hunters suck in pvp

Hunter
1 stun or 1 cc and your dead, the self heal is a joke. had a lock literally just charm chaos bolt, fear chaos bolt, charm chaos bolt dead.

blizz messed with this class so much they are just unplayable.
10/05/2017 07:45 PMPosted by Skórri
1 stun or 1 cc and your dead, the self heal is a joke. had a lock literally just charm chaos bolt, fear chaos bolt, charm chaos bolt dead.

Counter shot, turtle shell, feign death, spider sting, freezing trap. You can trinket the first charm and shell the incoming CB so he burns shards. With everything else up there you should be able to take out a lock as a hunter. Heal up if he gets more than 2 off

*lets warlock cast 3 chaos bolts*

*GETS VERY ANGERY*
10/05/2017 10:26 PMPosted by Sarium

*GETS VERY ANGERY*

cant stop any of them when you are feared for 6 sec, also pretty sure locks have an ability that makes a spell immune to interrupts.
10/05/2017 11:50 PMPosted by Skórri
10/05/2017 10:26 PMPosted by Sarium

*GETS VERY ANGERY*

cant stop any of them when you are feared for 6 sec, also pretty sure locks have an ability that makes a spell immune to interrupts.

Trinket, feign death, aspect of the turtle, and more cc depending on your spec.
Don't play BM in PvP.
Wait a min, doesn't bm still have the honor talent to immune fears with Bestial Wrath?
10/06/2017 02:40 PMPosted by Nateshot
Wait a min, doesn't bm still have the honor talent to immune fears with Bestial Wrath?

Yeah it is called Beast within and you can feign death spreist dots (Survival Tactics talent) while specced into Beast within and not get horrified for doing so. Beast within also give you a decrease on the cd of BW but it is only a ten second decrease.
I don’t play BM in pvp because it’s horrid, but MM is awesome in rbgs and mid to solid in arena.

Running a cleave spec in rbgs will get you almost always top dps and most rbg groups always want an mm hunter
Heres what you do vs destro :
Step 1) Log Out
Step 2) Select 100 Boost
Step 3) Select Warrior
Step 4) Equip 110 Heirlooms
Step 5) Aquire the required talents traits etc
Step 6) Show the warlock whos boss
survival can murder warlocks if played right
ranged hunter has always been weak to casters that weren't mage, its just more obvious now that we also can't kite melee for !@#$
Turtle = you're doing no damage, so lock is just patiently waiting it out

Freezing trap = again, your doing no damage, and if used as an interrupt it doesn't silence so he will just cast again

Feign death = yet again, your doing no damage and he will just cast again

Trinket = now you have no trinket for the follow up fear

Counter shot = you will not kill a lock through defenses before he can cast again or he may just burn his cd that makes him immune to interrupts anyway

Spider sting = he'll either be immune to silence or still easily live through it

MM hunters can perform well in a BG/team enviroment. I will top damage, and KBs in many BGs i'm in. I pride myself of very often being the only person on both teams with zero deaths or less than all others due to positioning,awareness etc.

With that said, I'm not about to lie and convince myself the spec is anything but average at best in a 1v1 and basically counters nothing by itself other than bad players.

Compared to the damage, cc, defenses other classes have, hunters are bad. We have CDs that are too long, no dot protection, weak single target damage, very poor damage when forced to run/kite.

The class needs help and that is a fact. Hoping a proper redesign comes with the next expansion. I'd be happy myself if they just reverted us back to MoP or Wod versions.
You do know that when using turtle or FD,your pets are still hitting him right?
Your pets can also intimidate to break his spell.

If you have the distance (which you really should), you can also disengage away to break his spell cast.

All the while he is chasing you to get that fear off, your pets are on him. When he fears your pets, YOU are on him.

Freezing trap should be used for his pets.

BM is really not the optimal pvp spec.

Seriously, you are complaining at an underplayed sub optimal spec is sub optimal?

Cannot tell if this is real or just bad troll.
10/08/2017 09:27 PMPosted by Xinobi
You do know that when using turtle or FD,your pets are still hitting him right?
Your pets can also intimidate to break his spell.

If you have the distance (which you really should), you can also disengage away to break his spell cast.

All the while he is chasing you to get that fear off, your pets are on him. When he fears your pets, YOU are on him.

Freezing trap should be used for his pets.

BM is really not the optimal pvp spec.

Seriously, you are complaining at an underplayed sub optimal spec is sub optimal?

Cannot tell if this is real or just bad troll.

Pet damage is laughable, particularly against a warlocks demon skin.
You shouldnt be winning an 1v1 vs a destro lock, its arguably one of the best 1v1 class. Shouldnt be wining agaisnt a aff or a demo either.

game isnt balanced around 1v1. Play RBG they are really good in rbg almost every team has 1. Or you can play cupid, its certainly not the best comp but you can achieve glad with it. Of course im talking about MM here , BM is laughtable.
I struggle in arenas with my hunter. I find it very hard to do damage if I'm focused.
10/09/2017 03:25 AMPosted by Mölsondry
game isnt balanced around 1v1

While this may be true, I'd like my cake and eat it too. Just like so many other specs have enjoyed this entire expansion.

It has got to be a literal blast to thrive in a 1v1 environment AND in team play as well.

when im up against a destro lock i just stand there and wait.. hunters defense abilities are a joke.
Yep bm hunter is a very bad joke. I got to rank 1 for bm hunter was immediately going to start streaming finally for bm game play. But instead bm got nerfed so hard it became virtually a 1/10 spec. So i kinda figured welp no one wants to watch a 1600-2k bracket spec. 2k being bms absolute top potential for maybe 10 hunters in the entire us for bm play. While other top us players are sitting 2500-2800 on their specs. In 2s top bm hunter was only 1742 last time i looked a month ago thats pathetic. Bm needs buffs for pvp. I dont even touch my hunter and because of that my love for wow is dying
10/18/2017 07:55 AMPosted by Thuperduper
I dont even touch my hunter and because of that my love for wow is dying

I can relate to this.

Since I started making progress on the crucible I've been wanting to focus more on one spec/one character to build it up. So I stopped playing an alt for pvp and tried going BM a couple times thinking maybe I was overreacting to how bad it was. I was completely miserable, it was just so ineffective. I tried mm which has 16 points less in concordance than my bm wep does, did a bit better, but I just get bored with that spec in pvp. Went back to bm the game after, was absolutely miserable again. That experience has really killed any desire for me to pvp.

I really don't understand how they can let a spec be this bad for so long, we got nerfed to hell in 7.2.5 with no buffs in sight. The nerfs definitely weren't meant to balance us, BM wasn't even a top preforming spec before. They nerfed BM survivability, why would they even do that? I don't think anyone who has ever done pvp has thought hunters were too tanky. I just get dissapointed and a little angry whenever I think of BM hunter pvp now.