
/bump

After 28 minutes? Add something interesting if you want your thread at the top.
I like the “ I was *%!*!%!* by X’era and all I got was light tattoos” that the Light forge sport.
11/07/2017 08:49 PMPosted by Urók
After 28 minutes? Add something interesting if you want your thread at the top.

I like where the thread is going but its getting too late and I have classes tomorrow wanna continue it without necroing

Another thing bout Lightforged Draenei as mentioned before their racial traits are garbage.
I think we'll have to see on Void Elves. If Blizz had said to me, "We'll you, Wreave, make the choice for the alliance, which will it be: Nightborne, or Void Elves?" I would have chosen Void Elves.

Though if the choice had been between Void Elves and High Elves, I would have chosen High Elves.

I do hope that we'll get a damned good intro story on the Void Elves though.

PS: I reserve the right to decide that I don't like void elves after all, and not play one at all.
We just got a ton of dinosaurs through the Zandalari so that means we automatically won. No point in even having a war.
11/07/2017 09:31 PMPosted by Xoroth
We just got a ton of dinosaurs through the Zandalari so that means we automatically won. No point in even having a war.

We need a war to prove that the Horde's new allies are dino-might.
11/07/2017 06:26 PMPosted by Indrothan
I am the only one who thinks the Alliance got a bad deal on Sub-races.

Alliance Sub-races are so bad that I think that Devs having Horde bias is now a legitimate claim.
Yeah, I think the Alliance kinda got ripped off.

Dark Irons were already part of the Alliance, so all they really gained was access to the skins.

Then they got the remnants of the Lightforged Dranei (about twelves guys) and a few Elf junkies.

The Horde got three full races.

And laser dinosaurs.