Heartbroken over Dethrone button

Customer Support
My Guild was taken from me. I had not logged in in over 30 days due to medical issues and in and out of the hospital. An old friend had added his wife sometime in the past year. Everyone had been inactive for months until 5 days ago. She hit the dethrone button and I lost a family guild my husband and I had created and had since BC.. the logs show this...she even has my guild bank and my gold...the guild logs show all of this. The only active person until just over 90 days ago was me.

She hacked an account of her ex husband who is a long time friend and then ranked herself. She dethroned me and then proceeeded to demote all of my toons to the bottom rank...I have had repeated tickets to Blizzard. I keep getting the same blanket response "we are hands off on guilds blah blah blah"

I have a huge problem with the fact that they do not email you and give you a chance to dispute or explain what is going on...Blizzard can easily tell by the guild logs for how many years this has just been a small guild and the same guild master for several years...or at least gm from the same 2 accounts...

You would think there would be exceptions to this stupid guild dethrone stuff..I would understand if it was a big active guild and a bunch of officers...and a bunch of active people. I would understand the passing or dethroning to have leadership but a small guild created solely for gamin with our nieces and nephews and grandkids and they can't see fit to look at the logs and fix this issue...I am heart broken..everything in the guild bank was put there by my husband or myself. I worked hard, spent my money to buy tokens to put some gold in our little guild bank for the grandkids

Seriously there should be a better handling and better way to handle guild leadership changes...

Heartbroken this was my little guild with my kids, now my grandkids and it's gone...what happens if the person who stole my guild decides to kick all my toons out? What happens then?

Why can Blizzard not be impartial and just look at all the guild logs? Make a true investigation? Rather than what is going on....

6 tickets same blanket response...smh
Um..not a whole lot can be done about it here, if you wish to provide feedback, you might do so in General Discussion as your concerns will not be heard here on the CS forums.
Thanks for letting me know. I will
do that
10/18/2017 06:41 PMPosted by Lunarraven
I had not logged in in over 30 days

The dethrone option only shows up if you have not logged into the Guild Leader character for 90 days or more.

You had plenty of opportunity to prevent this form happening by reducing the level of everyone but yourself and those you trusted with authenticators attached to their accounts.

You would think there would be exceptions to this stupid guild dethrone stuff.

There is and it's well documented.
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/10333
Heartbroken this was my little guild with my kids, now my grandkids and it's gone...what happens if the person who stole my guild decides to kick all my toons out? What happens then?

I'm sorry, but that is entirely up to the guild leader. They are welcome to invite to remove anyone they wish.

Why can Blizzard not be impartial and just look at all the guild logs? Make a true investigation? Rather than what is going on....

We do not micromanage player relations, Lunarraven. We provided the tools for players to manage that themselves. The guild leader has the ability set permissions of a guild and place only members they wish to be able to dethrone in the qualifying ranks. If they don't wish to have that be possible then they should be sure to not promote anyone to those ranks.

It isn't that we do not empathize, Lunarraven, but these policies are immutable for a reason. So that players, guild leaders and guild members know what to expect.

If you wish to see a change made to how this all works you are welcome to submit your suggestions via the option in the in-game help menu or by posting in the General Discussion forum. Keep in mind though, the current policies and how the Dethrone system works was due to a great deal of feedback provided by the playerbase. Unless there is a great outcry from the playerbase it is unlikely to be changed.
6 tickets same blanket response

I'm surprised you didn't get a warning over GM harassment over that.

That said, even in the unlikely event that they changed the Dethrone Policy, it wouldn't be retroactive.

Simply put, unless the new GL relinquishes control to you; you're not getting the Guild Leader position back.
She hacked an account of her ex husband who is a long time friend and then ranked herself. She dethroned me and then proceeeded to demote all of my toons to the bottom rank...I have had repeated tickets to Blizzard. I keep getting the same blanket response "we are hands off on guilds blah blah blah"

What do you mean she "hacked" the account?
10/18/2017 07:46 PMPosted by Broklesnar
What do you mean she "hacked" the account?
Probably got her ex's Login and Password, the OP had absolutely no proof of it. Not really important here, Blizzard upheld the dethronement.
Sorry, but if this person doesn't own that account then her "ex" can get the account back from her and fix the issue. If this person that you trusted with the guild is such a good friend then you need to start talking with them and get the process started.

Once they get the account back from her, if the story is true, then you should have no issue having this "good friend" give you back the guild.
10/18/2017 07:51 PMPosted by Kneanderthal
Sorry, but if this person doesn't own that account then her "ex" can get the account back from her and fix the issue. If this person that you trusted with the guild is such a good friend then you need to start talking with them and get the process started.

Once they get the account back from her, if the story is true, then you should have no issue having this "good friend" give you back the guild.

I took that as more of the friend giving the excuse that his wife logged into his toon to promote herself so she could get the dethrone option. She didn't steal the account.
10/18/2017 09:05 PMPosted by Scüba
She didn't steal the account.

Yeah, I don't know why OP even used that terminology.