Human and Blood Elf Shaman

General Discussion
1 2 3 17 Next
So what exactly is the argument against this? Because you will go through these twilight hammer dungeons and other twilight areas and see a bunch of human and blood elf stormbringers, earthspeakers, aquabenders, and whatever else kind of elementalist.
"But it doesn't fit with their culture."
Why? Because they're not primitive? As dwarves, draenei, and goblins clearly show, you don't need to live in a hut to be shamanistic.
We really don't need more Blood Elves.
I will always endorse Human Shamans. My need is mighty.
09/28/2017 10:32 AMPosted by Shado
You can never have enough Blood elves.
I would rather have gnome shamans and dwarf druids.
I don't think it's about their culture not being "primitive", it's more that when you play a Human or a Blood Elf, or any other race for that matter, your character comes from a specific "faction" within that race. This lends them the ability to choose what they want to "be" when they grow up, but only insofar as what that particular society offers.

Playable Humans are always from the nation of Stormwind. Playable Blood Elves are always from Silvermoon. While it's possible for there to be "break aways" in the story and for members of those races to join "opposing factions" and learn new skills, that's not something that's on offer to player characters.

If those classes were ever added to those races, I would expect specific backstory to be created for how those races adopted those techniques and rituals, such as with gnome hunters "creating" and taming mechanical beasts.
I don't think it's about their culture not being "primitive", it's more that when you play a Human or a Blood Elf, or any other race for that matter, your character comes from a specific "faction" within that race. This lends them the ability to choose what they want to "be" when they grow up, but only insofar as what that particular society offers.

Playable Humans are always from the nation of Stormwind. Playable Blood Elves are always from Silvermoon. While it's possible for there to be "break aways" in the story and for members of those races to join "opposing factions" and learn new skills, that's not something that's on offer to player characters.

If those classes were ever added to those races, I would expect specific backstory to be created for how those races adopted those techniques and rituals.

I would hope the Devs would actually be open to that tbh. There's an opportunity there for some very interesting class and race combos that would make for even more interesting associated backstories. i.e.: reformed Eredar from Argus post-Legion that have access to the Rogue and Warlock specializations, but DO NOT have access to the "pure" Draenei character appearances, and can only retain variations of the red Eredar appearances.
09/28/2017 10:43 AMPosted by Ornyx
that's not something that's on offer to player characters.
And it really should be.

Roleplayers rarely play their characters as what the generic level 1-5 storyline tells them they should be, and those that aren't roleplayers really don't care.

We need to get over this lack of character customization and arbitrary race/class restrictions now that we're almost 13 years into this game.

If those classes were ever added to those races, I would expect specific backstory to be created for how those races adopted those techniques and rituals, such as with gnome hunters "creating" and taming mechanical beasts.

So why are dwarves shamans if they supposed to be from Ironforge/Khaz Modan instead of wildhammer?

Maybe you could "include" those other factions as additional aesthetic options next expack >.>
09/28/2017 10:51 AMPosted by Svengali
So why are dwarves shamans if they supposed to be from Ironforge/Khaz Modan instead of wildhammer?

Maybe you could "include" those other factions as additional aesthetic options next expack >.>

The Wildhammer and Dark Iron is part of the Council of Three in Ironforge. That's why we have had mages, locks, and shamans since Cata.
09/28/2017 10:54 AMPosted by Tovi
09/28/2017 10:51 AMPosted by Svengali

The Wildhammer and Dark Iron is part of the Council of Three in Ironforge. That's why we have had mages, locks, and shamans since Cata.

O.k

Why can't I look like a dark iron warlock or a wildhammer shaman? How about Krokul shamans ?

That's kinda my point.
09/28/2017 10:56 AMPosted by Svengali
09/28/2017 10:54 AMPosted by Tovi

O.k

Why can't I look like a dark iron warlock or a wildhammer shaman?

That's kinda my point.

That wasn't your point. You were asking why dwarf shamans weren't Wildhammer and they are.

Character customization is a different issue.

Firstly, I'm surprised that a blue actually posted in here.

Secondly, that's a valid point, but it seems to me to have made more sense back when the Ally Vs Horde War first started. How many years has it been since then in-game? You'd think that at some point, there might have been some human who, somehow, undertook shaman trials and gained an understanding of the elements and brought this knowledge back to Stormwind. Likewise, orcs have been part of the Argent Dawn and Crusade for years now, yet there hasn't been a single orc who embraced the Light, possibly becoming a priest and/or paladin and bringing that knowledge back to Orgrimmar.
Let's get some backstory on how blood elves decided to learn nature magic - WTB Druids please...
09/28/2017 10:59 AMPosted by Tovi

That wasn't your point. You were asking why dwarf shamans weren't Wildhammer and they are.

Character customization is a different issue.

The point of my first post is to add aesthetic options to match the already existing lore. I'm prob ganna lose a "lore battle" to you, but making these aesthetic options available is something many people want.

How can a dwarf shaman be wildhammer if he looks like he's from Khaz Modan with no face paint?
I would expect specific backstory to be created for how those races adopted those techniques and rituals

If it's specifically Stormwind, former Kurzen Expedition forces could easily provide the catalyst for a generation of Human Shaman. They delved into aspects of tribalist nature while in Stranglethorn. Provided they could be brought back from whatever madness that caused them to go rogue to begin with.

This is actually a really really good answer.

[Non-sarcastic friendly statement]: TOPIC IS OVER AND CASE IS CLOSED EVERYONE; we can all go home now.
09/28/2017 10:32 AMPosted by Shado

Sez you.
09/28/2017 11:08 AMPosted by Arkiz
This is actually a really really good answer.

[Non-sarcastic friendly statement]: TOPIC IS OVER AND CASE IS CLOSED EVERYONE; we can all go home now.
It's not over because there are countless examples including one already in this thread that disproves it.
I actually think if Kul'Tiras is introduced in some future expansion you will probably see human shamans... and you probably would see goblin paladins using the same theory of "bribing" the light.