SUB ONLY Classic Forums

Classic Discussion
Im for Vanilla in a pure form and I have an active sub.
11/15/2017 12:00 AMPosted by Night
11/14/2017 11:54 PMPosted by Wlv
Reported for trolling.

Shouldn't you be trying to find a way to manipulate that poll? Didn't look like it was going in the direction you intended.

My point is, step back, look at the data and find common ground. That's what Blizzard is going to do. If you push back to hard you will get your Pure Classic Server.... and then you'll be in EPL with 15 other people. Give a little and turn that 15 into 150.

I'm what you consider to be a #nochanges person but I voted for a few small changes and I'm willing to bet a lot of the "no-changes" did too. The problem is you're grouping a large majority of people and expecting them to share the same opinion. At the end of the day we all want classic to be as authentic as possible and the only way to do that is to advocate for no changes.

Learn to read between the lines.
Classic servers are an attempt by Blizzard to bring back costumers that are no longer playing the game due to the direction they went with it. Sub numbers are down, investors are not happy hearing "legion is doing slightly better then the last expansion" Blizzard needed to do something and they cant just make drastic changes to the current game because people have become accustom to LFG/ LFR, not talking to other people, and having purple and orange items thrown at them.

Further more you fail to realize that these "Pure Classic" people have been asking for years, some since TBC was launched for legacy servers. Now that Blizzard as finally said that they would do it people have hopped on the bandwagon and are now trying to change the servers to be something other then vanilla. Something other then what these people have been asking for and fighting for.

These people are VERY PASSIONATE about legacy servers, about the game, about Blizzard and they simply want the people that haven't been asking for and fighting for the official legacy severs to step back because you are happy with Legion and the direction that Blizzard is going with the retail game. So if you are happy with Legion and BFA dont try to change the version of the game they so dearly want to be able to play again.
11/15/2017 12:04 AMPosted by Night
11/14/2017 11:52 PMPosted by Christopher
I’m not subbed because I don’t like anything but classic WoW. How will our voice be heard?

Umm... Reddit?

Or pay a 15$ Sub. or is your opinion not worth that much?

You arent toxic at all.......
11/15/2017 12:01 AMPosted by Widdlytink
Sure, we can do that. We can also add a requirement that anyone posting on these forums played a minimum of two years of Classic =)

They should get an icon. Or different colored text, or at least have their posts flagged in a way that mods can see it, give it better read.

I am all for constructive helpful discussion. But when each thread is derailed, it's pointless. No one should have to defend their opinion to a troll on a disposable account tossing insults and mockery. Like the 1st response in this thread, non constructive and exactly what I expected.

I could have voiced opinion on someone else thread, baited an argument and derailed it. Instead I made post about the issue. Perhaps it will stay here long enough for someone in another thread to have decent conversation. Or at the least, not feel back up against a wall for wanting to Taunt as a Prot Paladin.
11/14/2017 11:52 PMPosted by Christopher
I’m not subbed because I don’t like anything but classic WoW. How will our voice be heard?

Umm... Reddit?

Reddit isn’t an official Blizzard site so I don’t give it much credit. If there should be a $15 subscription requirement then there should also be a 2 year minimum experience requirement of playing vanilla like a previous user said :)
I do not have a current sub, I canceled when WotLK was announced as I didn't like where the game was going, however my wife still plays occasionally.

I'm not a hard line "Vanilla only" as that doesn't seem to mean anything as it means different things to different people.

I've never played on a private server, as I felt that was wrong.

My only big No's would be group/raid finder, too many flight paths, cheaper/earlier mounts, Gearscore, changes in raids like lowering 40-mans to 25, easier/faster leveling, removing attunements...

I wouldn't care if they if they added battlemasters, larger bank (storage toons are just an annoyance), optional graphical updates (only optional), balancing (A fine hand would be needed)

While I do not have a current sub, blizz should care about players like me. Where Me and my wife were constant players through BC, we would like to again, and this time we'd like to share this with our kids meaning more subs from our household than before.
11/15/2017 12:09 AMPosted by Coldlink

Umm... Reddit?

You arent toxic at all.......

Pretty sure that is the most snippy thing I've said all day and I died in Classic... stayed dead for sometime only to rise to be shipped off to Northrend. I swear, I should be a much angrier person.
11/15/2017 12:11 AMPosted by Christopher
Reddit isn’t an official Blizzard site

Okay, so, the https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/ is officially moderated by Blizzard CMs. In fact a few points of controversy have cropped up because it was used to rely official info before even going to Battle.net. It also has the best Screenshots.
11/15/2017 12:00 AMPosted by Night
11/14/2017 11:54 PMPosted by Wlv
Reported for trolling.

Shouldn't you be trying to find a way to manipulate that poll? Didn't look like it was going in the direction you intended.

My point is, step back, look at the data and find common ground. That's what Blizzard is going to do. If you push back to hard you will get your Pure Classic Server.... and then you'll be in EPL with 15 other people. Give a little and turn that 15 into 150.

We have those servers currently. There's a few more than 15 people in a zone at a time.
Got to keep in mind that the solid majority of players who advocated for vanilla, are currently no longer playing retail. These forums are part of statistical analysis and data entry for Blizzard to observe the actual opinions, and frequency of shared opinions, of the playerbase.

I don't think its fair to view them as not being part of the community when they
a) were part of the original community at some point or
b) Intend to be part of the community, so long as they get the product they are wiling to pay for.

At the end of the day, this is about releasing a product. That's just how economics work - you sell something based on the laws of supply and demand. Blizzard is exploring what the product being demanded even is. So the population parameter here extends beyond just those who are currently subscribed and playing retail. To do so would only massively confound the data, and alienate a silent majority of players like has been done for several years now.

It's fine if you don't like what they have to say. It's a heated issue, and at some level, people are going to get tense with each-other. That's unavoidable, but even a Priest knows they shouldn't just preach to the choir. This is about the target market demographic, which largely, consisted of individuals who no longer play the game. I.e, the Nostalrius Petitioners and Sympathizers who signed the Nostalrius Petition with Mark Kern.

Why should we blacklist the individuals who started the movement? That would just be silly, and a waste of everyone's time and money.

It's pretty clear what the consumer wants. They want the original game. That's the product they petitioned for, and that's what they should get. It shouldn't be catered to the needs of players who condemned legacy until classic became part of the hype train.

I saw someone here on these forums post, "If I order a Peperoni Pizza, and the waiter hands me an all-topping Pizza, I'm sending it back."

It's the law of consumer economics.

Even when there are players who say "no changes," with no iota of a decent argument, that's sufficient. Because this isn't some philosophy contest where the most rational argument receives a golden cupid doll. This is about data analysis. So if someone comments so much as "No changes," that's enough to determine what that player wants and that's all they need to say.
We have those servers currently. There's a few more than 15 people in a zone at a time.

Phasing makes sure of that.
11/15/2017 12:20 AMPosted by Gaufred

Liked your post @Gaufred because it's constructive and I disagree. The poll posted in the WoW Reddit says otherwise. People want the changes I put in the OP, and not by a small margin. Keep in mind, that poll was done by a Purist and could be tampered.

11/12/2017 11:33 PMPosted by War
See, I like you all, I want to see each of you hitting 60 on Classic. However, it's not something I see happening if it's an Authentic Classic Experience. I am not talking bugs or exploits. I want people to experience the journey of Classic, not the downfalls, many of which were due to a lack of technology.

Do I want to see a long grind to 60, of course I do.
Do I want to see in-depth questing that takes you from STV to Stonetalon and back? Of course I do.
Do I want to see the entrance of the cave in Shadowglen littered with skeletons. HELL YA I want that difficultly.

What I don't want to see, is myself and 3 others in EPL because the authentic experience scared off 90% of the rose tinted blowhards in this thread.

On top of that, I want someone who didn't play Vanilla to get captivated by story and feeling of the world like I did, not deterred by hardships we all endured because it was a "product of that time."

If that means accepting change for a healthy robust community, I'm 100% there.

This is me.
11/14/2017 11:40 PMPosted by Night
People want larger banks, Battle-masters, Autoloot, linked AHs, linked FPs and Class Balance (80% BTW)

Where are you pulling these numbers from? And linked FPs were in vanilla. It's really misrepresenting to say that purists don't want that. No one is asking for Beta, unless it's a progressive realm, which means you'd end up with those things soon enough.
11/14/2017 11:40 PMPosted by Night
They're just harassing posters and trying to derail threads making it harder to sift through.

You mean like the GD trolls that keep coming here? Why not kick them out of here too?
11/14/2017 11:45 PMPosted by Pilica
I'm for pure classic and I have a sub going currently.

I am not for pure classic and I do not have a sub going currently.

Where's that wall of no?
11/15/2017 12:22 AMPosted by Night

Liked your post @Gaufred because it's constructive and I disagree. The poll posted in the WoW Reddit says otherwise. People want the changes I put in the OP, and not by a small margin.

11/12/2017 11:33 PMPosted by War
See, I like you all, I want to see each of you hitting 60 on Classic. However, it's not something I see happening if it's an Authentic Classic Experience. I am not talking bugs or exploits. I want people to experience the journey of Classic, not the downfalls, many of which were due to a lack of technology.

Do I want to see a long grind to 60, of course I do.
Do I want to see in-depth questing that takes you from STV to Stonetalon and back? Of course I do.
Do I want to see the entrance of the cave in Shadowglen littered with skeletons. HELL YA I want that difficultly.

What I don't want to see, is myself and 3 others in EPL because the authentic experience scared off 90% of the rose tinted blowhards in this thread.

On top of that, I want someone who didn't play Vanilla to get captivated by story and feeling of the world like I did, not deterred by hardships we all endured because it was a "product of that time."

If that means accepting change for a healthy robust community, I'm 100% there.

This is me.

How can you disagree with him? It's the law of supply and demand at the most basic level.
This is my real account, and I mean the meme of "Pure or GTFO".
Fight me.
11/15/2017 12:27 AMPosted by Saint
How can you disagree with him? It's the law of supply and demand at the most basic level.

Because, basic law of supply and demand would point towards the changes in the OP.

It's pretty clear what the consumer wants. They want the original game. That's the product they petitioned for, and that's what they should get. It shouldn't be catered to the needs of players who condemned legacy until classic became part of the hype train.

This is where he's wrong, Private WoW Players aren't the only consumer for Classic WoW anymore, hence the poll.

11/15/2017 12:29 AMPosted by Klov
This is my real account, and I mean the meme of "Pure or GTFO".
Fight me.

Can't fight someone I just fell in love with
Then half of us couldn't post. What's the point in that?