This is Getting Ridiculous

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6
09/18/2017 05:28 PMPosted by Victor
09/18/2017 12:04 PMPosted by Rechulous
Iv noticed how stat dependent a lot of classes are...its honestly the most annoying thing in the expac...the amount of times resources went to waste to get 880 or 910 gear only to have them give me awful stats...getting a drop in a raid that offers zero beneficial stats, though it can be 10-20 ilevels higher then current gear, its still a DPS loss...

Its sad that id rather disenchant the 930 shoulders i get on my lock then replace the 890 ones i currently have because they would only hurt more wearing them then it would help...

I lost all faith in Relinquished gear for Blood DK spec. Every single piece (4 so far) have mountains of my absolute worst stat, Mastery.

Isn't that just a PITA, too? I remember when our Blood Shields were incredible. We used to be able to stack them in MoP as I recall. We could build up so much damage mitigation. Now it's barely a sliver of our overall health, and the leech-granting trait that depends on the up-time of the shield is completely useless.
I was more interested in the fact that we were not supposed to grind concordance, but now I am grinding concordance to get a level high enough for the next line of traits.
09/18/2017 11:24 PMPosted by Argorwal
09/18/2017 09:53 PMPosted by Soybomb
It's not laziness. It's not incompetence. And Blizz can do math very well.

No, it just slows you down which extends sub times longer. It's also cheaper/lower overhead costs than producing new content.

That's the reason they ditched reforging and went to this NC crapfest.

Maximizing profits at the expense of the customer.

Yes, they added a power creep mechanic to aid people in clearing the raid because they want to slow you down.

They wanted to try something new, and potentially more fun then stomp heroics for valor and upgrade everything 10 ilevels.

Or just a stacking buff/debuff to the raid.

The "power" they're adding with NC and traits etc. and the slightly shorter boss kill times is outweighed by the amount of time the NC takes, and of course the added grinding for the best/better rolls.
The relic trees, and the AP grind are the STUPIDEST thing these devs have come up with.

I only log in for raids now. Sick of the grindfest
09/18/2017 12:22 PMPosted by Brahmamama
Anyone who has to result to using a spreadsheet or an outside program to min/max their gear has lost what makes this game fun.

Play and enjoy. Marvel at new things. Work to overcome obstacles. And then revel in your conquests.

If you play this game and all you concentrate on is the minutia, you are going to miss all the wonderful things flying by.

you dont know what a "good game" is. People that have been with this game from the get go have watched it de-evolve into a facebook social media farce.

if you think this is good, you never knew what made this game fun in the 1st place
Remember when the devs said that higher ilvl would be an upgrade, no matter what? Well guess what... they lied (again). They have lied to the player base (customers) since the pre launch of Legion and will continue to do so until the bitter end.

They have made so many mistakes in this expansion, have ignored player feedback, made a joke of beta testing and continue to spew hypocrisy the majority of the time they speak.

They have an agenda, it in no way shape or form involves making the player base happy or giving the customers what they want.

Here's the rub, they want to keep what little remaining players they have left "hooked" on RNG possibilities, forcing them to replay the same (boring) content again and again, instead of walking away.

It's all about their bottom line and what is best for them (Blizzard/Activison).

So, now you know the truth.... how does that make you feel and what are you going to do about it?
I keep asking myself if it adds anything to the game. I keep asking myself what purpose it serves and what thought process might have brought about its inception. I end up with a headache every time. It's not fun, it's not interesting, and feels like a source of confusion. Even if you don't min/max it feels like a random addition to the game that has no place. Why? Just, why?
09/24/2017 02:27 AMPosted by Threa
I keep asking myself if it adds anything to the game. I keep asking myself what purpose it serves and what thought process might have brought about its inception. I end up with a headache every time. It's not fun, it's not interesting, and feels like a source of confusion. Even if you don't min/max it feels like a random addition to the game that has no place. Why? Just, why?

Because they know the majority of players will fall for it and that will keep them logging in more, increasing those MAU/DAU numbers that Blizzard is so fond of now. They won't stop just because the game is no longer fun, no longer interesting and has become confusing to figure out without referring to third party data and guides. They're too used to playing WoW and nothing else.

One of my guild leaders is like that. She'll go "I hate this". I ask why she does it if she hates it. She replies "Because it's something to do".

Blizzard doesn't have much to worry about if there are enough players like that still attached to the game and as long as investors accept MAU/DAUs instead of revenues as the measure of a game's financial success.
09/18/2017 12:51 PMPosted by Lorsaire
09/18/2017 12:18 PMPosted by Dranlord
like literally if you arent a TOP 5 guild, why you care???
This has always been a ridiculous argument.

The degree of competitiveness of the players may be extreme in the top 5 guilds.

But to pretend that players outside of the top 5 guilds don't care and would be foolish for caring about competitiveness is asinine.

If you are doing content you don't over gear, with a team that has the appropriate gear levels for the content you are doing, performance matters, and so does optimizing your gear, stats, strategy, and all that goes into your performance output. And that holds for Mythic, Heroic, and Normal raiding.

LFR, sure, who cares, people afk through that and there are almost always enough actual raiders to carry the group regardless of mechanics. But any actual raiding... it matters.
Except for the fact the current raid wasn't even tuned for this relic system. And the boosts those relics now give aren't required to clear the raid.
09/24/2017 02:22 AMPosted by Isign
Remember when the devs said that higher ilvl would be an upgrade, no matter what? Well guess what... they lied (again). They have lied to the player base (customers) since the pre launch of Legion and will continue to do so until the bitter end.
They haven't lied. Minds can be changed over times. That's not lying.

They have made so many mistakes in this expansion, have ignored player feedback, made a joke of beta testing and continue to spew hypocrisy the majority of the time they speak.
Your opinion, not fact. Also not agreeing with your feedback does not = ignoring it. Not caving into your demands does not = any of your claims either. Just the go to, baseless accusations players like you make when Blizzard doesn't cave to you.

They have an agenda, it in no way shape or form involves making the player base happy or giving the customers what they want.

Here's the rub, they want to keep what little remaining players they have left "hooked" on RNG possibilities, forcing them to replay the same (boring) content again and again, instead of walking away.

It's all about their bottom line and what is best for them (Blizzard/Activison).

So, now you know the truth.... how does that make you feel and what are you going to do about it?
And now the tinfoil hat nonsense. They do have an agenda, but it is really simple...Make a game they feel the masses will enjoy. Well, many people are enjoying it. The ONLY reason you spews this nonsense becausee they didn't make the game exactly how YOU want it and they don't strictly cater to your every want. That is the real truth here.
09/24/2017 12:39 AMPosted by Dalaneã
09/18/2017 12:22 PMPosted by Brahmamama
Anyone who has to result to using a spreadsheet or an outside program to min/max their gear has lost what makes this game fun.

Play and enjoy. Marvel at new things. Work to overcome obstacles. And then revel in your conquests.

If you play this game and all you concentrate on is the minutia, you are going to miss all the wonderful things flying by.

you dont know what a "good game" is. People that have been with this game from the get go have watched it de-evolve into a facebook social media farce.

if you think this is good, you never knew what made this game fun in the 1st place
So, Basically what your post says is "WoW is a bad game and anyone who disagrees with me is clueless".

WoW is a good game to many people. You don't like the game? Fine. Your right. But get off the high horse you are projecting your opinion from. You aren't the arbiter of what is good and bad.
When a poster comes in (like it's his/her job) and attacks multiple posters that dare question the quality of the game and those who run/design it... it's very clear that person is a shill, in league with said company.

Easy to spot... completely negates and dismisses anything they say as credible when your agenda is to simply deflect away any criticisms and counter attack those who do so.

I've eaten trolls like you for breakfast Rrayy... now go away and be a good little troll or I'll expose your masters (and their tricks) even more.
09/24/2017 03:51 AMPosted by Isign
When a poster comes in (like it's his/her job) and attacks multiple posters that dare question the quality of the game and those who run/design it... it's very clear that person is a shill, in league with said company.

Easy to spot... completely negates and dismisses anything they say as credible when your agenda is to simply deflect away any criticisms and counter attack those who do so.

I've eaten trolls like you for breakfast Rrayy... now go away and be a good little troll or I'll expose your masters (and their tricks) even more.

This is pure comedy. Especially the part where anyone that doesn't agree with everything that comes out of your mouth is wrong. High class comedy.