Confirmation on recourse for scammed players

Customer Support
I'm in a guild that's currently selling the mount from mythic gul'dan, and up until recently I was under the impression that people could feel more comfortable paying for this item from us because they had the fallback of reporting and getting their gold back if we were to scam them. (Note: We aren't scamming anyone, this is just to give them some peace of mind.) I found a threat recently that said blizzard could not return money for a "contract" for a raid run as it wasn't a physical item being exchanged. Does this also apply specifically to the sale of the mount? While this doesn't utilize the trade window, selling a mount is a much more specific and tangible thing than just a "run" and seems to blur the line a bit. Any info is greatly appreciated.
The may action the account that made the scam, but barring a direct trade through the loot window with a specific agreement made strictly in in game chat channels before hand, they generally are not going to intervene.
That's why I'm asking, because we can do the mount through a trade window if that makes a difference. We just prefer to get the gold prior to the kill so we know the person isn't just getting an achievement and bailing.
Marked As Solution
Runs like this are not prohibited - but they are not supported either. If you sell a service and are not paid - Blizz will investigate, but they will not "collect" the gold for you, nor hand it over.

When they talk about trades through the window - they are talking about direct trades. You put the crafted etc item in the window, they put in the gold and both trade after having made a clear agreement in game for that item:

"I will sell you the crafted helm of awesomeness for XXXXX gold"

"Sounds fair to me"

Item traded and all is good.
Bossy is absolutely correct.

We aren't going to act as a collection agency for player agreements that fall outside the normal protections the mechanics already afford.

"Scammers",however, can still suffer the consequences of those actions.
10/18/2017 10:25 PMPosted by Bmg
That's why I'm asking, because we can do the mount through a trade window if that makes a difference. We just prefer to get the gold prior to the kill so we know the person isn't just getting an achievement and bailing.

in other words, yes, doing it through the trade window is a good idea, for a lot of reasons.
10/19/2017 04:23 PMPosted by Yindar
10/18/2017 10:25 PMPosted by Bmg

in other words, yes, doing it through the trade window is a good idea, for a lot of reasons.

not in the way they're doing it. They're first handing over gold via the trade window, without the mount. Then after the kill, they're handing over the mount, via trade window with no gold.

There's no protection in place for this, because as far as blizzard is concerned, that's 2 separate transactions. 1 for giving gold, and 1 for giving a mount.

If transaction 1 goes through but not 2, there's no recourse for the person cheated of a mount because both parties agreed to transaction 1 which has no link (as far as Blizzard is concerned) to transaction 2.
that's what i'm saying - he's saying he can give the mount for the gold in one trade window if needed, and i'm saying doing that would be a good idea as it would completely protect all parties.

getting the gold first is better for you, and it's a fine way to do it if you have customers and you know you don't intend to scam them - i imagine doing this week after week you would become reputable. but while you can tell people that blizzard may or will likely action you for scamming them if you fail to live up to the agreement, it's unlikely blizzard will move any gold or mounts back to the scammed party.
Why is there still a discussion about this? The answer was clearly given

10/19/2017 06:07 AMPosted by Orlyia

We aren't going to act as a collection agency for player agreements that fall outside the normal protections the mechanics already afford.

10/20/2017 08:30 AMPosted by Moonphyre
Why is there still a discussion about this? The answer was clearly given

10/19/2017 06:07 AMPosted by Orlyia

i suggested the OP should use the trade window, someone misunderstood, and i clarified. if you found my point uninteresting, i'd suggest not posting is the best way to no longer have discussion about it.
Or to put it more simply - people can get temporary or permanent bans for scamming. But Blizzard will never go and get the agreed-on gold or items from the scammers and give them to the wronged party.