Nixxiom was right

General Discussion
09/18/2017 07:33 PMPosted by Elae
12-Druid.

Usually the most undruidic person in real life. Don't know if it's true or not.

For a long time, and possibly still now (if I bothered to change it back from Archdruid), my Resto Druid's title was Commandojack.
lol surprising how much truth there is to the stereotypes.
09/18/2017 09:50 PMPosted by Elae
I think it's more true for males than females Cyndilou.

"That is possible."
09/18/2017 07:33 PMPosted by Elae
11-Paladin.

You miss auras being a thing. Will never cast a healing on another team member if you a ret or prot paladin as you think you are too good for that.

[/quote]

I do miss auras, yes. Well, Devotion Aura, at least. And seals. And raidwide buffs. Exorcism. I miss a lot of things about this class...

As for the second part... uh, no. It has nothing to do with thinking [I'm] too good for that and everything to do with thinking that the actual healer(s) in the group should be doing their job so that I can do mine. And also the fact that I don't use mouseover macros when I'm not in healing spec. And the fact that my healing as a Ret Paladin is weak and ineffectual.
09/18/2017 06:48 AMPosted by Averax
09/18/2017 04:51 AMPosted by Elae
SO many demon hunters have the most unoriginal names, naming them after Illidan or some other famous demon hunter like Altruis etc. Has anyone else noticed that?

That's actually died down a lot since people lost interest.

I got my DH's name from the random name generator.
I am a douchebag...
Don't know how to play my class...
Still do 50k DPS!
Not sure all demonhunter names are some form of illadanxxxx
Aw, guess I have to change my completely unoriginal name on this character.

:*(
09/19/2017 11:07 AMPosted by Sorvera
Aw, guess I have to change my completely unoriginal name on this character.

:*(

You are unique though.
my Demon Hunter's name is Mavraris.....it was from the random name generator.....
09/18/2017 04:51 AMPosted by Elae
I also think he is right that SO many demon hunters have the most unoriginal names, naming them after Illidan or some other famous demon hunter like Altruis etc. Has anyone else noticed that?

I only have Legion on one of my accounts. I made one demon hunter named Tenebri. I have the name Duskrose reserved for a demon hunter on the other account.

My demon hunter: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/feathermoon/tenebri
Can confirm I am a forum raiding bro.
09/18/2017 06:46 AMPosted by Elae
What is it with demon hunters and such unoriginal names...

Yea, those silly demon hunters. Real hunters are original.
09/18/2017 07:22 PMPosted by Elae
To the person who asked what the stereotypes are...for races...

1-Tauren. You are a bro. A good raid leader. Like outdoors, working out, playing sports. The bros of the Horde and never cause any drama.

This has been my experience, even here on the forum, one guy on this forum that's a tauren seems to express his opinion without being rude. Forget his name. Decent guy though.

2-Pandaren.

Don't care about anything or anyone, trolling trade starting controversial conversations etc. Don't take anything seriously. Sadistic.

Not really my experience.

3-Goblins.

Don't care about fantasy at all, don't know the story and don't care. Thinks the Horde is cool. Chilled Dad's tend to play goblins.

In my experience, this is the case, I know quite a few guys that play goblins that do tend to fit the chilled dad stereotype in real life lol.

4-Gnomes.

Eats nachos in real life. Have a big ego for their size and likes being the centre of attention.

I think Crepe the MVP on the forum fits the stereotype in that despite being small, he isn't afraid to speak out. He probably doesn't eat nachos though lol.

5-Dwarves

The bros of the Alliance. This in my experience has been true, especially on RP servers. Dwarf likely to refer to you as 'lad' or 'lassie', they are usually super friendly. However don't get on their bad side...

6-Trolls

Stoners, smoke weed and eat pizza. Also don't like drama, chilled laid back players.

Not too sure about that one lol.

7-Worgen

Likes vampires and werewolf stories generally. Sometimes furries.

8-Draenei.

Like sci-fi over fantasy loves Star Wars and Star Trek. This is generally true for me that main's a Draenei. So that bit is true for me.

9-Forsaken.

Darker personality types, likes being left alone. Undead are jerks. This has been my experience when I first started playing unfortunately. I also remember when I mained an undead, all I liked to do was grief Alliance players by going to Stormwind and killing every low level player I could find lol. So probably truth.

10-Orcs.

Generally thin in real life, they are messy in real life...but LOVE Warcraft 3 lore.

Don't know if true.

11-Night elves.

The true fantasy fans. Like rich universes beyond our own, love Tolkiens work, european mythology. Sometimes bush hippies.

I asked this in my guild recently and they admitted the night elf players said they loved fantasy.

12-Blood elves.

Arrogant and think they are precious and special. Smug and full of themselves. Regal and snobby.

I regret to say in my experience on the Horde side, this has been the case often, they do tend to have elitist tendencies towards raids and other things, at least that's been my experience.

13-Humans.

Simple people, can't predict anything about them. Love to pretend they are from Lord of the Rings or Game of Thrones sometimes.

This is all just stereotypes of course. But with all stereotypes there is some truth to them I think. I don't think it's all true though.

Huh, that's funny, all of the races with "positive" traits are all Alliance races (with the exception of Worgen, because Furries)... There's certainly no bias there, whatsoever! No sir!