Easy for new player

Battlegrounds
Trying to get my Gf to try WoW. Will be first time playing this type of MMO. Trying to start her out easy.

What is probably the easiest DPS to play right now with not much to master. I normally thought DOT classes but think might be easier for them to tunnel and start ignoring simple mechanics.
frost death knight or havoc demon hunter for sure
Eh idk if I'd start her out as melee. Lock is a pretty good choice or hunter.
Picking a class/spec that takes a little more skill/time to get good will be better in the long run.
You can always hop on the minimal intelligence classes/specs later when you want a break imo.

Pick what you like, class fantasy wise.
Anything melee, start with DK, the rest aren't far behind in terms of retarded simplicity.
What are you trying to say? Because she is FEMALE, she can not play complicated specs?

Well I got news for you buddy, a girl can do anything a guy can. Stop being sexist.
triggered
10/17/2017 05:40 PMPosted by Aevirent
Trying to get my Gf to try WoW. Will be first time playing this type of MMO. Trying to start her out easy.

Ohman.. You need to know the rules.

Rule #1 do not tell any one "She" is a she.
Rule #2 do not force your girl to play a healer or a hunter.. JUST DONT.
Rule #3 do urge your lady to avoid playing a wizard, she is better off playing melee right now.
Rule #4 Kindly point her in the direction of playing WW monk, Feral, or Ret, because there is far more room for her to explore alternate game play later (such as healer), but you cant ask a gal to play heals in random.. Thats just mean man.

Well, good luck.
Demon Hunter hands down
Dk or DH are the best options. Those classes were designed to be easy to use and playable by 6 year olds.

For ranged, warlocks are tanky, can 1v1 most specs, and have been pruned so heavily they are very easy to play. Demo is the only engaging spec in my opinion.
I've been gearing up my AFF Lock. It's like 4 keys.
I think hunter is the best starter class.

You have a pet that tanks for you. You shoot stuff from 40 yards away. You're more mobile than other ranged classes. You wear mail armor.

When things go wrong, you can turtle shell or feign death.
10/17/2017 06:29 PMPosted by Demoniclily
What are you trying to say? Because she is FEMALE, she can not play complicated specs?

Well I got news for you buddy, a girl can do anything a guy can. Stop being sexist.

Maybe. Just MAYBE, OP thinks it's a good idea for any new player to start off with an easy class. I got my friends, both male and female, to try out easy classes to get the hang of basic mechanics, allowing them to venture out into more complicated classes. But no clearly he's a sexist pig who thinks all women should play easy classes, right?
I think putting people on an easy class is a mistake too, putting them on a medium level class is better because the odds of the nerf bat slamming down on them is less risky..

Telling a new player "Go main a DK / DH" knowing full well they will be nerfed eventually is cruising for disaster and contributes to the complaints that ask for the game to be dumbed down to those levels.

This is exactly what happened with every EZ mode class and the new players who got in on them thinking "Hey I'm really good" only to find out their class was carrying them.

The net result was a wave of QQ when these needed nerfs came about.

Hence why putting them on something strong but more or less balanced like a feral, WW Monk, or RET, because yes they are strong, but they are also more balanced than other classes in regard to that they both do damage in a very competitive way yet they also DIE when played like an idiot..

This teaches the new player not to over extend like a chump, and also teaches them better game play habits that playing something like a Frost DK or Demon Hunter can not teach them presently due to design failures by blizzard development team.

As some one trying to bring more players into the game, you should also always be thinking of both fun for your friends and very importantly the overall well being of the game.

This is the same as bringing up a child with a work ethic VS bringing a child up on welfare and then teaching them that welfare is how its done.

I did not recommend playing a wizard or a healer in BG's presently because that is like bringing a child up in a concentration camp..
While I agree with you, I think there's a difference between a class that's easy to get the hang of or learn and an OP class. In the former, you don't necessarily do crazy damage and the latter isn't necessarily easy to pick up and play right off the bat.
I still think Lock or Hunter.. being a she, us she's like Locks and Hunters
10/18/2017 01:03 AMPosted by Jugaa
I still think Lock or Hunter.. being a she, us she's like Locks and Hunters

I notice that the gals also like them druids and shamans too.. mind explain that too me?
Let her pick her own character if she doesn't ask for your advice.

She might fall in love with a class because of its fantasy and aesthetic, not viability or difficulty.

Besides, starting out, all classes are easy. It takes awhile to acquire spells.
Damn this thread is salty.
10/17/2017 06:29 PMPosted by Demoniclily

DAMN BRUUUHHH! LUL....that was actually funny in a way. please continue.