No Gul'dan Mount

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
We've been killing mythic Gul'dan weekly to get people the mount but today it didn't drop. We didn't see anything indicating its drop rate would be reduced with 7.3.2.

Our raid leader already opened a ticket but I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this.
Guessing that's a bug they'll hopefully fix quickly.

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/status/867790018428911617?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fraiders-tavern.com%2Fguldan-mythic-mount-guaranteed-drop-end-legion-201706%2F

Let us know how you go =)
10/24/2017 10:48 PMPosted by Darkmechs
Guessing that's a bug they'll hopefully fix quickly.

That's what we're assuming right now.
10/24/2017 10:48 PMPosted by Darkmechs
Let us know how you go =)

Got response from GM finally. Apparently the mount will only drop 100% if you have a full raid group. This seems like a weird design decision to me.

Hi [Raid Leader],

This is Game Master Vilgretor, I hope you're doing well today.

Currently we are experiencing an increase in contacts, leading to higher than normal wait times. I apologize for the delay in this response. We're doing our best to get to everyone, so thank you for your patience and understanding as I investigate your issue.

I've got your ticket here and it seems you had some concerns about the Fiendish Hellfire Core not dropping for your group after you killed Gul'dan on mythic difficulty.

This mount is only guaranteed if you have a full raid group, which is 20 people. In this case your raid was only 18 people, which means the drop chance is lower. As such we will not be able to assist with granting this mount.

Thanks for taking the time to contact us today, [Raid Leader]. I hope you have a great day.
That sucks so much...
Wow.....RIP. Thanks letting us know though.
10/26/2017 11:30 AMPosted by Dacowver
Got response from GM finally. Apparently the mount will only drop 100% if you have a full raid group. This seems like a weird design decision to me.
Weird, definitely, but some of the other game mechanics act the same way. Mythic+ is one of them. You don't get 2 pieces of loot for finishing the dungeon, you get 0.4 pieces of loot per party member.
10/26/2017 10:13 PMPosted by Corpseten
Weird, definitely, but some of the other game mechanics act the same way. Mythic+ is one of them. You don't get 2 pieces of loot for finishing the dungeon, you get 0.4 pieces of loot per party member.

No you don't, it's based on timer or not, and what key level. Do a 21 key with 4 people and notice you'll get 6 items still
10/26/2017 11:22 PMPosted by Evalià

No you don't, it's based on timer or not, and what key level. Do a 21 key with 4 people and notice you'll get 6 items still
How is that hard proof of anything? Perhaps it's a random chance on each piece, and it's possible to high-roll on every piece even when undermanning.

Explain how I've soloed 2 mythic pluses recently with nobody else in the instance and gotten a combined 1 piece of loot.

It is really odd that the loot chances in mythic, a static size raid, scale with actual bodies on the encounter. That really doesn't make sense.
10/27/2017 08:02 AMPosted by Necai

It is really odd that the loot chances in mythic, a static size raid, scale with actual bodies on the encounter. That really doesn't make sense.

It is odd, and previous raid mounts have never worked that way.

I remember in WoD, we were still running BRF to sell Blackhand mounts (this was after killing mythic Archimonde), and frequently ran with only 15 or so people. Mount was still 100% drop.

That's pretty much the opinion of everyone in our raid.
I think this was a recent modification? Not sure.
If this is even true, your luck must be horrible. Assuming a 5% chance per person that means you still had a 90% chance for it to drop.
why would they tweet on warcraft devs that its GUARANTEED , thats BS. maybe just a bad gm? (which has been known to happen). idk seems like alot of crap to me

It should absolutely not work that way. We were missing one person for Mythic ToS one night and decided to 19 man the first 3 bosses and we got 1 less piece of loot on each boss. I'm not sure if our luck was just that bad or if it isn't even a scaling % chance (ie if you don't have 20 you don't get the full amount of loot).

10/28/2017 11:50 PMPosted by Sightblindër
If this is even true, your luck must be horrible. Assuming a 5% chance per person that means you still had a 90% chance for it to drop.

I can confirm that loot works that way. And as I stated above, we went 3 bosses with only 1 missing person and we missed out on 1 piece of loot on each of the 3 bosses.

It might not just be a 5% reduced chance per person.
It should absolutely not work that way.

I 100% agree this is silly, if the bosses don't scale down for less players then the rewards most definitely should not.