Nether Crucible and iLvL

General Discussion
Has anyone seen weirdness with their iLvL since the Nether Crucible hit the game? My iLvL has been fluctuating weirdly since I started using it.

When I first used it, I went to 925. Logged out, logged back in, it was at 918. Over the next couple of days it would fluctuate over sessions from 918-921. Even this morning on the Armory, for instance; I checked first thing and it was at 918, but as of this very moment it's at 921.

I thought it might be location based... like... in Argus it's higher because of the Nether Crucible but in other places where the Crucible doesn't exist it's lower, but looking at where Ashnazg is at geographically within the game that doesn't line up, and he hasn't moved in the game since my two Armory hits this morning. I also thought it might be just the Armory going wonky, but I'm seeing it in the actual game too.

Anyone else seeing anything like this?
Yea I saw this too. I log in, I'm at 908. Then a few minutes later, I'm at 910.
09/18/2017 06:57 AMPosted by Defiasbandit

Oh, yay, I'm not insane. Phew. :D
Yep. Logged in on my priest and I was 910. 10 minutes later I was 912.
09/18/2017 06:57 AMPosted by Defiasbandit

Does this mean on the 40 th day i ll go over 1000 ??
It also doesn't update the tool tip properly and in my bags it doesn't show the ilvl bump from the relics
I find this somewhat peculiar state of affairs... um...

Oh, hell. WTF, Blizz? THIS is a thing now? I've forgiven almost everything I didn't like because I didn't want to be seen as a whiner like so many of the QQ factories on these forums, but dammit, when my own iLvl is bouncing around like a drunken murloc, well, come ON!

Seriously hope this is addressed.
and when you shift+click it to link your artifact, it doesn't show the +15 at all.
09/18/2017 06:54 AMPosted by Ashnazg
Anyone else seeing anything like this?

Yes, this happened to me too at first. It was doing really weird things, like continually spiraling lower as I would alter gear sets

I think what's happening is that after you change the artifact iLvl with the Netherlight Crucible, its causing some kind of iLvl error on our character sheets.

What I found that fixed it, was to unequip the weapon, and then re-equip it. That seemed to do the trick to get it to stabilize for me again. After upgrading the weapon on the Crucible, you have to take it off and re-equip to have it register the weapon correctly.

Let me know if that helps.
09/18/2017 09:26 AMPosted by Lorsaire
What I found that fixed it, was to unequip the weapon, and then re-equip it

Thanks, I'll give that a shot!
it is a bit annoying, but thankfully it's also only a display bug. You're still getting the correct stat gain from the extra weapon ilvls even if it's not properly displaying either on your overall ilvl or when shift+clicking the weapon itself.
I swapped a 910 cloak for another 910 cloak and my ilvl went down 2 points.
09/18/2017 11:04 AMPosted by Nÿmera
I swapped a 910 cloak for another 910 cloak and my ilvl went down 2 points.
Yeah, when I noticed it, I swapped a 925 tier gauntlet for a 940 non-tier gauntlet and lost iLvl total. Then I swapped again, back to the 925, adn lost more iLvl. It just kept showing a display bug with my iLvl going down.

But as soon as I unequipped an re-equipped the weapon, it went to normal.

Also, if you link to your character on the armory or over to an update on wowprogress, they show the right iLvl, as you play around with how it works. But the easiest fix I found was just do unequip and re-equip the weapon. It resets the display bug.
09/18/2017 10:25 AMPosted by Ashnazg
09/18/2017 09:26 AMPosted by Lorsaire
What I found that fixed it, was to unequip the weapon, and then re-equip it

Thanks, I'll give that a shot!

Unfortunately, that didn't help. And after some gear changes last night, I went from 919 to 920 and now I'm at 918.

Dunno what's going on.
I've seen this iLevel fluctuation as well, I think it's just a UI glitch but there is definitely a bug of some kind in play here.
Yeah, I reported this bug over a week ago, still haven't fixed it I see.
Ok, I thought I was losing my marbles a bit. Whew
I found that by upgrading relics with the crucible your weapon item lvl and total item lvl actually reduces not increases. I was 925 with 3 new unbuffed relics in the crucible. After doing the first location for the +5 item lvl for each relic. My damage dropped 400k and the weapon dropped in damage despite going up in item lvl and my overall item lvl dropped from 925 to 921. All just by upgrading my relics.